LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday (1/13)

Re: Ten Things Tuesday (1/13)

• Options
    1. Oy. Yesterday was not fun. I woke up with a terrible sore throat, then Ash spiked a fever at day care and came home. We had back-to-back doctor appts in the afternoon, then I had to drive around to 3 different pharmacies to get his antibiotic. And, he had a rough night. None of us slept well.

2. I tested negative for strep and we both tested negative for the flu. Yay! So, we both have the crud??? The best the pediatrician could tell me is that she was prescribing an antibiotic because his ear has been draining for more than 7 days... But it's not infected. They cultured his ear drainage last week and nothing. Bodies are weird.

3. Being a 2-parent working family with no family around is tough. Most of the sick care falls to me because of the nature of our jobs I work from home as much as I can, but I feel guilty about missing work. Z arranged her schedule so I will have a couple 2-3 hour blocks to work.

4. Our very good friends, a lesbian couple, are moving forward with adoption process this month after a long struggle of TTC. So happy they are at a place to move forward with growing their family. They will make amazing mothers.

5. I'm co-hosting my best friend's baby shower on Sunday and feel ill-prepared. I think the decor and food are under control, but I need to plan an activity ASAP. I wanted to do something special and I'm struggling! She is one of my friends who threw my shower in which the hosts paid to have a quilt made out of t-shirts guests drew on. It is such an incredible gift and I want to be as thoughtful. I'm thinking about people drawing letters, numbers, shapes, then scanning the pages to make into a book.

6. Coffee isn't that great this morning. Humph.

7. So disappointed that I need to cancel my lunch with our realtor today because of my sicky boy.

8. @trisholio and @doodah1013 - nice win! Congrats. :)

9. My house is such a mess right now. I don't really make resolutions, but I am trying to be better about letting things go and recognizing there is only so much time in a day and the boy deserves that time more than a sink full of dishes or a dirty floor.

10. Anybody watch Sons of Anarchy? Very graphic and gritty, but we just finished Season 1 and I'm hooked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ATXmommas‌ - We love Sons of Anarchy. I watched it from the very beginning and then hooked C when we started dating. As far as it being graphic, it gets much worse as the series goes on in regards to the violence.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ATXmommas‌ - As far as it being graphic, it gets much worse as the series goes on in regards to the violence.

@-)

Oh my.  I'll see how long I can hang.  May have to use the fast forward button more.
  • Options

1. I have a 17P shot tomorrow and am in the countdown to my final shots in the butt!! I mean it has been fun dropping my pants once a week for 20w to get a shot in the butt but I am so ready to be done.  Only 3 more to go after tomorrow.

2.  My baby shower is this Sunday I am exciting and nervous because I hate being the center of attention.  I am also hoping there will be a TV around so we can have the Pats vs. Colts game on.

3.  Bringing cake into the house for R's birthday was a horrible idea.  I like to eat it but then it results in a restless nights sleep between the sugar and it sitting in my stomach forever.

4.  Can I just say how excited I am for all of those people that just graduated into the pregnancy check-in as well as all those people that just graduated or are about to graduate into the parenting check-in.

5.  Goodness 10 things is hard to come up with today.

6.  Going to go shower and get ready for work and maybe by the time I get home from work I will actually have a few more things.

7.  Happy Tuesday!!

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    1. Do I have time for ten things while my wife showers?  We'll see.  (She's really quick!)

2. Finally tried a little BLW-style foods with B yesterday.  He gummed some red pepper and a celery stick.  Seemed interested.

3. Our niece and nephew are adorable with B.  They are always trying to get him to smile by making funny faces and dancing.  Our niece says, "You're OK, Ben, you're OK," whenever he cries, and pats him gently on the back.

4. She told her Kindergarten class yesterday (at Catholic school) that her cousin Ben has two mommies.  Then she came home and told her mom, "Some of them didn't believe me, but it's true!"

5. So excited for @CageyMack and her wife!  Wishing them a great birth experience and a healthy, easy little girl.

6. Did I mention we're sending B to daycare at the end of the week and taking some time to ourselves?  Massages, a movie (in the theater!), lunch out, some kid-free house-cleaning, and maybe a nap!

7. Also having friends over for dinner on Friday night.  I know they want to see B but I'm also excited to have some adult friend time after B goes to bed.

