August 2015 Moms

2»

Re: .

• I would be frustrated as well!  The day of my first appointment I was jumping out of my skin just waiting in the waiting room for 15 minutes.  I totally get it how waiting even longer would drive you crazy!  Wishing you the very best.
  • malamaza said:

Jenkayb said:

Yuuuuup. Silly me for seeking support on a pregnancy board. Won't happen again.

this is starting to bug me, but then again I think that is their whole point. 'their' being the ladies who are upset with the bannings/ changes around here so they are protesting in the manner of being rude and mean to other women who come on here to share their thoughts, experiences, questions, etc. Im pretty sure all of us know and can appreciate the whole 'if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all' and really, if you think someone's post is dumb or unneccesary you can just NOT comment, but they do just to instigate something and cause drama and have other people not like what the board is turning into.... Its really childish and I hope you realize all you are managing to do is make a soon to be mommy feel like crap, get anxious, defensive, stressed out, etc and no pregnant women needs any more of that than she gets from 'real' life. Many of us come on here to relax and get away for a while and you are totally ruining it. Ok now thats MY Rant. And those of you 'mature' mommies out there, please dont allow bullies to keep you from seeking support. I suggest we all just ignore their trolling posts and after a while maybe they will get the hint!
    GTFOH like "mature moms" ask "when did I get pregnant?" Right? Clue's should be on sale at Walmart and common sense should be like an orgasm FFS.
    You must be one of those "mature moms" ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Who has the bingo card? Are we there yet?
  • Who has the bingo card? Are we there yet?

I do but it might be against TOU to post it and I don't want to get turfed out just yet. You can search my posts or "BINGO" and you should find it.
    True, I don't really want to get turfed over something like this either. If I'm going to go out, I'm going with a bang. Plus even though this thread is ridiculous there are quite a few other ones out there that I'm following and I want to know how things turn out for the OP.

• Why am I upset? Because she's whining about having to wait 3 whole days because someone like me took her precious appointment away from her. I just can't believe they are making her wait. I mean she's already been waiting SO long.

I could careless what you think WK.

So she had to wait 3 days. Big deal. I didn't get to hear the HB and I have to wait 3 weeks for anoth app. then I still won't get to have an US until 15-18 weeks depending on my doc's schedule.
    If it was the Initial OB appointment then she would have had lots of things to do and the HB or US might not be any of them.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Thread gone wild!
  • gmd88 said:

So what you guys are saying you never got upset when stuck in traffic due to an accident because you were too busy being concerned over the people who got in the accident? I highly doubt that. We can have a whole page venting about ridiculous things that have made us cry but a poor girl can't express her frustration without getting beat up? I'd probably be bummed to.. she was really excited for her appointment. Well bring criticism for my comment. I know it's coming. :)

Oh bless your heart... Living where I live if I "came unglued" every time I was stuck in traffic because of an accident, Elmer's would make a fortune.
    You must have... a perfect life and never get upset... psh.
  • kdubbz said:

gmd88 said:

So what you guys are saying you never got upset when stuck in traffic due to an accident because you were too busy being concerned over the people who got in the accident? I highly doubt that. We can have a whole page venting about ridiculous things that have made us cry but a poor girl can't express her frustration without getting beat up? I'd probably be bummed to.. she was really excited for her appointment. Well bring criticism for my comment. I know it's coming. :)

Oh bless your heart... Living where I live if I "came unglued" every time I was stuck in traffic because of an accident, Elmer's would make a fortune.
    You're kidding with this right? I can't even address this right now. I just can't even.

