March 2015 Moms

What is the most stupid thing....

jarrard1983jarrard1983 member
edited January 2015 in March 2015 Moms
What is the most stupid thing you have called your OB about? What was the answer?

I thought I was calling about something stupid when I started to post this but the Dr called while I was typing and told me he wants me in L&D. I'm not really sure what is going on.

Re: What is the most stupid thing....

• I hope everything is okay! 

I called my OB today because I was having pain in my kidney area. I had a kidney infection when I was 18 and it was horrible and it kind of felt similar to this when it started. She sent me to a LabCorps office to get a urine culture. Did that, they said they had to send the culture somewhere else to be tested, called my OB back, she had gone home for the day (it was about 1pm at this point) and her receptionist took a message. Then the receptionist called back and said she had talked to the doc and I should drink a lot of water and if things got worse to go to L&D. I lay down for a few hours and it felt better which led me to believe that the dull ache I was feeling in that area was muscular. Doc called me around 4:30pm and said the culture was negative for infection.

This late in the game I don't think you can be too careful. This is the first time I've gone to have something checked out because I was worried. I'd rather have them tell me its nothing than have it be something and take no action.
               for all M15 loss moms

• 2Swanns2Swanns member
    edited January 2015
    I had the harmony test done (for purposes other than revealing the sex of our baby), but we did find out it was a girl. My ultrasounds never really 100% confirmed that and the only time I heard it was over the phone from our midwife and it was an emotional call for me.  So as time went on and I started telling people, buying girl clothes and decorating the nursery, I had a panic attack that I may have misheard the midwife.

So I called to confirm the sex of the baby at about 31 weeks. lol

P.S. Hope all is well with you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope all is well! I had a similar experience when I called my Dr about pelvic pain and he sent me in to L&D. Turned out fine, but it was unnerving.
    Me:36 DH:35
    DD#1: 2/23/15

BFP #1 6/22/13 EDD 3/2/14 BO/D&C 7/25/13

BFP #2  6/27/14  EDD 03/10/15 DD 2/23/15

BFP #3 02/29/16 EDD 11/7/16

photo 59f008b1-1569-4807-a304-cb7247085858jpg

• I called because my blood pressure was over 160/100. I almost called when my arms went numb but dr Google said it was carpal tunnel so I was ok with that.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• I haven't called at all.

I have not called either
  • I've only called due to spotting at 13 weeks. I don't consider it a waste in the least, becaus my previous loss was at 14 weeks.
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • I haven't called for anything.
    With my first though I went in to l&d in false labour I was sure it was real.
  • OP, I hope everything is ok! :/

I didn't call, but I work in a medical facility and went to the OB to get my blood pressure checked because I saw what I thought were "floaters". My BP was fine and turns out o think my contacts were just messing up. I felt really dumb!!

• Everything is fine. I just have pretty severe pain in my left shoulder. Still no clue why. I'm home now though.
  • Rectal Charlie horses. But they were intense!!
  • Glad everything is fine and they sent you home, OP.

I haven't really called my OB for anything...
  • I have only called to reschedule and I called when I had my gall bladder symptoms to see where he wanted me to go (they told me ER).
  • I called because the back of my hands were burning and I thought I was having an allergic reaction. It turned out to be extremely dry skin and I never put on lotion. My midwife told me to put on lotion for extremely dry skin.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I actually called my OB's office to tell the receptionist that I was pregnant. 

Like I called regarding pelvic pain, hung up to wait for a call back, and then called again as a BTW I'm pregnant. The receptionist was like Yeah gurrl, I know. I felt pretty dumb. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't call my OB, since my mom is a midwife in the same office I just call my mom at weird hours or I ask her to ask my doctor questions when she sees her at work. 

But I've bothered my mom about all sorts of weird stuff. Most recently it was about the fact that my poop has been smelling weird, and could it be full of blood and should I be worried? I also had her ask the ultrasound tech for extra copies of some of my u/s photos. 
  • Haven't had anything serious enough to call for. Dr. Google answers most of my minor questions.
  • I hope everything is OK!

I called because I was having the worst cramps ever.  I am a STM and this was practically at contraction pain.  He told me to take a gasex which sounded ridiculous but worked.  So I called about gas LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad everything is fine OP, hope the pain subsides.

I've only called when I noticed bleeding and then when I noticed she wasn't kicking like she used to for two days (25 weeks). I ended up going to L&D for the kicks and coincidently, as soon as they hooked me up to the fetal monitoring machine, she started to act a fool and kick like there was no tomorrow.
    I know they say to only worry about kicks from 27 weeks on, but I was still worried. Apparently I was overreacting because the nurses were clearly annoyed and being sarcastic with me for coming in at 25 weeks because of kicks. They were a bunch of bleep anus circles!
    Pregnancy Ticker
          ---------- For SuzyQ---------

• RMama2012 said:

I hope everything is OK!

I called because I was having the worst cramps ever.  I am a STM and this was practically at contraction pain.  He told me to take a gasex which sounded ridiculous but worked.  So I called about gas LOL

I didn't end up calling my OB about them, but one time DH and I walked downtown to get breakfast, and I ended up having gas pains so bad that I kept doubling over and made DH walk home, get the car, and come back to pick me up. I've been on a pretty steady diet of gas-x since.
  • About a week after first getting my doppler i was probably like 14 weeks maybe the thing was reading her HR to be 70. I freaked out and called. They had me come in and bring my doppler and listened to her on their own doppler and she was at 140 which was perfect. They then used mine to listen and we figured out that i was actually listening to my placenta which had the same beat as my own HR lol i felt stupid
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • I hope everything is OK!

I didn't end up calling my OB about them, but one time DH and I walked downtown to get breakfast, and I ended up having gas pains so bad that I kept doubling over and made DH walk home, get the car, and come back to pick me up. I've been on a pretty steady diet of gas-x since.
    I didn't know it was gas at the time.  I left work early I was debating going to the hospital because i thought I might end up in preterm labor at 22 weeks or however along I was at the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"