2nd Trimester

when should i register at the hospital? 23 weeks right now

I feel like I have so much to do and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go into labor a little early so when is a good time to pre register at the hospital?

Re: when should i register at the hospital? 23 weeks right now

• There is no telling when you will go into labor. My doctors were convinced I would go into labor at 39 weeks like I did with my daughter. Yeah DS chilled out until almost 42 weeks.

You can call your provider & hospital. They can answer your question better than we can. If you are asking when I registered?

With my daughter: 35 weeks
    With my son: 38 weeks

You really do have plenty of time. Deep breaths!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and still haven't registered. You're getting a little ahead of yourself here
  • My doctor recommended 28 weeks, but I guess its never too soon? Better to get the easier things done.
  • 28 weeks sounds right to me. I had to visit l&d for preterm labor at 33 weeks, but I'd slacked off and not done my pre-reg paperwork yet. I regret not having done it and mailed it sooner, cuz it was not ideal doing it at 3am in the hospital. On the off chance you need to visit l&d late in your pregnancy, I'd submit it 28-30 weeks.
  • With DS my OB's office gave me the papers at one appt and said I could bring them back at the next appt and they would get them to the hospital. I think it was around the beginning of 3rd tri.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• I pre registered online, I cant remember exactly when but I think around 25 weeks. It took 5 minutes and was fairly simple. I just figured it was something to cross of my list so why not. Some women choose to register when they go into labor.
  • edited January 2015
    I pre-registered at 24 weeks this week. I'm glad I did because the earliest Saturday Lamaze classes are in February. So if I waited until the last minute we might not be able to get into the classes.

Edit to include:

I registered online it took about 5 minutes.

&

My insurance covers breast pumps but won't send it until you have pre-registered.
  • My OB gives me the packet to fill out at my first appointment. For the first 2 I had to send it in by 5 months. For this baby they've changed it to wanting the registration by 3 months, because apparently the hospital is growing and they want to have an idea of what to expect.

I am surprised your doctor offices aren't advising you. I'd just ask next time you go in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Your hospital will give you this guidelines, because they ask questions that the answers would change between now and say a month from now. My hospital suggests 35 weeks to submit the paperwork. Good Luck!
  • My OB likes for his patient's to register at 20 weeks. I completely forgot and registered at 22 weeks. But I wouldn't wait much longer. Our hospital offers online registration as an option so I did that rather than going all the way into town. It'll be a pain if you wait until you go into labor and you have a ton of paperwork to do!
  • My hospital has early registration so I'm planning on sending my stuff in soon.   They said they want it as early as possible in the 2nd trimester.

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm 16w and my doctor just had us register. I think every hospital is different.
  • I would call the hospital where you want to deliver. Our hospitals in this area all have a set "window" of weeks where you are supposed to register (I can't remember but I think between 30 - 32 weeks or something...after you start seeing your delivering doc).

I'm 18 weeks and still haven't decided what hospital or doctor I want to use for the delivery so I need to get on that I suppose.
  • ...registering?  I take it this is a thing?  This is the first time that this first time mommy is hearing about it!!  My doctor had me sign some papers for delivery at my first prenatal appointment... I could sign them just not date them so that they would be valid to date later... but that's all I've heard about anything like this!  I suppose this is something I should look into... this is why people asking/answering questions is helpful!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The hospital I am delivering at requires that I preregister by 28 weeks so check in is smooth on the big day. Check with your OB and find out what her requirements are  :)
  • I'm 23weeks and registered last week.my hospital does online registration
  • With my first I didn't register until the beginning of the eighth month when I went in for steroid shots and with this one I registered at 25 weeks because I happened to be in the hospital and figured why not haha I'm high risk for quick labor/delivery after the way my first pregnancy went so I figured it was better to be safe than sorry. But honestly, unless your hospital or OB states otherwise, you can just do it whenever you do go into labor. Going into labor early doesn't necessarily mean it won't take long so you'll likely have time no matter when you finally do reach that point. 
  • Pretty sure I registered online right after my first appt at 8 weeks. I did the same thing last time for fear that I'd forget. It's never too early.
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I didn't realize this was a thing. I guess I'll wait until they tell me because when I brought up the birth plan to my doctor- at one of our monthly 8 minute meetings I have to take the whole day off for- I got the "it's way too soon for this, crazy lady" eye brow raise. I'll ask at the 24 week one. Probably find out I was supposed to call 2 weeks earlier... sigh.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My hospital lost my preregistration (and my friends), so I highly suggest having a copy in your hospital bag.

My Dr suggests registering at 35 weeks.
  • Check with the hospital that you are planning on delivering at. At my hospital, they recommend registering at 28 weeks (that's the earliest they will allow). Also, if you register early, they have the insurance info for classes so you don't have to fill out forms. Last time, I waited until after 28 weeks, but this time I'll be sure to register as soon as I can since I'm high risk this time around!
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"