8. Everything always sounds dirty when you put "adult" in front of that but that's not what I mean!

9. OK, I'm out of thoughts and it's my turn for the shower.  Have a great day!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options

1. I would like to start exercising, but I literally have zero time. As the parent who works outside of the home, I feel a lot of pressure to spend every minute I am not at work caring for my child. I want to give J a break, but also spend time with Will. Working out at home isn't really an option without significant rearranging of space (which I am not up for). I could go to the gym in the early, early morning before getting ready for work (while Will and J are still sleeping), but that would require waking up at 4am just to squeeze in 30 mins of exercise (considering my gym is a 15-20 min drive from my house). Honestly, between working full time and being a mom, I am already tired a lot, and I am not willing to get up at 4am to exercise. So that leaves the weekends, but that means I am only really exercising 1-2 times a week, and usually it is something pretty low impact (like walking - lame!). I don't know...

2. Honestly, the only reason I want to exercise is to try to help me shed these last 30 lbs faster so that I can enjoy being at my goal weight for a hot second before we start TTC #2. I really do NOT like exercise. I wish I found it to be a release like some people. But I don't. I suppose if I liked it more, maybe I would find time... Nah, I like plenty of things that I can't seem to find time for these days!

3. Speaking of, I have not really done anything for myself (other than a quick haircut in November) since my son was born 7.5 months ago. I have not had a pedicure, or gone out to lunch with a friend, or gone shopping sans baby, or gone anywhere sans baby.... I really, truly LOVE spending time as a family of 3, and most of the time I prefer that Will be with me/us anyway. The idea of going out on a date night or even going out solo for a couple hours feels wrong. But maybe this is a problem. I just read B&C's update, and she sounds like she and her wife have such a good balance of being parents and still being themselves in an adult (non-dirty adult!) way. We have no semblance of that in our lives, and it is completely of our own doing. I worry a little about jumping in head first to TTC#2 without ever having had a kid-free moment for myself or J and I as a couple. Hmmm....

4. I feel ready to try to move Will into his own room. J does not. This is going to be a problem.

5. So, J and I have (I think) made a pretty crazy decision over the weekend. We need to talk about it again to make sure that we are both 100% sure this is what we want. We discussed committing to stay in our house for at least another 18 months - 2 years until after baby #2 comes along and possibly until baby #2 is about a year old or so. The compromise to this would be that we would put time and money into cleaning up our backyard to make it usable play space for kids (and us). It is going to take a considerable amount of landscaping effort and probably a couple thousand dollars to get it how we want it (it is currently a mess!), but in the end it would help with resale, and it would give us a couple more years to save to hopefully be able to afford a house in the school district we would like to be in. We would also do some other things like plant flowers/bushes out front, repaint the front door, power wash the house, repaint the shutters, etc. try to actually love our home (or like it?!?!) for a little while longer. I think we can make it work, and I think it will be a better financial decision in the long run. We can't afford to live in the area we would like to live in once our kids are school aged right now. Moving anywhere right now would stretch us financially and we would still be compromising on what we get out of a new house. I think having baby #2 in our current house is doable if we do a few projects to better use storage space, and perhaps redecorate a little bit to spruce things up and make us happy with our space again. It's totally nuts. Our families are going to flip out (not in a good way). But I think that is what we are going to do... Have I mentioned my mortgage is CHEAP and my house is 4 miles from my office?!?! Seriously.

6. I'm kind of excited to try and overhaul our backyard. Also, as much as I would like to click my heels three times and be magically settled into our dream home, the idea of actually physically moving makes me break out in hives. I am happy to postpone it for a bit if we can find a way to be happy where we are for a little longer. Also, I told J I want to buy a new couch if we are staying a while longer HAHA... not sure how that's going to go, but it would make me happy!

7. We put in a homeowner's insurance claim for some of the roof work and the interior damage from the leak that alerted us to our roof problems. The guy that did the work said there was definite wind and rain damage and he thinks homeowners would be willing to cover a portion of it. They are coming out Thursday to take a look. I would be the happiest woman alive if we got back even 30% of what we paid for that roof. That would pay for an FET! HAHA

8. My sister told me yesterday that she thinks our mom is depressed. I think I agree. I am worried about her. I am not sure what to do. The fact that I am 6 hours away makes it much more challenging. I would like my mom to try to come visit us a few times a year to spend time with Will, but I know J would not be happy. She doesn't like my mom. At all. And since I would be working during the week, if my Mom came she would be spending 1:1 time with J. I tried floating the idea to J yesterday, but she wasn't thrilled. My mom is difficult, and high maintenance, and she has made bad choices in her life that have resulted in her being lonely, etc. She is in the place she is in now (emotionally) entirely of her own doing. But I still feel sorry for her. She is my mom. Ugh!

