March 2015 Moms

Thursday Randoms!

Been up for 3 hours already, so let's get random!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Thursday Randoms!

• DS woke up screaming at 4am, when I went to check on him he was shaking.
    I think he was scared. :( Brought him in our room to calm him down, and he went right back to sleep in his crib.
    I really hope he isn't getting sick, my FIL came down with a stomach bug last night, and we had just seen him the night before. FX we all avoid the sickness.

But of course I was wide awake, and hungry. So it looks like its gonna be a long day for this mama. Hope everyone else is sleeping :)

• Loading the player...
  • genmccarleygenmccarley member
    edited January 2015
    My DS woke up at 4am too except he got out of bed and got into the fridge, got out the chocolate milk and came in to drag me out of bed to get him some. After he had some milk he came back to bed with me but as soon as DH got up at 5 the kid jolted out of bed like he was going to miss something... I'm hoping for a nap soon.

@JenLa21‌ Seriously fx that you avoid the stomach bug! Stomach bugs are the worst!
    Eta tag
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• sweaver93sweaver93 member
    edited January 2015
    @JenLa21‌ uh oh:( it's always awful when the littles are upset and you don't know what exactly is wrong, fx he isn't getting sick and it doesn't happen again.

@genmccarley‌ don't you love those moments? My dd loves waking me up for chocolate milk, or as she calls it, coco milk. Hopefully you get your nap soon!
  • @sweaver93‌ one upside to being Team Green is that I can't buy much for this LO. If I knew what this baby was, I wouldn't be able to help myself. And if its a girl, and I knew it, I'd be in big trouble! Hope your girls enjoy their surprise!

• @frecklesinside - That is literally one of my greatest fears considering my flagrant use of obscenities in my day to day speech. 

@jenla21 - FX that you and DS dodge the stomach bug. 

So despite the flu shot, it seems that DH got the flu from one of his patients and brought it home to me. I'm hoping that my symptoms stay relatively mild or I may kill him. Apparently that's the least of my problems though, since talking to my grandmother she's convinced that a demon may be following me around and I should start sleeping with rosary beads... Because demons love unborn babies... Obviously 
    8-|
    Anyway. Has anyone had sciatic pain in the front of their pelvis/groin area? I keep getting this stabbing pain with standing/walking and the OB said the LO is good and healthy so it must be either muscle/nerve related. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @katydid2014 very jealous of your day
    off hope you have a relaxing day!

@sathena everything is happening at mine as well, crib getting put together and everything!! I'm starting to panic! @-)
  • @FrecklesInside‌ , that phase is so hard. DD still repeats but after a couple tries of varying words (fuck and shit that I remember) she kind of dropped it. I do try really hard to keep it in around her.

AFM... Add me to club crappy sleep. My carpal tunnel is raging at night. I'm wearing braces, but they don't seem to be helping. It wakes me up about every hour and is just getting downright painful. I'm going to call my MW today to see if there's anything I can do. @Skrittens‌ , have you found any relief???
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • So. My dog was outside, going potty. I was watching from the door because our deck is really icy and I was trying not to go outside. Well, neighbor guy was walking his dog and that dog saw Pig (my dog) and started barking and pulling up the driveway. Well, Pig is very protective and took off down the driveway, confronting the other dog who WAS ON OUR PROPERTY. There was no biting or fighting. So the guy whips out his pepper spray and proceeds to hose down my dog. So poor Pig is swollen and miserable, not even talking about me and the fact that shit got all over me in the process of getting her inside and washed off.

I AM SO ANGRY. My dog was on my property! I know she is big and scary looking, but nothing was happening! If his dog had no pepper spray on him, then the confrontation was not so bad that he couldn't have held on for the 13 seconds it took me to get down the driveway. Not to mention that shit HURT. It got on my hands and then the fumes got all on my face. So unhappy.

Sorry for the long rant. But today has already fucking sucked.
  • @graciest719‌ I would call the police! There is no way that's legal! Omg I'm so mad for you that's awful!

@FrecklesInside‌ GL with you bp today!

@Skrittens‌ GL at your appointment today!

