April 2014 Moms

Friday Chatter

Stuffy baby wakes up toddler, toddler cries and then pukes all over crib. Jammies changed, sheets changed, toddler finally back in bed, baby wide awake at 3AM. Out of coffee. Eff.

Re: Friday Chatter

• Ahhhh!!! My kid is still stuck on east coast time. It's 4:30 and this guy is wide awake. What is the ultra secretive FB group? There's two?
  • 4:00 and both kids finally back to sleep. Yay for getting up in 2 hours for work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Morning flights are my favorite. Then you can make the most of your trip. Where are you going?
  • DS2 woke up at 530, which is hour and half or so early. Now he can't decide what he wants, he cries hysterically when he's up and playing, he cries hysterically when I put him in his bed. I'm so tired already and it's only 7am.

And the crying woke up his brother.
  • You have my sympathy Dani. When I saw on the news that Target's Canadian stores were closing I felt so bad! I literally don't know how I would live without it. Which is sad I guess hah
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• I'm throwing in the towel and calling the doctor today. LO had a 103.8 fever Monday. His fever spiked again yesterday, and is now 103.3. Wish I could stay home with him, but I already took Monday off while he was sick, and yesterday off for me. Just want to cuddle the little booger all day :(

• Tferr02 said:

DS2 woke up at 530, which is hour and half or so early. Now he can't decide what he wants, he cries hysterically when he's up and playing, he cries hysterically when I put him in his bed. I'm so tired already and it's only 7am.

And the crying woke up his brother.

We are having the same day.
  • Also a part of the early morning wake-up club. I did manage to get him back in bed for another hour, no thanks to the constant stream of cats and dogs that were parading into his room (okay, one cat and one dog who decided to come visit about 15 times while I was feeding LO).

Coffee for everyone!
  • I recently upped my fenugreek amount from 3 capsules twice/day to 3 capsules 3x/day. I think it's making my stomach upset. I've been feeling nauseous. I may have to taper back to twice a day instead. :-(

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Oh Dani, you've missed a lot! There was an exodus of sorts and mass bannings in Parenting. Enjoy your vacation! It will be awesome to get away to somewhere warm!

Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• @dani+california‌ it's just to help new members, not a change to TOU. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12522370/regarding-the-guidelines#latest 

I'm sad for you guys.... I don't know what I'd do without Target. Hope you have a great time in FL. The weather has been nice lately.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • G finally fell back asleep. This is when 2 kids 2 years apart stinks. With DS1, I would have been napping right now, however I can't because I have to watch the toddler.
  • SarahL2P said:

Is anyone else's LO obsessed with their hands. He will be doing something and then all of a sudden his eyes spot his hands, he stops everything and just stares at his hands, moves them around slowly and watches them...it's like "whoa, man, did you see these things?". It cracks me up how fascinated he is.

DS did this awhile back and it looked like he was tripping on acid LOL
  • Oh and my anniversary is Tuesday and I've done nothing for it. I think we are going to do a day trip to Jekyll Island tomorrow and I need to go buy him a tool from Lowe's. I stink at this
  • Add me to the early risers club. I'm exhausted and she's happy as can be. Ugh need coffee!

I totally missed all the drama that happened with parenting? Too. I have no clue what's going on.
    Me = 28
    DH = 29
    Multiple loss mama
    Rylie: Born 04.2014
    Haley: Born 07.2017
    Emily: Born 08.2019

• @Tferr02‌ I'm jealous you live so close to the state line. There are so many places in Georgia that I love visiting but getting out of Florida is a pain.
  • @LizChad09‌ I LOVE our new area. I grew up in the Sarasota area, and I love living in FL but the drive to get out of the state was miserable. Now I have the best of both worlds. DH and I think this is where we are going to move when he gets put of the Army
  • MY HANDS ARE SO DRY!!!!