9. I think I should adjust my tax withholdings. I think I am giving too much to the government and using them as a "savings account" until my refund every year. Now that we have a kiddo, I think it is time to stop withholding quite so much from every paycheck... but I fear having a tax bill later on down the road.... I need to talk to my accountant and ask for some advice. I feel like I am paying way too much in taxes out of every paycheck.

10. I am kind of obsessed with wanting to get pregnant again soon. I think people think I am crazy. You all probably do. I can't explain it, really. I just picture us as having a big family, and I am anxious to keep building that. I feel ready. I think J feels ready too. I feel a bit like I have baby fever, which is totally insane. I have a 7 month old! People say things about just enjoying the baby that we have and all these first moments -- I am!!! I don't think being pregnant would make me enjoy William any less. I don't think having another baby would make me enjoy William any less. I also will admit that I really liked being pregnant and I miss it. That and I really, really want my kids to be close in age. There is an 8.5 year gap between me and the sibling closest in age to me... but then all of my siblings are close in age to each other. I have always been a bit jealous of that. I want my kids to truly grow up together from the time they are little. Am I nuts? Maybe don't answer that...   

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    @KH826‌ - I feel you with not having the time to exercise during the week. I have the same struggle. And, while I was nowhere ready to think about TTC #2 when Ash was 7 months, I get the desire to have kids close in age. It makes sense for a lot of reasons. I do hope you get some "you" time and some "you and J" time - I think it's so important to do it when you can!
  • Options

1. I don't really have 10 things today but I want you all to weigh in on my bathroom reno.

2. So we need/want to redo our bathroom.  The toliet is broke and needs to be replaced.  The tile is cracked and the vanity is cracked. 

3.  Rough estimate it will cost us $3,000.  We have expensive taste.

4.  It will be the bathroom we live with for many many years.

5.  We have the cash on hand but it would come from our savings and we need to save up for my maternity leave.

6. There is a chance that we will get a tax refund that could pay for it.

7. What would you do? Go for it or wait till we had the cash on hand and not touch savings?

8. Thank you!!!

• Options
    @karlamo can you maybe wait until tax refunds come in since that isn't too long? That would be my approach.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    Karlamo said:

7. What would you do? Go for it or wait till we had the cash on hand and not touch savings?

I would wait for the refund. If you do your taxes early, not too long of a wait to see what you're working with.
  • Options
    @Ball.and.Chain and @ATXmommas, the voices of reason.  You're both right.  I know Suze Orman would be throwing a fit if she knew what we wanted to do.
  • Options
    Karlamo said:
    @Ball.and.Chain and @ATXmommas, the voices of reason.  You're both right.  I know Suze Orman would be throwing a fit if she knew what we wanted to do.

So, I think B&C and ATX are both right. However, I totally get not wanting to wait. We would probably toy with the idea of just doing it now if we feel like we will do it anyway regardless. But, that's probably why we are staying in our old, small, city house for a while longer. Because we don't save well.

Here's a question: is your toilet non-functional? Will you be waiting to fix it until you do the whole bathroom? I feel like that would make me move faster.

P.S. Suze Orman stresses me out.

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options

1. people around me are popping up "accidentally" pregnant and its starting to irritate me a tad. lol, but seriously.

2. starting to stress over breastfeeding. I had a breast reduction 18 years ago and have heard horror stories of those who couldn't.

3. I pray for a great lactation consultant.

4. I work for a hospital based healthcare company that specializes in Perinatology and Neonatology and they don't offer paid maternity leave... I think that is just dumb.

5. A close friend works a bank of American and gets 12 weeks paid at 100%... again, dumb.

6. I can not help but be jealous of above friend.

7. I had a cup of half-caff coffee yesterday and I thought my heart was going to explode. It was the first caffeinated drink I had had in 12 weeks. Never again.

8. I keep putting off walking/exercising because its too cold out. Really its because I am too lazy these days.

9. Cant find a new bra that I like and it is seriously time to get one. I don't want to spend 50$ or more on one that I will out grown in another couple months.

