August 2014 Moms
Options

Gym Daycare

I'm a FTM...so unsure in this area. What age do you think is appropriate for a LO to go to gym daycare for an hour? I feel that I could go during a window when he doesn't need to eat or sleep. Also, any suggestions of questions to ask or what I should be looking for?

Re: Gym Daycare

• Options
    My LO started going to the gym nursery right around 12 weeks. It is a GREAT daycare though. They feed, change, and play with her. I quit my original gym because their care was terrible. I would ask if they will feed/change while you are working out. Some will either come and find you to change them or will just let them sit in their poo. I would just say it's when you feel comfortable doing it!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Depends on the gym and the care they provide. We have not gone to the gym with DS yet just because of the cold/flu season and we've also been so busy! Will probably start in the spring. The ladies who watch the children in the day care at our gym are all older and retired grandma's and they do a wonderful job. If you take a little one there while you are working out usually they will sit with one caregiver and they will rock them if needed, feed, put them to sleep etc and just love on them. They are all very sweet and we loved taking our daughter there when she was younger. They got to know our DD and if DH was working slot and missed a day or two they would ask where we've been!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I am going to go for it! DS already is in daycare 4 hrs per day and we go all the places, so I am not overly concerned about germs. I think I need it for my mental and physical health. Our YMCA has yoga and pilates classes that I think my body can handle. There are also some evening slots when DH can watch LO!
  • Options
    I used our gym daycare twice when I was on mat leave and LO was 6 weeks the first time. He was the only one there and they can feed and change but he ended up sleeping the whole time so wasn't bad!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"