August 2015 Moms
Options

How to deal with death in the family while pregnant

i lost my grandmother Tuesday to a long battle with Alzheimer's. It was so hard seeing all of that and being with my grandfather and mother and pretty much my whole family. It was a really tough blow for all of us because grandma was a very important person in all of ours lives. I cried for a while about it and I know stress is bad. I'm only 9 weeks and most of my family doesn't even know I'm pregnant yet. How do we deal with stresses like this while pregnant ?

Re: How to deal with death in the family while pregnant

• Options
    I don't have any advice, but wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss. thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
  • Options
    I feel for you. I lost both of my grandparents during my last pregnancy and it was rough. The first one was before I had even told my family and I was so sick as well. I don't have much advice other than listen to your body. Stress during pregnancy is hard and you need to keep as calm as you can. Good luck and God bless.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  

I was worried about my stress levels last pregnancy and someone said something to me that really struck me: Women have been having babies in the middle of wars and famines for thousands of years.  Really, don't worry for one second about how the stress is effecting your baby.  Baby will be fine.  Take care of you and your family.

BFP #1 ended with H born 2/2/13
    BFP #2 ended in loss @7weeks 10/15/14
    BFP #3 due 8/21/15 *please stick*
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I lost my amazing grandpa at the end of my last pregnancy which was also incredibly difficult. All you can do is Live in the moment you are in. Grieve your grandma as much as you need to and take care of your family, but also take breaks when you can. As the pp said, the baby really will be fine as long as you keep eating and drinking water. I'm sorry.
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I am sorry for your loss, and I know how you feel. My mom passed away on December 4th. She had been battling Multiple Schelrosis for a long time. We found out we were pregnant 11 days later (My doctor thinks Jelly Bean was conceived around the 4th which I still find amazing). My situation is a little different. I was not pregnant when we lost my mom, but I was certainly still grieving. It is tough, and unfortunately I do not think there are any magical words that anyone can say to make it better. I just told my family last week about Jelly Bean. I was scared about the stress and I didn't know how everyone would react. I haven't seen my dad and grandma so happy in such a long time. If you have heard the heartbeat, tell your family. They may find comfort in knowing that even with the huge loss your family has faced there will soon be new joy in the family. I am sure you will feel less stressed when you tell them too.

I wish you the best of luck and I know you can get through this.

Married by best friend August 24th, 2013!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jelly Bean is due August 27th, 2015!!!
    It's a GIRL!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"