10. I haven't told my employer that I am pregnant yet... when is a good time? 

Me~35 Wife~32
    Together 6 years
    Married 2014
    TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
    11/5-ER
    11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
    Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
    7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

• Options
    KarlamoKarlamo member
    edited January 2015
    KH826 said:
    Karlamo said:

So, I think B&C and ATX are both right. However, I totally get not wanting to wait. We would probably toy with the idea of just doing it now if we feel like we will do it anyway regardless. But, that's probably why we are staying in our old, small, city house for a while longer. Because we don't save well.

Here's a question: is your toilet non-functional? Will you be waiting to fix it until you do the whole bathroom? I feel like that would make me move faster.

P.S. Suze Orman stresses me out.

Toliet is semi-functional.  When you flush it the water just keeps running till you push the plunger down in the tank.  Even then it still runs some.  We have a second bathroom.  It's just that I spend a lot of time with my head in the toliet these days and I would really enjoy it more if I was looking at a new, clean toliet.

P.S. I looove Suze.  There are many times when I need a Suze smackdown.  This is one of them.

• Options
    KH826KH826 member
    edited January 2015
    @Karlamo - HAHAHAHA if a Suze smackdown is what you need, then I withdraw my comments about biting the bullet and doing the reno now. Channel your inner Suze (and your inner @ball.and.chain and @ATXMommas)! :)

• Options
    JGYJGY member

@karlamo - I hate absolutely DETEST pulling money out of savings.  Depending on how you have it invested, there could be tax implications, etc.  That stuff sends me on a spiral of worry and stress.  So personally, I would file my taxes as early as possible and just use that money for it.  But, I do totally get being excited for a new project and wanting to start it RIGHT NOW!  Can you do some of the work in advance and pick out your tile and toilet, etc. while waiting for the money to come in? 

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    @mamosey - I think you can tell I am on team reno, but I will come right out and say DO IT NOW! It's $3k, not $30k. It's honestly not THAT much money. If you are going to do it regardless, just do it now. @Karlamo deserves a pretty toilet to puke in! :)

• Options
    @Karlamo - What I would do is begin planning the reno in detail - pre-shop all fixtures, tiles, paint, etc.  And maybe get an estimate or two from a contractor.  Meanwhile file your taxes and get the approval from the IRS that your taxes have been accepted so you know what refund to expect.  

@KH826 - EV and I sorely need of a date night. ( @ball.and.chain - I am so jealous, Friday sounds awesome!! ) I also get the baby fever thing.  I couldn't wait to start trying for #2.  I will say that with the exception of having m/s for few weeks while chasing a toddler (not that fun), being a pregnant mom was great and didn't detract from being present for Kaden.

1. I am so excited about all the babies to be born soon. And all the BFPs!!!

2. I was looking at the check-in rosters the other day and marveling at home much this board has grown.  Love it!!

3. Listening to classical music. A few minutes ago Pavarotti was belting an uplifting aria.  Now its the theme song from Downton Abbey (looking forward to watching this season) right after we finish Marco Polo...

4. Kaden is wandering around naked with a hard hat on....

5. As soon as I finish I'm going to pack up the kids and head to the playground. I have a 11am conference call with a client, and I'm hoping to tire the kids out so I can grab the call in relative quiet.

6. Crossfit has not happened.  I think I need to get a refund for my groupon deal. I'm sad and mad (and not glad) because there aren't any gyms that I want to join in this area.  We've belonged to a couple of amazing gyms/clubs that were like resorts in the last few years.  The local Club Sport starts at $300+ a month for an individual membership and they don't accept corporate discounts.  

7. My BFF is coming for a visit in February. I'm looking forward to seeing her and to her offer to give EV and I a night off (maybe even for an overnight)...

8. Owen is enjoying eating these days. He loves any kind of meat and yesterday enjoyed baby kale sprouts I got from Trader Joes.  

9. I was slow to rise this morning because the boys woke 6+ (stopped counting at one point) between 1am -6:30am.  Around 7:45am EV brought Owen into the bed to nurse, and then I took a shower.  Our room is baby proofed so I thought.  Then I hear a gagging sound and step out to find Owen standing by the toilet paper roll unraveling and eating it.  I took it away and thought "Phew!"  Until minutes later I hear more gagging and lo and behold he'd found the toilet paper stash.  Looks like I need to figure out a new system.

