December 2014 Moms
Options

Dummy's

Best dummy's please.
My lo is 3 weeks and she finds it hard to keep dummy's in her mouth as tho they are to heavy
So far I've tried mam.. Avent.. Boots own.
Any suggestions please

Re: Dummy's

• Options
    We have Gumdrops... But at 4 weeks it still isn't common for him to keep it in his mouth longer than a minute or two. I assume it's just a coordination thing they develop with time.
  • Options
    We have used the tommy tipee since she was a week old.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use the jolly pop. That is what the hospital gave us to let LO use in the hospital and we stuck with them. They're very safe and it is the only pacifier my LO will use. I love they it has the nose cut out, is high grade material, and can't be choked on. Jollypop.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• Options
    We're using Nuk 0-3 months. Make sure you're using the right size!
  • Options

We have used the tommy tipee since she was a week old.

We started with the soothies and they would always fall out of his mouth and it seemed it took a lot of energy to keep them in his mouth. We use Tommee Tippee bottles and I just discovered they make pacifiers. DS loves them and they are so light!!

• Options
    The Jolly pops stay in LO's mouth quite well. She hasn't had any difficulty with them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I've never heard them called dummies before.
    Neither have I.
    I think this is how they call pacifiers in the UK
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    For us, our second is taking after the first, she doesn't like pacifiers at all so far and keeps spitting them out even if you try to hold it in for her.

Nice thing about this is that the LO doesn't have to be weened off the pacifier in the future or like some children where they can't sleep without one in their mouth.

• Options
    LO seems to take any that we give him but I prefer the Tommee Tippees but I grab whatever one I find around the house first. He loves his fingers and thumb too so I think once he's coordinated enough to get his own fingers in there when he wants them, he won't want the "paci" anymore. **I also had issues of it falling out frequently. He's better now (5weeks tomorrow) but will spit it if he's hungry or just doesn't want it. Maybe your LO isn't very "into it"...
  • Options
    I've given my LO Mam, Soothies, and Gumdrop brand all in 0-3 month and they just fall out. If I hold one in he loves it. I thought it was just a newborn thing to have it constantly fall out, but maybe I'll try one of the lighter ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"