September 2015 Moms

No Heartbeat on Ultrasound

Hey guys,

I had my first appointment at 6 weeks, 5 days. The doctor was only able to see the yolk sac, but no heartbeat. She said it is normal because it is still really early and she will see me again in a week (7 weeks, 5 days) and we will try again. I am absolutely panicking because I had a MMC in October and the only way we found out was because they couldn't find a heartbeat. They didn't find one at 6/5 then, but I didn't think anything was wrong (and neither did they) so I waited until my next appointment at 11 weeks, 5 days. When they couldn't hear or see one then we realized we had a MMC. I'm just so scared the exact same thing is going to happen again. Does anyone have success stories about not seeing the heartbeat until 7 weeks or later? I need some positive vibes and hope. I had a dream last night that we had another MMC and the doctor told me I would never be able to have children. I've been a wreck all morning :(

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: No Heartbeat on Ultrasound

• Oh I'm so sorry you're going through this. We didn't see a HB with my DD until 8 weeks. It was so stressful to have an u/s and not get the reassurance needed. T & P's for you.
    DH: 28 Me: 30~TTC #2 since June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1: 8/22/2014~EDD: 5/5/2015~CP: 8/29/2014
    BFP #2: 12/27/2014~EDD: 9/9/2015

September 2015 Siggy challenge: Happy dance
  • I don't have any experience to offer but I know I've seen people say they didn't see a HB until 7 weeks.  I hope everything turns out okay.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been on both ends. That's why I won't allow my Dr to do my u/s until I'm 7 wks. Hang in there.
  • Thank you so much everyone. My anxiety is a little better. I will definitely fill you in on what happens on Tuesday! FX!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • With BOTH my first ultrasounds with my previous pregnancies, they didn't find much. DD1 they told me I just wasn't far enough along as I thought and with DD2 he prepared me for the worst. I had a feeling I ovulated later than usual so that is what helped me stay positive. I honestly think 7/8 weeks is when you see the heartbeat. Crossing fingers for you!! I know how hard it can be, I had a couple miscarriages as well. They completely mess with your brain.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DD1: born 8/3/2010               DD2: born 12/25/2013
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm glad they can get you in next week and hope for good news. ((Hugs))
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• I am in the same position. I went Monday at 6 weeks and did not see a heart beat but saw the sac and fetal pole. Going back again on this coming Monday. I keep telling myself it's fairly common to keep some sanity. I will definitely be thinking of you!!
  • I don't have any advice.  This is my first pregnancy.  I am hoping for the best for you! ((hugs))
    TTC April 2013
    M/C 1/15 @ 6 weeks
    RE 8/16
    Monitored Clomid 11/15
    M/C 12/16 @ 6 weeks
    Clomid & Ovidrel Shot
    M/C 2/16 @ 8 weeks
    *Currently on Clomid (monitored) and waiting on tissue results.
  • I'm really sorry you're going through this. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid by pushing my apointment to 7w1d.

I really hope the next u/s will be good.
  • I am sorry you are in limbo right now.  FX everything turns out okay at your next appointment.
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • I hope you get good news at your next appointment. Hopefully you just ovulated late. A few days can make a huge difference at this point because baby is developing so fast.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • so sorry you are in limbo...fx that you just ovulated late and that baby's heart is beating away next week!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• FX for a heartbeat .. T&PS , and hugs 1

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  It must be so nerve wracking.  T & P
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ((hugs)) I'm sorry you are going through this. This is my first pregnancy so I don't have experience. My OB did insist that my first appointment be 8-9 weeks otherwise I wouldn't be able to see anything on an ultrasound. I hope that it was just too early for you to hear the heartbeat. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married 10/10/2010
    TTC Since August 2014
    BFP 1/1/2015 ~ EDD 9/8/2015 

• No experience here but my thoughts and prayers are with you that you will see a heartbeat at your next scan. ((hugs))

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No experience, but I am so sorry you're going through this.  FX for good news next week, & that this week goes quickly for you.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image
                          Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                              

• I am so sorry you are going through this.  The waiting and worrying is so horrible.  My experience with this didn't end well but have heard plenty of stories that did.  FX you get good news at your next scan.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BFP: 2/3/14 ~ EDD: 10/9/14 ~ MC: 2/23/14 ~ 7w 3d
    BFP: 5/3/14 ~ EDD: 1/9/15 ~ CP: 5/9/14 ~ 5w
    BFP: 7/6/14 ~ EDD: 3/15/15 ~ No heartbeat: 10/14/14 ~ D&E 10/16/14 ~ 18w 4d ~ Retained POC ~ D&C 11/14/14
    BFP: 1/7/15 ~ EDD: 9/15/15

• I hope everything is well. It is early.

imageimage

• I went for my 6wks ultrasound and RE couldn't find a heartbeat. He said it was still early. I went back a week later and heard our little peanut's heatbeat.
  • Sending good thoughts your way. Sorry you're going through this stress right now, and I hope all goes well.
    "I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