10. I just made and ordered some really awesome business cards.  Very excited about them :-)  

• Options

@mamosey, you can't just come on here and hijack my thread after I've already gotten them on my side.  Now you're stealing @KH826 over to your side

:-w
  • Options
    @Karlamo - I'm sorry, but I was never on the side of waiting on the project. I was just trying to agree with my more financially responsible peers here. In reality though, I am on both of your sides. Didn't you see what I said about the pretty toilet for ya? ;-)

• Options
    JGYJGY member

1.  I thought I lacked motivation at work before.  That was nothing compared to now.  It's really bad.  I REALLY need to make some changes.  Ugh.

2.  Ultrasound tomorrow afternoon.  Can I really expect to get anything done between now and then?  I don't think that would be reasonable. 

3.  I've been spoiled for the last few weeks.  While S has been traveling quite a bit for work, on the days when she HAS been home she's been there in the morning AND in the evening.  It's been glorious.  That ends this week.  Bummer.  Back to the old 5:30am-7pm workdays.  :(

4.  S has been offered the chance to travel to Asia for work in March.  We're all about her going, but her administration needs to give it the thumbs up/down (there are some conflicts with other work that needs to be covered during this time frame).  I'm beyond excited for her and I truly hope she gets to go, even though I know it will likely be a nightmare here at home.  But holy mother WHEN are they going to make this decision????  I will need to fly in a family member to help me and I don't want to wait much longer to buy that ticket.  ARGH.  Stupid places of higher learning, being all diligent with their decision-making and stuff ...

5.  So I recently got fed up with the fact that we have no type of contact information/directory of the families at daycare.  I printed out a little note and stuck it in to each cubby, volunteering to put a directory together for whoever was interested in being listed.  I'm pretty excited that I've received responses from about half of the families.  Some were really enthusiastic, all were grateful. 

6.  G has to get another set of PE Tubes (ear tubes) later this month.  I took him in for his pre-op physical last night.  Double ear infection.  Seriously?  Poor kid.  I had no idea.

7.  Kid has been sleeping great for the last few months.  So why am I still so tired?  I mean, I know, duh, pregnancy, but seriously this exhaustion is way more overwhelming than anything I had the first time around.  I feel like such a lump when I sit down and physically CANNOT get up again.

8.  S has successfully put G to bed two nights in a row with NO NURSING, just books and cuddles.  I am beyond excited about this. She gives him the choice first "Would you like to come upstairs with me and read books and then go night-night?"  And he says yes.  And then when she tells him to say goodnight to me, I think he recognizes the ramifications of his choice (no nursing) and gets sad.  But he's powered through and it's been great!

9.  I have a perfectly lovely and healthy salad for lunch today.  What's the one thing I don't want for lunch?  Salad. 

10.  There aren't enough half-caff beverages in the world for me today ...

TTC since 6/11
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    1. As usual, I am going to try and complete this before a child starts crying....this is my life :-)
    ATXmommas thank you for the shout out.  I am so proud of my Buckeyes!  I am also very tired from staying up so late last night!
    3. My wife has slept on the couch the last two nights and I hate to say that myself and Adalyn have slept so much better.  Our bed just isn't big enough for the three of us to sleep comfortably. My wife also slept better, our couch is pretty comfortable.  I have a mixed emotions that this could be our sleep arrangements for a little bit.
    4. Speaking of alone time, my wife and I went out to dinner Friday night with NO KIDS!!!  It was the first time we had been on a date since last April for my birthday and I was 4 months pregnant at the time.  It was really nice, but also really funny that there were kids around us and we spent alot of time talking about how cute they were, haha.
    5. We were thinking of doing dinner and a movie, but Adalyn has decided she only likes moms boobs and not a bottle, so we couldn't be gone too long.  It is okay, I missed her anyway. (the girls were on respite for the weekend)
    6. I don't know how we went 8 months and never used respite, since Adalyn has been born we are using it about once a month.  It really is just enough time to slightly recharge and maybe get a few extra things done around the house.  
    7. When we just have Adalyn our house is messier and there is no urgency, its like we think we have all this time and we end up leaving coats, shoes, crap everywhere and rarely get our To Do lists done.  Oh well, life is about memories and we spend much more one on one time with her.
    8. I cannot believe that M turns 3 in just a few weeks.  They came to us two days after her 2nd birthday, so her birthday is also going to be a celebration of them being with us a year.  This last year has been CRAZY for us!  But wonderful in so many ways.
    9. I think we finally have M potty trained!!!  Well almost.  She wears a pull up at night.  But we haven't had any accidents with the big girl panties in almost two weeks!
    10, and Adalyn is crying, gotta go
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    @kh826- i think you are doing the right thing w/ your house

@kalarmo/ mamosey- i would totally just do it.  i want to redo my bathroom just bc it is ugly and 80s and all tile and mildew-y but i need a new fence first and to finish off our basement (little things) so it's not in the cards for 2-3 years... and by that time i want to move!! 

