July 2015 Moms
Options

second child. 1st was c-section

My son, who is 10 months old today was a c-section delivery because he was a big boy, and I'm very short! I also am now expecting #2, and have concerns about another c-section because I had complications with the first one. Does anyone have experience with a vbac, or any advice?

Answers

• Options
    I haven't had a c-section so i can't help you! But I hope someone else here can offer advice...

Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
    Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015
    Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

• Options
    I'm going for a vbac this time and it sounds like you could be a candidate too, if you wanted to try(obviously talk to your doctor to be sure). I found a dr in my area known for vbacs and am going to a hospital also known for them. If it's something you'd be interested I would research good doctors and possibly look into hiring a doula.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Look for the ICAN (Inational cesarean awareness network) group for your area. The one in my area actually knew doctors that are pro-vbac and so far I absolutely love the Dr I chose based on their recommendation.
  • Options
    Yes!!! ICAN is a great resource totally forgot about them, that's how I found my doctor. Good luck op
  • Options
    I will be trying for a VBAC, assuming I go into labor on my own. The only thing I would be concerns about in your situation is the time between the two. Most doctors want at least 18 months between pregnancies to try for a VBAC, which just gives your incisions on your uterus ample time to heal.

You may still be able to, I obviously don't have first hand experience, that's just what I've been told by two OBs and my infertility doctor.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    I had a successful vbac. My first was a csection because his head was so large it would not fit through the birth canal. So I knew I wanted a vbac for my second. However, my second was so close to my first I was told initially I would not have a vbac. I had a c section scheduled for my second. She (my second) ended up having alternate plans and came earlier than expected. There was such a rush to get her out and she was coming so quickly I was told there was not time for a c section. I know it is a different circumstance than a normal vbac. Yet, because I had a successful vaginal birth and a c section we have a choice with number three. I am going to try for a natural delivery with this one. I thought my recovery was much easier with my natural delivery as opposed to my c section. (Realizing I had labored for 22 hours before my c section and my natural delivery was not a full term big baby.) Good luck!
  • Options
    Your baby is only 10 months right now, talk to your doctor get some different opinions, but don't be suprised if it's difficult to find a doctor that's willing to do vbac. It's great you want to try, but your uterus is not healed properly yet. They might want to limit yours not time as well if they are willing to let you try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"