May 2014 Moms
Options

Unexpected bills/costs

So now that we are all seasoned mommy type persons, just curious. What bills/ costs do you have with your baby that never occured to you before you were a parent? Just got home from the grocery store and was thinking about how I spend way more now on napkins and paper towels than I used to, we always seem to need more.

Re: Unexpected bills/costs

• Options
    Diapers.  We were planning on cloth diapering, and did for a while in the beginning.  We kept going out of town, and taking disposables for that, and never really got back into the swing of cloth diapering.   

Also, snacks for me.  BFing makes me constantly hungry.  
  • Options
    I agree with @bunannie‌, I planned on breast feeding so the formula is definately a lot more than we were used to spending. We spend $200 a month just on formula. Also this was expected but we spend more on laundry detergent too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not so much for the babe but my toddler eats way more than I imagined he would at this age. Other than that I guess none of it has really surprised me

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    I'm with @Cook251 ...the amount of take out we eat is embarrassing. I'd like to say it's because I'm working full time and I'm the only one who cooks, but I was cooking every night for a long time. Right around November I think I mentally said "F*ck it" and we started ordering out three times a week. Not cool but I do love pizza..
  • Options
    Lunches for me. I work FT and used to make my lunches almost everyday. After prepping DDs bottles, breakfast, lunch, and doing dishes, I'm too beat down to make my own lunch so I eat out almost daily. Also a lot of take out over here like others. I loved cooking and did so regularly. Now I'm just too busy and tired.
  • Options
    I meant we spend $100 a month on formula... geez I cant do math today lol
  • Options
    Like a previous poster said, the OTC meds! Also, DD had a bad diaper rash for a while so we were trying all sorts of different things like new diapers, new wipes, new creams, new bath soaps! That shit adds up fast! And for whatever reason I didn't even think of the co pays for the extra office visits we would go to when she gets sick (she also ended up in the ER and had a weekend stay at the hospital -- never thought about those expenses because I mean who wants to think their baby will get that sick)!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The cost of preschool WTH $15-25,000/year to send DD1 to preschool 3hours a day... We have to move now because of this non sense.

And like kitchencolors said baby classes . Spending about $2500/year on music, soccer and art for DD1. Soon I'm going to have to enroll DD2 as well. Kids are expensive.
  • Options
    And pacifiers... We are constantly losing and buying more pacifiers!
  • Options
    Baby food!! This kid can eat. It doesn't seem expensive at $1 but when you buy 30-40 it adds up!!
  • Options
    Our hydro and water bills increased more than I was expecting. DH and I like the house on the cooler side normally but now with DS we have it up higher and all day since I'm home for a bit. And snacks. I want to eat all the chocolate!
  • Options
    @becole42‌ Will do. Thanks!
  • Options
    Cost of private school. The good private school near us is about 23-24k per kid. X2. Even the mediocre one is about 14k. Makes me consider moving to someplace where I can put my kids in public school
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    IBackBevo said:

Cost of private school. The good private school near us is about 23-24k per kid. X2. Even the mediocre one is about 14k. Makes me consider moving to someplace where I can put my kids in public school

We did this, I totally miss my hipster city row home in walking distance of fun bars and restaurants but the schools are terrible. Now we live in a very boring cookie cutter suburb, but several good public and even charter schools available.
  • Options
    Bags for pumped milk! They add up!

I wish we could afford music classes but she'll have to settle for my singing!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Regs, lurkers and newbies we are leaving TheBump. Come join us at the new place
    https://****/board/50/14

• Options
    britab said:

Bags for pumped milk! They add up!

I wish we could afford music classes but she'll have to settle for my singing!

Have you looked into trays to freeze into cubes? I got some for like $10 on Amazon that I like a lot. Not to mention then I just have to pull out however many cubes he needs. The cubes are 1oz so it's fairly simple. If I were making baby food I could use it for that too.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Regs, lurkers and newbies we are leaving TheBump. Come join us at the new place
    https://****/board/50/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"