August 2015 Moms

Don't feel pregnant!

I'm 10 weeks and I just gone feel pregnant! I don't have sore boobs, don't feel like I did a couple of weeks ago, like I had something there. I feel sick and am eating loads but I just don't feel pregnant!! Is this normal?

Re: Don't feel pregnant!

• Yup :) I'm in the same boat. It's like the reality of it hasn't set in yet. My last two pregnancies it didn't feel real until I got to hear the heartbeat.
  • I just feel really nervous about it thinking somethings wrong. I just feel kind of empty... but I didn't before. It's like everyone who is as far as me have gone up a couple of bra sizes and stuff... and I just haven't. Probably just thinking way to deep into things! It's my first pregnacy I'm bound to worry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Every pregnancy is different and symptoms can vary from person to person. I'm 10 weeks and I'm just bloated and hungry.
    "One Love, One Heart, One Destiny" - Bob Marley

"Louie & Irie -  Fur Babies Adopted 02/16/13 & 5/23/13"

August 15 January Challenge - Mean Girls

• Same here. 10 weeks and I got nothin (besides being constantly hungry)... All I can say is everyone is different.
  • A lot of people have very few symptoms and are experiencing the same. Try here:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12519154/symptoms-monday-1-12-thru-sunday-1-18#latest
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am 11w2d and sooo sick!! Nothing still sounds good, dinners are not going well at all! Throwing up every evening!
  • That's how I was with my DS. That was nearly 7 years ago but I had no symptoms what so ever. And reality set in when I saw my baby on the screen for the first time.
  • This is my third. I was sick with my first 2, but with this one I'm not getting sick. My boobs are not getting bigger. I have bought test after test just to make sure.
    The only thing that says I'm pregnant is i go to the restroom all the time, and I'm so emotional.
  • Chill out!!
  • @aclw3005‌ I feel you. I'm in the same boat (8w1d) but we have to remember that we may just be the lucky few who don't get morning sickness at all (hallelujah!) and we really can his assume that our pregnancies are healthy and going along just fine when looking at the stats. I feel you on being worried, however sickness or not, no one can feel the baby at this point for reassurance so we're all in the same boat. Just try to stay positive and think "I'm pregnant, PERIOD", even if something is wrong there's nothing we could do to stop it so it's best to look back on these times and think about how relaxed we were rather than anxious and missing out on these precious days.
  • mkillian27mkillian27 member
    edited January 2015
    This question seems to be very common because it is asked frequently. I know not feeling what you think pregnancy should feel like can be unsettling. I have went through this up until week 8 and now I am struggling to stay awake ALL day. I feel nausea ALL day. And I could list like ten other things, but the point is that symptoms may come and go or never show up at all.

Have you ever heard of the show that shows stories of women who didn't know they were pregnant? I am sure most of them didn't feel pregnant, because they didn't know until they went into labor.
  • I just feel really nervous I know it's probablt nothing but don't know anyone in the same situation as me or know anyone close to me that's pregnant. So thank you so much lady's. Just don't feel pregnant like I did a few weeks ago x
  • I'm 11 weeks and 2 days today. My symptoms faded this past Sunday (1/11/2015). Makes me kind of nervous too. I've had my ultrasound, saw the heart beating. The ultrasound tech said everything looks great. I go for my 12 week OBGYN appoinment on 1/19/2015. Hoping my doctor will use the doppler so Ic an actually HEAR the heartbeat. I'm sure we're both fine. Maybe we're just a couple of the lucky ones. I'll let you know next Monday how things went at my doctor's appointment so I can try to ease your mind.

P.S. It's my first pregnancy too.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm sure its nerveracking just be grateful that you're not nauseous or uncomfortable.  Some have easier pregnancies than others.  

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Im glad this board got started! It's easy to feel so nervous thinking that you should feel worse. I am in the same boat!
  • I think you might just be one of the lucky ones!! I do have symptoms, but still feel nervous. I think it's so hard having so much time in between appointments. I have heard of a lot of moms who felt good through pregnancy.
  • I think you might just be one of the lucky ones!! I do have symptoms, but still feel nervous. I think it's so hard having so much time in between appointments. I have heard of a lot of moms who felt good through pregnancy.

That's what I have to keep reminding myself. I should be grateful! Haha! Just nerve racking for a FTM. :)
  • aclw3005 said:

I just feel really nervous about it thinking somethings wrong. I just feel kind of empty... but I didn't before. It's like everyone who is as far as me have gone up a couple of bra sizes and stuff... and I just haven't. Probably just thinking way to deep into things! It's my first pregnacy I'm bound to worry!