My Chart
  • Well I went last week at 5 weeks 6 days due to spotting and the ultrasound tech was chatting away with me while I was laying on the bed the probe thing was inside- having me change positions so she could get a "better view" etc and before she could explain to me anything. She pulled out the sonogram probe and was like "well I couldn't see the baby. But I think you maybe be earlier than you thought" that when she told me I measured at 5.6 instead of what I thought at 6.4...
    From what I saw was... a black sac, with a little white blob sitting at the left side of the sac. Which I thought was the baby! Was it the yolk sac then? I was mad she took it out and took her gloves off before explaining to me what was what. So to your question, apparently it's possible. I didn't even see a baby at what was basically 6 weeks! And she was acting like no big deal.
    I go back tomorrow at 7 weeks for another ultrasound. Ugh so nervous. Keep me posted on your story and I'll let you know tomorrow about my outcome.
    Positive vibes and positive thoughts!!
  • So so sorry you are going through this. Fx for that little flutter next week!

BFP#1: 6.21.11 - DD born 3.6.12
    BFP#2: 10.27.13 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP#3: 5.27.14 - EDD 2.6.15 - MMC diagnosed at 8w3d - D&C 7.7.14
    BFP#4: 1.9.15 - EDD 9.21.15 -  Praying for a sticky bean!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm so sorry :( No personal experience personally, but my SIL had the same thing happen at 6 weeks and she carried full term. Sending good vibes your way!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I just went to my first OB appt two days ago thinking my LMP was 9 weeks ago. The DR could only see a gestational sac and according to my fiancé, she also saw my yolk sac. She said it looked like a much earlier pregnancy (6 weeks or earlier) or could be a sac which stopped developing. This is my first time being pregnant so I was freaking out. She sent me to get bloodwork done that day and also today to ensure the hormones are increasing and also for an ultrasound today. Although the technician couldn't hear a heartbeat, she showed me the heartbeat flutter. Said the pregnancy is in early stages, 6 weeks, 4 days and gave me pics. When I got home, I showed my fiancé and he said they look totally different than the ones from the DR appt. I pointed out the little peanut to him and showed him the heart and explained how we saw it beating. He said he definitely didn't see any of this at the DR visit 2 days ago. I agreed with him since I only remember seeing a peanut and nothing more. Try not to stress. Everyone's different and I figured for earlier pregnancies, what a few days difference make! Turns out my LMP was off and after getting the date from the technician, I counted back the weeks and noticed she is right. Hope this helps!
  • Good luck, FX for you!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

• I'm so glad I'm a member of this website! You guys have made my morning! I know for sure my LMP started on Thanksgiving Day because I was at my cousin's house out of state lol. Buuuut....it was the first MP since the D&C I had in late October. So technically, my ovulation dates could be off. We TTC over the course of a week (from Saturday on and off until the following Sunday) so maybe I'm a little less preg than I thought....or maybe I'm just an insane worrier because I know how devastating a MMC can be! We haven't told anyone this time around yet. My boss figured it out due to my out of town appointments and apparent weight gain. Yep, she threw that out there. :-|  Okay, I'm just rambling now, but for real...I don't know any of you, but you have made me feel so much better :-D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got my ultrasound today. Measured a little gummy bear looking thing with a flickering heart beat at 120bpm!
    (From last week not even seeing a fetal pole)
    Pleasantly surprised :)

...Now if only I could get to my second trimester so I don't have to feel like actually poo. Lol

Congrats!!
  • adtaylor2015adtaylor2015 member
    edited January 2015
    Amazing!! What a relief.
  • Yayyyyy! I just breathed a sigh of relief for you! Congratulations!
  • Ahhhhhh that's wonderful @brewer919 !!!!! I am living vicariously through you bc i went in at 6 weeks last Wednesday and saw gestational sac &yolk but no fetal pole/no heart beat.. Doc wants me back this Friday so I'm hoping and praying I get similar results that you did!!! I've been verrreyyhyyyy barfy so hopefully that's a good sign?
    Congrats again!!!!!
  • brewer919brewer919 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm sure you will get good results @lafoster511! My dr. said I have a deep uterus...whatever that means lol and that it is hard to see well, but for me it was 6w5d and for you it is only 6w so I definitely say to think positively! Good luck to you and please keep me/us posted!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay! So good to hear!
  • emadlmaemadlma member
    edited January 2015
    This happened to me yesterday. I was 7w5d based on LMP but was measuring 6w4d. (We dtd on cd22 so if I conceived then, it would make sense that I would be 8 days behind). I am getting blood work done Friday and follow up u/s on Monday with the head of the practice.  Sorry you are in limbo as well. FX for a hb next week.
    Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Anniversary

• Sorry didn't note the date or the second page of comments. Mommy brain?
    Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"