Can anyone recommend an awesome lotion?! I have a hard time finding any that don't leave a greasy feeling (and I'm really picky because my hands get clamy often and lotion doesn't help...)

Hope all of you early rising mamas found some coffee!!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Dixon813‌ my favorite is Gold Bond. Either the aloe or the healing one. I wash my hands a ton at work and those lotions don't make my hands greasy at all!

• My alarm went off. They dispatched PD since we aren't home. PD desided not to investigate since our car was out front. So I have to have my 85 yo MIL go check the house. X(
  • I am so irrationally mad at my DH right now. I finally got the baby back to sleep after being awake for 4 hours. Then my DH decides he needs sleep but he snores so fucking loud that the baby woke up. So now I'm stuck with a pissed off baby (like I always am) and he's snoozing away.
  • thomas930thomas930 member
    edited January 2015
    Glad your pup is doing better @Ashleypixie
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • I've been spending all morning chasing Evan around because he's chasing our roomba from room to room. Finally decided that it's okay to let it bump into him, since it doesn't seem to hurt. 

Also, DH caught him trying our stairs and watched as he got to the 8th step unassisted....

So, baby gates? Does everyone with 2 stories have one at the top and the bottom? Right now we just have one at the top, but size wise is meant for the bottom of the stairs, which are super wide, and we'll be moving it down soon. I'm wondering if we need one at the top. If we're up there, we're just playing in his room, and I keep the door shut. I'm feeling safety wise that remembering to close the baby gate is about the same as remembering to close the bedroom door, but maybe I should buy a top one too, just case. What are all you doing?
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• I went to Target mid-July to get a DVD player and they didn't have any. Not one.
  • Tferr02 said:

G finally fell back asleep. This is when 2 kids 2 years apart stinks. With DS1, I would have been napping right now, however I can't because I have to watch the toddler.

I lovetit out of commiseration.
  • Worst part about working from home: my bed is 10 feet away calling my name and I don't have time for a nap :(
  • Oh yay @fireflygirl12‌ good to see you here again! :) Hope you get a nap today, that sucks!

@lia619‌ Safe travels! Hope it goes well for you.

We leave for Florida today and I'm dreading it! I HAAAAATE flying and I'm hoping Quinn will do well. Can't wait to just be there!

What's with the new sticky? I haven't been on in a few days. Hope I didn't miss anything!

I've been wanting to come around again for awhile now, but work is crazy busy. Go figure the day I come back, the bump implodes. I hope everyone sticks around.
  • I noticed a lot of the cutie patooties in the baby pic thread have the same hair style going on. Bangs getting long and the rest is regular baby hair. What's the plan? Brush them to the side or get the scissors?

We'll trim it. DS1 got his first haircut around 10mo because it was getting scraggly over his ears.
  • DH was alone for bedtime last night and gave up dealing with a screaming LO and just put her in the RNP in our room. I've been trying so hard to get her into the crib, and she's spent all night in the crib for a weeks or so, so I was irritated, but then she slept for a 6 hour stretch, woke around 2:40, and then didn't wake until I had to get her up to nurse before work. Can she just sleep in the RNP forever? In the crib she's been up every 1-2 hours. Ugh

Photobucket imageimage

• I want to move to Missouri and become a prepper
  • I need naptime today, I need both kids to nap at the same time. Why can't this just happen today?
  • DH was alone for bedtime last night and gave up dealing with a screaming LO and just put her in the RNP in our room. I've been trying so hard to get her into the crib, and she's spent all night in the crib for a weeks or so, so I was irritated, but then she slept for a 6 hour stretch, woke around 2:40, and then didn't wake until I had to get her up to nurse before work. Can she just sleep in the RNP forever? In the crib she's been up every 1-2 hours. Ugh

If she's safe and it works for y'all, I would keep doing it! Those stretches of sleep sound amazing. We had to transition her out because she started trying to roll in her sleep.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • I have no motivation today at work. None whatsoever. Is it the weekend yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"