AFM,
    I'm hanging out on the couch with little kitty waiting for my mom to pick me up. We are going to the fabric store to pick out fabric for my mom to make curtains And a quilt for the baby's room (her gift to baby) I'm excited for that!
    My car broke down yesterday so I'm still kinda annoyed about that because I really needed to go grocery shopping today but that's not gonna happen! I'm just thankful SO is a mechanic so I don't have to pay out the nose for repairs.
  • @katydid2014 - I second the wedding analogy!! My H is the same exact way - and says the same exact thing to me! Although I was a little more prepared 7 weeks out from my wedding - and there was no risk of it happening early...
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• @FrecklesInside‌ GL with your BP check! Hopefully you can sit for a few min calmly before they check it. That makes it more accurate!!

So WTF guys - between the A15 intros, chaysefaith's loss of magic powers, and all the drama (is BM still banned??!), I'm feeling lost on TB. And then I heard about baby Max & caught up on FB :( -- I'm just sad & confused all around today. I'm worried about our micropreemies, too. We've only had updates on one... :(

Great day to go work at an abortion clinic :( only 5 more days working there after today though. It's tough being pregnant there. /whine
  • Yep...tired here too!  All of the "I didn't sleep well" post...I hear ya! Things are getting uncomfortable and peeing all the time is not cool.  My anxiety is bothering me again too and I've needed my damn anxiety medication the last two nights! Makes me feel like a POS every single time I take it.  I can do this right, 10 more weeks?! 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• @FrecklesInside‌ DS repeated "fuck" once, and "shit" a couple times in the same moment after my H dropped all the bombs, and we just ignored it. Actually we laughed, but we hid it from him. He never said it again, but now that he's been 2 since November he is repeating every single thing that we say. I'm not too bad, but my H is the worst. He's trying, and getting better. But luckily DS hasn't repeated it again. I think us ignoring it was a big help.

• I'm team no sleep too. I was up until around 2am and then up again at 4 and 6. Trying to get a nap in, but this heartburn is killing me!! We have our infant care class at the hospital tonight. There's a lot of drama on the highway we need to get into Boston with all the protestors shutting down the road, I'm hoping it's all cleared up by then.

@graciest719‌ so sorry about your dog! I would lose my shit if that happened to my pet.
  • @FrecklesInside and @Skrittens, good luck with your appointments today!

@katydid2014, are you feeling less sore today or about the same? I am mildly improved but still feel pretty sore.

So here's my theory....as someone who works as brand manager, I am guessing that The Bump feels like these boards are representations of their brand...so they're tightening who can say what and who has control of who participates. Has anyone else noticed that in The Bump stories online, they're quoting a lot of board members with flowery quotes lately? If I had to guess, I would guess they've been monitoring us a little more closely and trying to shape this into what they want it to be for their brand image. Unfortunately, when you do that, participation nose dives and the natural engagement and dialogue that creates a thriving community declines.

Just my guess as to what might be going on. And I don't support it if that's the case. If they read closer and saw how our board has truly been supporting and getting to know each other the last 7 months, I'd hope they would of made a different call. I would of anyway.

But hey, maybe you think random posts about green stuff coming out of you represent your brand better.

Regardless, I'll stick with my M15ers.

No other randomness here, except my maternity outfits are getting more and more creative. Leggings with a slip dress (that now looks like a long shirt) with a professional jacket, scarf and ballet flats today. I think wearing wedges yesterday contributed to the terrible soreness in the groin yesterday.

• @FrecklesInside GL at your appointment!

@Skrittens Fx that you get to go back home and don't get admitted to the hospital!

Mel having her baby really makes me anxious now! Holy cow! It's so close and yet so far away and one minute I feel like I'm ready, the next I'm panicking!

Last night I had a dream that the baby was still in my belly and I could see every outline of everything just like he was on the outside, but he was still covered by my skin. So bizarre. Also I dreamed that I chopped all my hair off!

Things like what have been happening this week are why I don't post personal details about myself or my family, like our names, or pictures of us (with faces). If it really is a hacker, whose to say they wouldn't hack our accounts and steal our info too?

Add me to the sad about not being on FB boat. I quit using it almost 2 years ago and haven't looked back.
  • Count me in for teams exhausted, pelvic pain that makes me walk like an old lady when I first get up, anti-A15, and also wtf about pepper spraying a dog on it's own property.