I'm 10 weeks haven't gone up a bra size. I don't feel pregnant either and I worry so mimuch about a missed miscarriage since I had a mc last pregnancy.

I go to the doctor Monday and I just pray I hear a heartbeat. I'm sick and I eat a lot too so hoping all is well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dkizzire82‌ I will pray for you as well!! After one MC, I can only imagine that the sense of worry is much worse!! Stay positive :) the worry hormones don't help either. Hang in there!
  • Thanks @elmorema12.  I pray our find some comfort too and all is well!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dkizzire82‌ Monday can't come soon enough! :) make sure to let us know how everything goes.
  • Only 11 more days until my first appointment! I'll be 9w6d but praying the Doppler will work!! Same boat as you all, no strong symptoms other than fatigue. No nausea, no vomiting, cramps stopped a few weeks back after implantation, so I'm praying there's still a healthy and growing bean in there!! Thinking and praying for you ladies. It's a much different (and very mental) obstacle to overcome.
  • queenb+ said:

Lizover23 said:

I am 11w2d and sooo sick!! Nothing still sounds good, dinners are not going well at all! Throwing up every evening!

This post is about not feeling pregnant. Why would you comment about how you feel "sooo sick"? That probably doesn't make the OP feel any better.

I know it's preferred these kind of posts are restricted to the weekly symptoms thread because they are redundant and clutter the board... But it frustrates me when people hijack posts, especially when their comments probably make a worried mom feel even worse.
    I agree. Like when I posted my worries about excessive weight gain too early and someone thought it was appropriate to tell me how much they've LOST while being pregnant. Yep, thanks a lot . Makes me feel loads better...
  • mamaromeomamaromeo member
    edited January 2015

mamaromeo said:

queenb+ said:

Lizover23 said:

I am 11w2d and sooo sick!! Nothing still sounds good, dinners are not going well at all! Throwing up every evening!

This post is about not feeling pregnant. Why would you comment about how you feel "sooo sick"? That probably doesn't make the OP feel any better.

I know it's preferred these kind of posts are restricted to the weekly symptoms thread because they are redundant and clutter the board... But it frustrates me when people hijack posts, especially when their comments probably make a worried mom feel even worse.
    I agree. Like when I posted my worries about excessive weight gain too early and someone thought it was appropriate to tell me how much they've LOST while being pregnant. Yep, thanks a lot . Makes me feel loads better...
    I agree. Instead let's hijack a post to talk about how hijacking posts is rude.
    I apologize. Did not mean to hijack, just strongly agreed with queenbee's statement.
    My input on this post is as follows, and hopefully will give the OP a little more peace of mind. I had been awfully sick the past few weeks, then all of a sudden, the past couple of days have been great. MS that had lasted all day gone, boobs not quite as sore, and getting more energy as well as fewer food aversions. Even though I'm a Women's health RN and completely know better, I was nervous. I even bought a cheapy hpt, which is silly and turned positive almost immediately, but it just made me feel better. Everyone is completely right OP, it's normal as even one's own pregnancy can vary day to day. Hope you start to feel a little less stressed.

Edit: dumb auto correct on mobile.
  • mamaromeo said:

mamaromeo said:

queenb+ said:

Lizover23 said:

I agree. Instead let's hijack a post to talk about how hijacking posts is rude.
    I apologize. Did not mean to hijack, just strongly agreed with queenbee's statement.
    My input on this post is as follows, and hopefully will give the OP a little more peace of mind. I had been awfully sick the past few weeks, then all of a sudden, the past couple of days have been great. MS that had lasted all day gone, boobs not quite as sore, and getting more energy as well as fewer food aversions. Even though I'm a Women's health RN and completely know better, I was nervous. I even bought a cheapy hpt, which is silly and turned positive almost immediately, but it just made me feel better. Everyone is completely right OP, it's normal as even one's own pregnancy can vary day to day. Hope you start to feel a little less stressed.

Edit: dumb auto correct on mobile.
    Ahh okay, fair enough. Next time my hijacking complaints will be properly filed under WTF Wednesday instead.

To be constructive I'll respond on the original topic as well - I have basically no symptoms at all. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time googling this and talking to my doctor - there is no reason for you to think anything is wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"