Why did you come back? Doesn't your army of delusional followers need you?
    --------------------------

Aug15 January Siggy:  Favorite Mean Girl

married: 03.11.12
    BFP #1: 12.11.2014
    roll tide.
    my ute: stalk it. stalk it real good

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hey OP there is a great facebook group you should join. I am certain they will let you vent all day.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lauren12c said:

@emilygerber‌ I couldn't agree with you more. Women come here to find support, to vent, to get advice. The way other women reply is really upsetting. Why can't we lift each other up instead of making snarky, rude comments. The poor girl is just sharing her disappointment that she doesn't get to see her baby as soon as she would have liked. I'm sure everyone would have felt the same if it happened to them. I'm sure she sincerely regrets using the word "unglued" as most people found that to be terribly offensive. Can't we all just get along??

It's nice to be nice, but in the real world people have different opinions. I'd rather get someone's honest opinion then have someone "lift me up" and blow smoke up my ass.
    When pp first responded to the OP they responded how they honestly felt, the snark came (first) from OP when those opinions weren't what she wanted.
    It's been said before, the support is here, but when it's warranted.
  • I realize this is a bit off the topic, but... am I the only one that thinks the phrase "come unglued" is absolutely bizarre?

"Unglued" sounds like a term the psycho wife from Gone Girl would use.
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would also come "unglued," and by that i mean be really upset probably cry and then pull myself together. which is what I'm sure is the OP meant. also sometimes it's nice to just put a voice to that disappointment. clearly OP has just as much right to post the original post as everyone else. For me personally I think it's fine that someone gets annoyed at her post (i didn't) but find it insensitive and unnecessary that you need to word every response so strongly. You ask us "clueless" and new bump people to be understanding, search everything, and accept any response even if it feels like an attack (i say feels because even if not intended numerous people have said that's how it comes off), but it doesn't feel like you do the same thing. Then on top of it because you are upset about something that the bump did not us you rant and rave about the tou. Oh and my favorite "if you don't like it leave." Really? I think we are just looking for some support, advice, and human kindness. I haven't been here as long as some of you as I waited till I got the BFP, but I have been lurking for 2 months. I just don't get why you are so quick to respond in that manner. also it's typing and impossible to hear the tone. why always assume the newbies are whining or yelling when often we say the same things as your friends? Yes long rant. I just feel bad that some of the OP's are probably being scared away before getting the support they need even if you think they are silly.

oh and p.s. there are so many posts it's really overwhelming to search every post for one that matches what you want answers to especially if you are on the app because you don't use a computer.
  • oh and p.s. there are so many posts it's really overwhelming to search every post for one that matches what you want answers to especially if you are on the app because you don't use a computer.

Being mobile is a poor excuse. All you need to do is scroll to the bottom of whatever page you're on and there is a search bar. You type in something along the lines of what you're looking for, like "morning sickness" or "showing" etc. and tada! similar threads show up, often in multitudes. There is no need to scroll through pages and pages of posts looking for a topic.

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • As PPs have said "unglued" and "cranky for an hour" are two very different things in most people's books. This is a major case of 'not what you said but how you said it'. The way it was worded showed lack of empthy and caring and a bit of immaturity (sorry, not trying to be mean, just how I felt reading it), whereas just expressing simple disappointment with a side of understanding would have garnered many more simpathetic responses. I understand being disappointed. I don't understand losing it over that situation when there is a very good reason for it happening.
  • oh and p.s. there are so many posts it's really overwhelming to search every post for one that matches what you want answers to especially if you are on the app because you don't use a computer.

Being mobile is a poor excuse. All you need to do is scroll to the bottom of whatever page you're on and there is a search bar. You type in something along the lines of what you're looking for, like "morning sickness" or "showing" etc. and tada! similar threads show up, often in multitudes. There is no need to scroll through pages and pages of posts looking for a topic.
    I said overwhelming. also i have not started a new board and do always search. I was simply pointing this out so we could be understanding about why people post repetitive things instead of criticizing them for it.
  • kdubbz said:

gmd88 said:

I come unglued... When people die, when terrorists attack, when close friends or family need emergency surgery, you know normal things because I am normal. Not for "Veruca Salt" reasons lol

Yeah and I do get sad (though still not unglued) for people who try to create Facebook friends but can't. So they have to come back and try again. Hang in there boo boo life gets better. There, there...