I'm convinced I'll be giving birth to a future UFC fighter; this little lady is kicking my ass... er... uterus. I used to describe it as simply uncomfortable; now it's downright painful. One area is so painful that by the end of the day I place my hand, thumb-side into belly, at the base of my ribs and push gently in and down to get her off of the sore spot. I'll sit and watch TV or read like that without even realizing I'm doing it; but it's the only thing that makes the pain stop. 8 more weeks... 8 more weeks... 
  • I know others have said this before, but I really hate working right now. I just want to lay in bed and sleep!! I don't think it helps that I've been sick for close to 3 weeks now. I've gone to the doctor and talked to my OB when I was there and all I can do is treat the symptoms.

Also, count me in for the pelvic pain that is driving me nuts. I am up and down a lot at my job, so by the end of the day I feel like it is super irritated.

Last, I cannot believe someone would pepper spray a dog on their own property! People are sick. I probalby would not have been able to keep my cool.

BabyFetus Ticker

• edited January 2015
    @graciest719 I would be pissed too! My dog also uses the front lawn while not on a leash. He will definitely bark at whatever comes onto his property, but he wouldn't tear off after another dog. When we leave the yard, he is leashed, but we have neighbors who walk their dogs off leash and I'm terrified one will come onto our lawn and antagonize my dog. Thankfully, he listens well and I call him back to me/inside whenever I see someone with a dog off leash on our street. I would expect so much better from an owner whose dog is on leash, though... ETA: There is an issue if he can't control his dog to keep him away from your driveway.

@AleWife Is your yard fenced? Can you lock the access?

@FrecklesInside Goodluck with your BP!

@skrittens I'm thinking good thoughts for your appointment.

Ditto on the A15 drop-ins. AFM, I think I've hit that uncomfortable all the time stage. Cleaning the house last night was brutal and all I did was declutter and put things away. I had to stop to rest three times to get rid of BH.

This morning, I thought I lost everything I did yesterday on a major project and nearly cried. Thank god I discovered the autosave folder for the video editing software I'm using. I had to redo a bit of it, but not an entire day's worth.

Now I'm off to find lunch, but I really want a nap.
  • @FrecklesInside‌ good luck at your bp appt! @graciest719‌ I'm so sorry about you dog!! That is terrible i can't believe that guy did that! @Skrittens‌ good luck at your appointment today! Hoping everything looks good and you can go back home @cwbandthenewbie‌ very well said! I feel the same way about A 15 coming here. I would never abandon you guys!! @katydid2014 I've heard great things about the maternity belt things. One of my clients who is a doctor recommended the cheaper ones off amazon, $15ish to help with a lot of that pain. I have been considering ordering one since I am hoping to be working on my feet until I go into labor. Some days I feel like 40 (or so!) weeks is forever and others I feel so unprepared! I'm working my hardest to get our nursery set up and get clothes washed and ready. My shower isn't for another couple weeks and I'm really trying to hold off buying everything else! For those who are getting or who have gotten a breast pump, is it worth it to pay the $95 and get the Medela pump in style advanced with the tote or backpack? The medela pump in style advanced starter set is free, I'm just wondering if the $95 and bag is worth it? I couldn't really find any other differences between the two.

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe it's just me but I still have such a hyper sensitive sense of smell that it's uncomfortable to be in public places - the airport and the hospital this past week have been miserable. Old people really need to cool it on the cologne/aftershave and perfume. Ugh.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @graciest719 I love the name Pig. My dog is Iggy and I always call him piggy, he's a french bulldog so he snorts like a pig.

BabyFetus Ticker

• @skrittens Not sure if it makes you feel any better but my cousin just had a baby at 34 weeks and he did a week on oxygen (more precautionary) in the NICU and went home. He was big for 34 weeks at 6lb 8oz! Hopefully you can make it to 37 though!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• beccaj25beccaj25 member
    edited January 2015
    @Skrittens‌ -glad you got some good news re: blood pressure! 34 weeks is soon but I hope LO stays in there a little while longer yet for you :)

@katydid2014‌ - definitely having the same pubic pain. It's came right out of the blue yesterday morning and then was killing me at work yesterday and last night, but I think sleeping with a larger, firmer pillow between my knees as helped a little.

AFM, I think I actually felt a little arm or leg push out against my belly the other night, as opposed to just a generic bump of some sort - it was exciting :). Work is seriously exhausting since I caught a little cold last week, but I only have 3 more nights on call before a week of vacation that includes the baby shower! Just gotta power through...

