March 2015 Moms

Hormones and you!

Funny hormone anecdote, since the start of third trimester my black hair dye goes brown and my purple streaks go blue. Feeling bad for me and my stylist but at least it's a nice blue?

Anyone else have similar stories?
photo 2eaeec32-4781-4bd4-a9e0-fe86f486b516.jpg

~~~~For SuzyQ and all our loss moms~~~~

Met: 02.2007 / Engaged: 11.21.2009 / Married: 07.09.2010

EDD: 03.02.2015 / Scheduled Delivery Date: 02.25.2015

Re: Hormones and you!

• That doesn't sound too bad. My brown level 5 turns Elvira black :flushed: so now I will need to put in highlights and lowlights to break up the darkness.
  • Hmm, I wanted to get my hair died back to my normal color to get rid of the ombré look I have going on since I have like 5 inches of new growth since my highlights last summer. I think I'll just wait.

No wierd hormone stories. Just normal stuff. I cried last night because I asked husband to make some plain rice (I was hoping like a jasmine rice) to go with the trader joes orange chicken I was making. He put chicken stock in it and that frustrated me. He also didn't use the jasmine rice.
  • Loading the player...
  • tunnel.  Just curious if anyone else had seen any late interesting hormone reactions to either hair dye or really anything.

• Hmm, I wanted to get my hair died back to my normal color to get rid of the ombré look I have going on since I have like 5 inches of new growth since my highlights last summer. I think I'll just wait. No wierd hormone stories. Just normal stuff. I cried last night because I asked husband to make some plain rice (I was hoping like a jasmine rice) to go with the trader joes orange chicken I was making. He put chicken stock in it and that frustrated me. He also didn't use the jasmine rice.
    It's the little things right?  I think our hot water heater is going and all I wanted was a warm bath the other night, I had my lush bath bomb all ready, I was in the tub and it just wouldn't get past barely warm. Cue the waterfall :/

• My hair has always been extremly curly in tight ringlets (think frizzy, out of control Shirley Temple) I wear it pulled back a lot since it takes so much effort to tame it. I literally got done washing it one day and realized it is now kinda this weird wavy, almost curly thing now! I lost my mind and sat on the bathroom floor sobbing!
  • bdazzld said:

Hmm, I wanted to get my hair died back to my normal color to get rid of the ombré look I have going on since I have like 5 inches of new growth since my highlights last summer. I think I'll just wait.

No wierd hormone stories. Just normal stuff. I cried last night because I asked husband to make some plain rice (I was hoping like a jasmine rice) to go with the trader joes orange chicken I was making. He put chicken stock in it and that frustrated me. He also didn't use the jasmine rice.

It's the little things right?  I think our hot water heater is going and all I wanted was a warm bath the other night, I had my lush bath bomb all ready, I was in the tub and it just wouldn't get past barely warm. Cue the waterfall :/

I would cry too. Those things get pricey. I have to hear up water to add when I want a bath because we have a tankless and it doesn't get hot enough for my liking. Maybe that would work for you.

I get it though because you get so frustrated then everyone else looks at you like your crazy.
  • @finallyyourturn2 My husband was heating up water on our electric kettle (he's awesome) but it just couldn't keep up with the heat loss :/ HOPING it's something that's fixable versus needing to be replaced we bought the house about a year and a half ago--and started noticing something was up early on.  Was also frustrated that we hadn't done anything about it then when the warranty/insurance or whatever was still active. Bleh.

• My hair has always been extremly curly in tight ringlets (think frizzy, out of control Shirley Temple) I wear it pulled back a lot since it takes so much effort to tame it. I literally got done washing it one day and realized it is now kinda this weird wavy, almost curly thing now! I lost my mind and sat on the bathroom floor sobbing!
    Sounds easier to manage now though? Maybe? Unless it's that really frustrating wave thing, happened to my sister her curls now start half way down and are more wave and frizz than curls now.  I'm hoping it was just something weird about how I blow dried my hair-- but my roots at my temples seem a bit wavy/frizzy. -.- I've had pin straight hair for 33 years lol

• I know it's not pregnancy related but my mom's hairdresser friend once told her not to dye her hair when she was on her period because hormones would mess with the color. After reading some of your posts I now believe it.
  • @etherhay EEP! Yeah, I got overconfident because it'd gone so well for so long lol I'll try to bleach it out in a few weeks and try a no chemical purple, hopefully since it's basically a colored conditioner it'll just sit on my hair/absorb versus interact.

@djoliet I hadn't heard that--but I believe it now too! ^_^

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"