Veruca Salt!

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited January 2015
    Wow, lot of pain olympics going on, odd to see it coming from "long time" members...

OP beware, the people upset about XO's recent actions are retaliating by keeping newbs in their crosshairs. Expect a certain amount of default anger on any newb post, comment, etc.

Sorry you got pushed back. Nothing wrong with feeling anxious, frustrated or disappointed. GL on Tuesday.

Eta: day
  • Wow, lot of pain olympics going on, odd to see it coming from "long time" members...

OP beware, the people upset about XO's recent actions are retaliating by keeping newbs in their crosshairs. Expect a certain amount of default anger on any newb post, comment, etc.

Sorry you got pushed back. Nothing wrong with feeling anxious, frustrated or disappointed. GL on Tuesday.

You clearly don't understand the concept of pain Olympics.

Sharing a story to say "I've been that emergency person before and I'm glad my doctor was there when I needed him." Is not pain Olympics!

Saying "I've had it way worse than you. Your pain and heartbreak is irrelevant compared to mine. Look at all my scars!" That, is pain Olympics.

There is a difference. Learn it.

roll tide.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • kamarks08 said:

Wow, lot of pain olympics going on, odd to see it coming from "long time" members...

Sharing a story to say "I've been that emergency person before and I'm glad my doctor was there when I needed him." Is not pain Olympics!

Saying "I've had it way worse than you. Your pain and heartbreak is irrelevant compared to mine. Look at all my scars!" That, is pain Olympics.

"My best friend was killed in a car accident"
    "My child was in the NICU"
    "I needed that emergency surgery"

Pain Olympics is not an online - originated term. The above are qualifiers.
  • kamarks08 said:

"My best friend was killed in a car accident"
    "My child was in the NICU"
    "I needed that emergency surgery"

Pain Olympics is not an online - originated term. The above are qualifiers.
    The first quote, was not in response to OP or the original subject. It was in response to someone who questioned that we don't get angry over traffic caused by an accident.

Don't talk shit about runningmommy's experience. I happen to know her fairly well and her reason for bringing that up was to personally share that she has been that person in a life or death situation. She was offering a very personal, and opposite perspective for OP. NOT saying "look at my I've had it the worst." But saying "please look from my perspective and see the other side." Not pain Olympics.

Same goes for third example. It's not a "look at me" intent. Not a "one-up" intent. But an "I've been that person and I for one thank God the on-call doctor was there."

Your examples are incorrect. I disagree with what you're saying. This is not an example of Pain Olympics.

roll tide.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I might come unglued depending on what else was going on. And I'd get over it a few minutes later. Idk...but unglued to me doesn't always mean crazy.
    BabyFruit Ticker

I said overwhelming. also i have not started a new board and do always search. I was simply pointing this out so we could be understanding about why people post repetitive things instead of criticizing them for it.
    The majority of the time people post repetitive things because they haven't read the Read Me First (currently missing, I know) and don't care enough to bother with the search function, not because it's overwhelming.

People want instant gratification and feel they'll get that from immediately posting rather than taking a few minutes to do a simple search. Not too long ago there were even posters who commented something along the lines of "why should we use google or search the boards first when other posters know and will just answer us."

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited January 2015

The first quote, was not in response to OP or the original subject. It was in response to someone who questioned that we don't get angry over traffic caused by an accident.

Don't talk shit about runningmommy's experience. I happen to know her fairly well and her reason for bringing that up was to personally share that she has been that person in a life or death situation. She was offering a very personal, and opposite perspective for OP. NOT saying "look at my I've had it the worst." But saying "please look from my perspective and see the other side." Not pain Olympics.

Same goes for third example. It's not a "look at me" intent. Not a "one-up" intent. But an "I've been that person and I for one thank God the on-call doctor was there."

