January 2014 Moms
Options

Car seat

DD used to love going in the car. Or at least she didn't mind it. We did 8 hr road trips and she was a rock star not saying a peep. Now to go ten mins to the store is torture. She cries as soon as we strap her in. It makes it tiring getting errands done with her. Just wondering if others have experienced this and what you do. 
(I've tried giving her toys, sippy cup, Mum Mums...she tosses it all aside).

Re: Car seat

• Options
    Ds goes in phases with this. Cries for a few weeks then is ok. I think just keep doing what you are. It's happened two or three cycles of hating the car seat then being ok. I just try to reassure and distract.
  • Options
    I sing to her and that helps sometimes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rgoblue said:
    Are you in a convertible car seat or bucket seat? We are still in bucket and she HATES it. We are going this weekend to look for the convertible seat we want. Also, I think they are just wanting to be on the move more and strapping them into the car seat is just limiting their ability to be free.
    She's in a convertible and has been for a few months. She didn't mind it when we first switched her, now not so much. I really hope it's just a phase.
  • Options
    DD goes through phases sometimes where she cries as soon as we open the door, but for the most part she is always ok for 30 minutes before she loses it. Hopefully it gets better for you very soon!

I'm tempted to buy a portable DVD player since we have so many long drives (1+ hour). I usually try to time any long drives for nap times but when I can't, she's a nightmare and cries and whines the whole time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"