March 2014 Moms

Recommend your car

I'm guessing I'll be car shopping in the near future so what should I get??? I had a 2003 Acura TL an it was fine not my favorite car. I love toyotas but I know they are pricer and keep their value longer so getting one we can afford might be hard. I would want a four door car that fits a car seat and a passenger in the front (my tl didn't). We will have to probably buy used I'm thinking probably around 2009ish to be in our price range.

Re: Recommend your car

• Any interest in an suv? I have a Honda CR-V and love it! It's a 2011 that I bought used 2 years ago. The cargo area is a great size and has fit all of our and LO's stuff on several vacations.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• I love SUVs they just tend to be pricer. We have a highlander we just bought a year ago and have a pretty high payment on so I need something with less of a payment
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my Toyota 4Runner! It's a 2005 and has almost 150k miles, and knock on wood, has never been in the shop for anything mechanical.

But you're right about trying to find used ones. We want a sequoia, but can't find a decent used one.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• DH has a 2010 Mazda 6 currently, and LOVES it. My car is super old, so I can't really recommend that one haha. But previously I have had a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix (which I LOVED everything about, but it got totaled in an accident) and a 2009 Chevy Impala, which did the job--comfortable ride, lots of space, very reliable, looked decent--but I wasn't super stoked about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• HighPeak said:

I'm going to agree with Toyota here. We have a Toyota surf 4x4, it's massive, and they rarely break! Jeremy clarkson dropped one off a crane one for the show top gear, the damn thing still ran! My FIL is also notorious for killing cars within 6 months, he also has a Toyota surf, he's not managed to kill it yet and he's had it 5 years..... That's what made me think seriously about getting one lol, no regrets!

I've never heard of a surf over here in the states, but looked it up and it's the same as a 4Runner. That's what I drive and they really are great cars!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• If you like Toyotas maybe try looking at Scions. I'm not sure if the pricing is much lower, but I think the quality is still pretty good. I have a 2005 Scion TC and I absolutely love it, but it's a 2-door. We did have a relatively tall rear-facing seat in it and a passenger could still sit comfortably, but I agree that a 4-door would probably be easier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HighPeak said:

HighPeak said:

I'm going to agree with Toyota here. We have a Toyota surf 4x4, it's massive, and they rarely break! Jeremy clarkson dropped one off a crane one for the show top gear, the damn thing still ran! My FIL is also notorious for killing cars within 6 months, he also has a Toyota surf, he's not managed to kill it yet and he's had it 5 years..... That's what made me think seriously about getting one lol, no regrets!

I've never heard of a surf over here in the states, but looked it up and it's the same as a 4Runner. That's what I drive and they really are great cars!
    I think it's odd when different countries have different names for the same car, it makes things so complicated!

But they are great cars aren't they! We spent £500 on winter tyres for ours, it looks like a monster truck now, so beefy! Lol. My DH wants to make it safari ready too, we plan in doing a safari drive before we're 50, plus driving across America, landrovers and Toyotas are the only cars I know that could do all that and STILL be fit to drive after lol.
    And they are obvs good at blocking people in. Hahaha =))

• I might check out some camerys.

Anyone have experience with Hyundai??
    @Kkraus11 How do you like your Hyundai?? I was looking into the sonata as well
  • I have a Hyundai sonata and I love my car ! I especially like the warranty , 10 and 10 !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Another vote for Subaru Forester. I know you said no SUVs but it really is a fantastic car. My BFF has a Subaru Impreza hatchback and she adores it as well.
  • I'm 100% a Subaru girl. We had a WRX before we had kids and now have an Outback. There isn't a bad model of Subaru as far as longevity and safety. All models are all-wheel drive and incredibly safe. Love our Outback. We have two carseats in the back with no problem and plenty of room for groceries, double strollers, etc... in the far back.
  • Ahhh attack of the Subaru!! My husbands family keeps pushing them as does my husband!! Ugh I guess I'll look!

I'm avoiding all things Honda or made by Honda I'm convinced that is why mine got stole!! Booo

It's still missing...I hope it's having a wonderful adventure and not being torn to pieces
  • I bought a Nissan rogue 2013 over the summer and I LOOOVe it. it's also good in the snow. my only complaint, and this seems to be true of most nissans, is that when it's less than 20 degrees F outside you have to keep the windshield de-fogger on high blast or it will fog. you can't turn it off for a moment or boom, fog. other than that the car is awesome.

also have a Jetta, and that is a FANTASTIC car. it was a bit small trying to bend over to stick LO in the middle of the back seat, which is why we got the Nissan. if we could have found a larger VW I 100% would recommend a VW.

have fun shopping!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"