TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro and Temps Question

**signature photo warning**

Hello,

Oh how I wish none of us were on this board:(  In early October, we discovered a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks (lost at about 6 1/2 weeks).  I thought I had known grief in my life, but the waves continue to shock me at how deep this grief truly is.  I'm thankful for a supportive community...and for the bump.

I am now on my third cycle post miscarriage and have a question about temperature.  I am very familiar with my temperature (we tried for almost a year before conceiving, so I have many months of data) and it has definitely changed post-miscarriage.  After expecting ovulation (positive OPK followed by a one day spike), the temperature doesn't stay up...it's just plain all over the place. It was never like that before miscarriage.

I spoke with my Dr. who ordered a progresterone test last month, which thankfully came back normal so Dr. thinks I am ovulating.  Dr. said it's possible the temperature wackiness has no affect on my fertility/chances.  That was comforting, but it's so discouraging to see those low temps each month.

Has anyone else experience crazy temps post ovulation after a miscarriage. Did you learn anything different from your Dr?  I thought I'd crowd source to see if there are other opinions out there.

Thanks for your support and my apologies if I've written anything outside of group norms.

Signature apology: I did read the group norms and apologize that after deleting my signature photo multiple times in my bio and in settings...it still appears.  I will try later from another computer.
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and Temps Question

• Options
    Hi Lola.  I am very sorry for your loss.  Regarding temps, frankly cycles are very whacky after a loss.  It could just be yours needs more time.  A link to your chart might help.  

As for our community.  We are a strong group of women and there is a lot of knowledge and support to be gained here.  That being said, your siggy pic of your sweet boy might be off putting and hurtful to those here who do not have a living child.  Perhaps you would consider removing it to help protect the feelings of others here.

Welcome.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Welcome to the board! I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, temps are more than likely expected to be all over the place after experiencing a loss.  The best thing to do is just wait it out and see what becomes your new "normal". ((hugs))
    Me: 26 DH:28
    TTC - Sept 2014
    # 1 BFP - October 5, 2014 EDD June 5, 2015 CP - October 14, 2014

TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animal Interactions in the Snow
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like the others have said, temps can be pretty wonky after a loss and take some time to become "normal".  A link to your chart would help us analyze.  I'm not sure that your doctor can say that you are successfully Oing without a temp shift.  Are you working with an OB or RE?

Also, to make sure that you are changing your signature the new way, go up to the Head Profile pic at the top right of the screen and click on Preference then Signature Settings.  If you are doing it the old way that's why it's not working.
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone.  I tried a different browser and I believe the changes to my photos were successful (a combo of the bump always changing things...and my inabilities technologically!).

So, it sounds like yes, it's normal for temps to be wacky after a miscarriage...but can anyone clarify what that means?  Does it mean one can't conceive? One is less likely to conceive? That it makes no difference and your body is just as fertile, things just look different? I know these are really specific questions, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

We're working with an OB, but sometimes I wonder about working with an RE, which is partly why I ask what others have been told. Can't remember my fertility finder password, so I can't link right now.

Thanks for the welcome:)
  • Options
    Welcome and i'm so sorry for your losses. Your temps are wacky because of the hormones being off in your system as you get back to normal or new normal. Not really sure about the amount of fertile that your body might or might not have.
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • Options
    I can't really help you with the temp question but I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome.
    Me: 24 (hypothyroidism)
    DH:25
    Married June 2012 
    TTC September 2014
    BFP #1 October 17, 2014
    MC #1 October 26, 2014
    Benched 2 cycles (hoping to TTC January
    Off the bench as of Jan 2015
  • Options
    Smarter ladies than me already responded, I just wanted to welcome you to the board and say I'm sorry for your loss *hug*
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Welcome to the group.

praying
    • now somewhere where the love flows •
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your temps regulate back to normal (or new normal) soon. Welcome.
    I'll be at a new place providing support. 

• Options
    Welcome I am sorry for your loss.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Options
    No experience or advice with miscarriage or temping, but it looks like you've already gotten some great input. I just want to welcome you to the board, THANK YOU immensely for actually reading those guidelines, & say I'm sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))
  • Options
    @PetraStonegirl‌ , Speaking of the **read this first*** thread, is there any way to bump it up? I noticed it's getting pushed down the board with all the latest bumpdates.
  • Options
    @Petra, I hope that is soon. For lots of reasons. Any idea when that will happen? Are you sure you will be getting them back? Sorry, had a mini freak out when I realized you still have "member" status :-<
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss 

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Welcome. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 31, DH: 30, Married July 2013
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1  5.17.14, EDD 1.26.15, MMC (measuring 6w3d at 8w3d), D&C 6.26.14
    BFP#2  9.19.14, EDD 5.29.15, AF on 9.23.14 CP
    BFP#3  12.17.14, EDD 8.25.15, AF on 12.21.14 CP#2

Current plan: TTC while waiting for RPL results to come back
    Stalk my ute

• Options
    Welcome to the board. I am so sorry for your loss. 
     Me: 30, DH: 30. Dating since 2007- Married: 5/18/13. 
    BFP: 9/3/14, Found out we had triplets 10/10/14,  EDD: 5/14/15, Confirmed MMC: 10/14/14. D&C: 10/16/14.
    Formerly TashaCN and wonderigwhatmyfutureholds

All AL welcome. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome, I hope that you find comfort here.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"