Nurseries and Baby Gear

Umbrella Stroller: Is Recline Important?

I'm deciding between umbrella strollers, primarily the Uppa Baby G-Luxe and G-Lite. I am going to be a FTM, so have no idea how important the recline feature is and if it is worth the substantial extra cost. Any suggestions from experienced moms? 

We live in a city and walk most places, so I suspect that we'll get a lot of use out of the stroller; hence I'm willing to make an investment for a quality stroller that will last a long time. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Umbrella Stroller: Is Recline Important?

• If you plan on using the stroller with a newborn, the recline is very important. It must recline flat, or very near flat for a newborn to be safe.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Thanks. We'll also have a regular non-umbrella stroller for his early days, but I've been advised to get both the umbrella and regular stroller. I figure since I'm doing the registry / have completion discounts now I'll pick both up now.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A recline is a must. My kids sleep in the stroller.

I have the G-Luxe and I like it a lot, however if I were to do it over again I'd do the Valco Snap (I have the double) since it weighs the same amount as the G-luxe, but has a large basket, & back storage pocket for things like your keys & phone. It also reclines and opens/closes much easier.

My biggest pet peeves of the G-luxe after using the snap...curbs & uneven pavement. If your pounding the pavement a lot you're going to want something a little easier to use. The snap is also newborn rated. Not sure what your full sized stroller is..but just my 2cents and if you haven't purchased a stroller yet...unless your jogging all you'd need is a snap.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • We have the uppa baby and love it for naps on the go. We use the recline feature often! We didn't use it in the early days though.
  • Recline is only important with an older baby if you plan to nap on the go. So you might want to wait until your child is a bit older before you decide if that fits your lifestyle or not. In my case, my son was never really able to fall asleep in his stroller, so when it was time to buy an umbrella we didn't worry about the recline feature.
  • I think the recline feature is a must. We have a uppa baby vista and a chicco liteway.
    We only got the umbrella one when my LO was 5 months and it is the one we use to travel. Since the uppababy is huge!
    Since we use it for short walks and traveling my LO naps in it sometimes....
    Now that he is almost 14 years old we have been using the umbrella stroller more and more just cause it's easier to handle around.
  • Thanks everyone. Our other stroller is the UppaBaby Cruz. Everyone says that its good to have an umbrella stroller for greater portability, etc. so even though the Cruz is relatively lightweight I want something smaller and better for travel, etc. I don't know when we'll start using it but I suppose I need to bit the bullet and go for the reclining stroller. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"