I can't commit to 10 things right now i will just say:
    1) I'm ready any time now.... pop lol
    2) I'm HOT
    3) work is stressful im ready to stop LOL
    4) getting ready (stupid stuff- packing bags, etc) is stressful
    5) last hypnobabies class is sunday. i feel behind

Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    1. Last night I started feeling a cold coming up and woke up this morning feeling like death. I didn't want to come to work, but I thought I should toughen up and fight through it. Unless I start feeling worse then I will go home and gladly curl up in bed and take a nap

2. Did I mention our nanny might be moving out of state? Ugh her wife is up for a job and I am kind of hoping she doesn't get it. I don't want to find another new nanny 

3. I could have written most of your TTT @KH826, especially #1, 3, 5, and 8

4. I'm debating whether or not to go to urgent care to rule out strep or the flu...

5. My dad's gf said that M was making growling noises because he is a boy and all boys know how to make truck and car noises. Ugh. Sometimes I want to be overly honest with her but then I am too nice. Quit stereotyping my son lady! 

6. We need to figure out what we are doing with our house and our TTC plans. 1 week out of every month J wants to get pregnant. The other 3 she doesn't. I'm not in a big rush, but I'm a planner so I kind of want to figure out a timeline.

7. I realized I don't have my new insurance card so no Dr. for me just yet.

8. My mom is going to watch M for a couple hours on Wednesday. I'm super nervous and really hope that it goes well. She isn't the most healthy or active person and I just hope she has the physical ability to take care of him. 

9. I get a 5 day weekend this weekend, wahoo!

10. I signed M up to do a tryout of a little gym class with me. If we like it I'm going to see about the nanny taking him, or see if there is another class she can take him to. He gets bored after being in the house all day everyday. 

• Options
    1. @ATXmommas‌ It sure was an exciting first half! I slept through the second. I couldn't believe it!

2. One of my friends was talk to a university colleague about my blog and the colleague wants to use it in their trans politics class! I am pretty proud. Here is the most up to date post: https://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/2015/01/well-this-makes-more-sense-now.html?m=1

3. I hate waking up in a puddle of milk. Anyone have middle of the night suggestions for avoiding leaking?

4. I started home brewing water kefir again! I am excited about getting started on a delicious probiotic regimen again!

5. I am having the best time of my life at home with my wife and little Squints!

6. We are seriously trying to reel in our budget and it is not easy!

7. Contradictory to #6, I really want a new tattoo. I want a seahorse... Male seahorses carry their young and I think that is amazing!

8. Our niece loves this baby so much. This morning h was in her swing and our niece snuck in the living room and was singing to her when she thought no one was looking.

9. We got a surprise present from an old mentor of mine. It was an alphabet cook called " a is for activist" and it is amazing!

10. @Jazibel‌ thinking about Kaden's hard hat outfit made me laugh outloud. He sure is a character!

Bonus pip of these two buckeye loving cousins yesterday! image

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
     9. We got a surprise present from an old mentor of mine. It was an alphabet cook called " a is for activist" and it is amazing! 
    We got that book at a baby shower, I love it! M seems to enjoy it too

• Options
    1. My right ovary feels like it could explode at times.

2. I'm hoping for ER to be on Friday. I will have a better idea tomorrow afternoon.

3. I only have enough Gonal-F for tonight and tomorrow (if needed). I kind of need ER to be Friday so that I don't have to stress about getting meds for Thursday night. I told the RE that I saw yesterday and he wasn't concerned.

4. Between using up various amounts of Gonal-F, my HCG and Ganirelix, I did 7 shots last night.

5. If this cycle doesn't work, and depending on what our tax return will be, we will be going to Florida again this year. Though I would love to take a vacation, I would really rather see this cycle work.