ETA: tag fail

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Im still tring to to catch up on the past 2 days and today. Its hard with only mobile.... :-w but im getting there. Lol
    But anyways after being pregnant 3 years in a roll with only a 6 month break.in between each, my body is so exhausted. And these Braxton H. are not helping at all. Sorry if it sounds like im complaining but this pregnancy has been taking a big toll on me. Expecally with 3 kids. @-)
  • @alewife Hmm, that's tough. You may just need to talk to them and drop a subtle "We can't be responsible for what our dog might do when you are on in yard." That's some pretty crappy behavior from the neighbors.
  • Thanks for all the good vibes, girls. I'm just checking in because all morning I've been glued to updates from Mel! So exciting that Liam is here and Mel has been able to hold him already <3

My BP was fine today and so was my urine test BUT the blood test from Tuesday showed slightly elevated proteins so they're making me do a 24 hour catch anyhow.... Alrighty then. I get that they're playing it safe, but I think it is unnecessary. What also bothered me is we had this whole talk about inductions if I have continued high BPs like the one I had Tuesday. ONE people. The ONE high reading I had so far. ONE!!!! I just felt that the talk, while covering their rears and allowing them to be completely open and honest with me about how things *could* go, was too much. I mean, I can understand mentioning it in passing, but we spent like half an hour discussing this. The midwife still impressed upon me the phenomenal VBAC rates their practice has and how important it is to them (remember, I just switched because of how awesome this practice is with VBAC statistics). BUT she still talked to me for a year and a day about the possibility of induction if I have high BP. OK, well let's wait and see if I have high BP...you know, like more than ONE elevated number...

Sorry for the rant, it was kind of an upsetting morning. I felt that a lot of the pushiness of it all stemmed from me being overweight. I'm very much capable of picking up on that sort of judgment giving how long I've dealt with it. She also measured fundal height which is NEVER accurate for me, again being overweight, and brought up the fact that my last practice was doing growth scans. Yep, and he always measured average or below and my last baby, whom I also had growth scans for because like now, fundal height was always off because of my weight, was born at 6 lbs 6 oz. Soooooo...I have a u/s next week to confirm head down positioning and they'll measure growth then anyhow, but if it is brought up again, I'm refusing to do another scan. I said to her "Perception of a large baby is more dangerous than an actual large baby. I do not want the perception of a large baby" and she said she had no reason to believe my baby was large but they have to be able to prove that... ????? To whom??? Why??? If you don't believe my baby is large and know fundal measurements are off for overweight individuals, why are we talking about growth scans?? Why are we putting this shit in my chart giving people the PERCEPTION that I have a large baby?

Sorry for the second rant.

@skrittens I'm glad your BP and protein levels were good today, sorry to hear they are pushing early induction. I'd really want to have a long conversation with them about how many more high readings and how high the readings ought to be before they'd consider induction, and why by 37 weeks, if you might continue to have normal readings. It seems to me like that is something that should be played by ear, not determined right here right now. Hugs.
  • Sorry, that was so TLDR and I don't even feel like coming up with a condensed version. 
  • rowboat4rowboat4 member
    edited January 2015
    @skrittens fx that you can make it to 37 weeks.
    @frecklesinside gl with your BP today!

There were more people I wanted to respond to, but I'm feeling lazy today and can't remember who it was, so for now that's it.

AFM, my cat just tried to jump up on the window sill, misjudged it, and totally ate shit. I died. 
    =))

ETA: Also, I'm finding it hard to keep up with reading/posting everything everywhere, so while my posts may be lacking atm, I'm totally caught up on everything that's been going down around here, and it all sucks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @graciest719‌ I would be pissed if someone would have pepper sprayed my dog. I probably would have chased him down the road and took the spray and sprayed him. Jerk.

I am not enjoying the bump as much now. Worrying about what I type. I don't like that they are banning people for no reason. I don't feel safe to be me here. And that sucks.

I can't believe that Mel had her baby. I can't believe how close it is. We will all have babies before we know it.
    My last day of work is next Friday. I have to take my vacation time before I leave. I have 34 days... Eek. But I can't use it all I will still have 9 left.
    Also my coworker spilled the beans that we are having a little potluck lunch my last day. She said " so what are you bringing to your potluck" lol.
    Only a week of work left I can't believe it.
  • @frecklesinside I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of that. I can't even imagine how frustrating that must be. I also think it seems slightly ridiculous for them to react that way after one high number, especially when you are as far along as you are. Hugs.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"