Your examples are incorrect. I disagree with what you're saying. This is not an example of Pain Olympics.

Wasn't talking shit. And agree to disagree.

Edt: quote fail
  • @BeautifulBedlam‌ agree. I also respect the shit out of you right now. Just thought you should know.

roll tide.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @kamarks08‌ Lol! You crack me up--ain't no thang! I have no problem being cool with people whose opinions differ from my own. It helps make you well-rounded. We (general we) may be on opposite ends, but I'm still going to love - tit hard truths and hilarious gifs.
    Enjoy your weekend, lady.

Agreed. I'm only on mobile.. And it doesn't impede my ability to follow the guidelines. It's also not "pages to search" when you use the search function.
  • i hate it when people tell others not to post something just because they don't think their feelings are valid. If something bothers you, vent! This is what this place is for! And if you read a thread you don't think is necessary, ignore it!!!
    Zokorro

• This probably could have waited for a "first world problem Friday," "bitchfest Monday," or some other common grievance thread. If you stick around long enough, you'll find incredible support and compassion... But not if you act like a drama queen (that means starting an entire thread to complain about one little thing that pretty much no one else is experiencing or can relate to). You live and learn. Pouting and saying things like "I should have known better than to ask for support here" is very distasteful to most adults.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• thehurricainethehurricaine member
    edited January 2015
    gmd88 said:

Uh yeah... I refuse to be someone who gets frustrated over getting stuck in traffic when someone's life is in danger. It's not even a question. Please don't assume that the worst in you is the same as the worst in me. I'm sure there are things about me that would you would be proud aren't faults of yours, but I have literally sat waiting for 3 hours to have a tumour removed from my abdomen because the anesthesiologist was with someone who was having an emergency caesarian, and I didn't once complain. The fact was that I could wait and she couldn't. It is entirely possible to be someone who can put aside your own inconvenience and have positive thoughts for someone who is going through something much much worse. Like I said, there are lots of things you could criticize me for, but just don't assume our worst selves all look alike.

ETA: to the OP. It's ok that you're having a rough time with the appointment changing. It truly is. Try to keep in mind that you'd rather be the person whose appointment is moved than the person it's moved for, and that we want the doctor to be willing to cancel for us if we're having an emergency so we need to be prepared to sometimes take one for the general pregnant population. You'll get in to see your doctor soon, and s/he'll confirm that everything is ok and this will be a distant memory. All the best.

The majority of the time people post repetitive things because they haven't read the Read Me First (currently missing, I know) and don't care enough to bother with the search function, not because it's overwhelming.

People want instant gratification and feel they'll get that from immediately posting rather than taking a few minutes to do a simple search. Not too long ago there were even posters who commented something along the lines of "why should we use google or search the boards first when other posters know and will just answer us."
    Fair enough, that last comment would probably piss me off. You are right normally it is not that hard to search and personally even if I hadn't read the "read me first" I would Google or search on here for my question so that I wouldn't look like a complete moron. I just also know that if I was having a panic attack or meltdown I might not take the time to think my post through. luckily this hasn't happened yet, but if it did I would hope that I wouldn't have people criticizing me for it. After all that would just further push me over the edge.
  • edited January 2015

oh and p.s. there are so many posts it's really overwhelming to search every post for one that matches what you want answers to especially if you are on the app because you don't use a computer.

Fair enough, that last comment would probably piss me off. You are right normally it is not that hard to search and personally even if I hadn't read the "read me first" I would Google or search on here for my question so that I wouldn't look like a complete moron. I just also know that if I was having a panic attack or meltdown I might not take the time to think my post through. luckily this hasn't happened yet, but if it did I would hope that I wouldn't have people criticizing me for it. After all that would just further push me over the edge.
    It might, but showing isn't a Panic attack type of question. At least not for anyone I've ever had interactions with. For those who have questions about severe symptoms or concerns are answered with support and sound advice.
    Edited for spelling.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"