6. I hope my percentage of viable embies is higher this time.

7. I feel like a broken record here, still trying to make a dang baby.

8. I have two cold sores, one on each lip. Apparently I'm stressed...

9. I made the switch to using natural deodorant. I like it, but find that it doesn't hold up well if I get warm and start to sweat a little.

10. Our furnace needs to be looked at but we don't want to pay for that right now. We predominantly heat our home with wood anyway, so it isn't a necessity. It's been in the negatives temperature wise and the back of our house hasn't been quite as warm. As a solution, C and I took the mattress from our extra bed and put it on the living room floor. We did this over the weekend and it was fun and cozy. We may be doing it again tonight.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    JGYJGY member

@karlamo, @mamosey, after reading mamosey's case, I'd have to say that IF I were pretty confident that the tax return was going to cover it I'd probably go for it now and put it on a credit card and then pay it off with the tax return.  But I would absolutely file my taxes ASAP and try to avoid any finance charges.  AND, I'd make damn sure I was getting miles or something else useful from whatever card I used.

TTC since 6/11
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?

• Options
    @2mamazinseattle, good luck! I will be thinking about you!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    JGYJGY member
    1. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    1. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    2. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    3. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    4. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    5. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    6. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    7. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    8. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    9. We're meeting our egg donor today.
    10. I'm freaking out.

p.s. I'll do a 'real' TTT later!

WHAT????  How did I miss that this was going to happen?  OMG good luck, she's gonna fall head over heals for you guys.

TTC since 6/11
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?

• Options
    Wow, @2MamazInSeattle‌! I hope the visit goes well! Thinking about you!
  • Options
    @karlamo and @mamosey - I am not a good person to ask, but I vote to go for it. 1) $3K, in the scheme of life, is not a lot of money (in fact, I'm impressed you can keep it to that!) 2) You can replace the money with whatever tax return you get, and make a plan to recoup the rest over, say, the next 6 months while you bake the new baby and 3) Our toilet was doing the same thing, my water/sewer bill was *astronomical* from the toilet running. Like, Heart. Attack. huge. So, J called a plumber and we had a new toilet installed yesterday. My, it's pretty. If I was a'pukin' I'd be delighted by it, but even in a non puking state, it sure is snazzy.

Just do it.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    sarahtrpt said:
     2) @redrockmama‌ -- C makes growling noises all the time and she is a girl. I thought that was pretty normal for all babies. 
    Exactly! Babies growl and whisper and yell and sing and make animal noises, pretty sure none of which is related to their sex or gender. Gar it's like my biggest pet peeve. 

• Options
    KH826 said:

I just read B&C's update, and she sounds like she and her wife have such a good balance of being parents and still being themselves in an adult (non-dirty adult!) way. We have no semblance of that in our lives, and it is completely of our own doing. I worry a little about jumping in head first to TTC#2 without ever having had a kid-free moment for myself or J and I as a couple. Hmmm....

I really feel like there is such a wide range of how people establish relationships with their kids.  Some people want to be around them all.the.time, whether they call it attachment parenting or not, and some need more space.  Assuming you love your kids and they are getting the love, attention and care they need, I don't think one way is better than the other.  I am a pretty hard-core introvert and I need my alone time...which is hard with an infant.  So I really do relish opportunities to hang out by myself or in situations where I don't really have to interact with others (movies and massages come to mind!).  I'm sure some people would think I am cold and don't love my kid, but it is just the way I am.  When I am not with him, I still spend all my time swooning over his photos on my phone, and I still love to snuggle him and kiss him and smoosh his face when we're together.  I am hoping he grows up into a kid who do his own thing, but who can also lie around and read with me -- after he spends some time running around outside with my wife.  :)

The other thing is that it's likely much easier to get time to yourself (or yourselves) if you have a regular childcare provider like we do (like you don't).  They are already prepared to have B four days a week; they are used to him and him to them; they know when and how he likes to eat and sleep, they have a supply of his diapers and wipes and formula and clothes.  It's much easier for us to leave him there and go off on our own than to leave him with a babysitter or even a family member who has to get up to speed on everything each time.  So don't feel so bad about it!

That said -- I do think it's always good to make time for your relationship outside your kids, whatever that means for you and J.  Leaving Will with your ILs for a few hours and going out to do whatever it is you like to do together would probably be good for everyone!
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"