August 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: Hobbies/Projects

Inspire me! What are some of your hobbies or what projects do you have going on? I feel like I have lost this part of my life with the coming of LO and i am going to set a few goals :)

Re: GTKY: Hobbies/Projects

• Options

Is reading a hobby or does it just make me a nerd?  One of the parts I loved about being pregnant was that I had time to read ALL the books, which is good because currently I'm on chapter 3 of the book I started in the hospital 5 months ago during my 36 hour labor; no time for reading now!

As far a projects: we bought a "fixer upper" 1 1/2 years ago.  The house has come soooo far in such a short amount of time (especially considering the pregnancy/birth of LO) and DH and I did it ALL ourselves! But there is still a lot to get done.  We kind of ran out of money for the time being, but I look forward to the spring and completing some of the smaller projects we still have on the list.

• Options

@mfsunshine22 reading isn't nerdy :) I love to read and am in a book club. I really like going to flea markets or antique shops and repurposing old things. I usually buy old windows or barnwood and add photos and/or paint and then hang them up. My current obsessions are trying to find the first letter of our last name and old mirrors in antique stores. Once I have  big enough collections I'm going to hang the lettters up in our mudroom and the mirrors in our upstairs hallway. I also love to cook and try new recipes from pintrest.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love to read as well and haven't been doing that. It's like my only hobby now is finding ways to get more sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love to read as well and haven't been doing that. It's like my only hobby now is finding ways to get more sleep.
    Are you and I the same person today??  :D

I love to knit too but not a lot of that is going on... I did some while on maternity leave but not since returning to work.
  • Options
    I am also a knitter, but I haven't had time since LO was about 3 weeks old.  I basically stopped once he stopped sleeping all day.  I am still a big reader, but other than that I pretty much don't do anything but take care of a baby, work, and sleep.  
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also miss reading...I think the last full book I read was on our babymoon. I have some good stuff on my Kindle and need to get back to it. I also love to crochet...would like to start a new project. And finally....I have several photo books that need to be made!
  • Options
    I like to read, but like others don't have time for that. I also play piano but I don't play as much as I used to. I'm getting the piano tuned on Mon and then I'm going to try to play more.

I just started blogging and that's been fun. I like the idea of craft hobbies, but just don't have the patience/interest in crafts.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    We need a MrsThompsons top 5 books/authors list since we have so many readers.  That way if we ever have time to pick up a book again we can use each other's favorites as suggestions.
  • Options
    My big 3 are reading, working out and cooking/blogging the recipes. I also play piano but no time these days, and love to needlepoint though it takes me like 2 years to finish one piece lol

image    image
  • Options
    I ride horses. But I haven't ridden since last February. I have a lesson set up for Sunday though and I am so excited! I also like to do woodburning but haven't had the time since before LO was born.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
    Another reader here who hasn't read since LO. I play soccer one night a week with my hubby. We also bought a fixer-upper and did most the work ourselves. The kitchen counter-top and appliances came the day I was discharge home after having LO- we cut it a little close- oh and I was 13 days overdue too lol.
  • Options
    I'm a big read too. I always have been. I'm still managing to squeeze some in, but that's because I have sacrificed TV.  DD likes to hear stories too so I'm managing to read some fun stuff while reading to her.  Right now we're working on a collection of the original Winnie the Pooh stories.
  • Options
    Current hobbies: home decor crafts and making photo books.

Old hobbies that I wish I could do more: Baking, reading, walking, shopping.
  • Options
    Another reader here, but no reading time since DS was born. When I actually had free time, I also loved to bake, sew, and play video games.
  • Options
    I like to watch HGTV shows like Fixer Upper and Property Brothers and pretend we have the money and DIY skills to change things up in our house.

I like to cook and bake when I get the chance, too.

• Options
    I love to scrapbook! That's my only current hobby.

In the past, I owned horses, so riding (and the faster the better) was top of my list. DH and I also love going mudding.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Reading, hiking/walking, sewing at my mom's, and exploring new places. Sadly, not much time for these now.
  • Options
    I'm into dolls...i like to find americangirl dolls that need some tlc and customize/fix them up. I also like Asian ball jointed dolls and customize those.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"