July 2013 Moms
Options

Would you do this?

I know none of us have December babies, but maybe a sibling of LO does and you've been in this situation.

I'm side eyeing my cousin hard. We don't have a great relationship and I disagree with a lot of her parenting choices. She did not have a first birthday party for her daughter. She got a lot of grief for it from the family. She's now having one a month after her actual birthday. She says in her facebook invite that they are having it now because they wanted her birthday to be separate from Christmas. I was born 3 days before 4th of July and loved it. Your child's birthday is your child's birthday. Would you move your child's birthday to avoid a holiday?
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: Would you do this?

• Options
    A friend of mine celebrates her December kids birthdays (12/25 &12/20) with only immediate family on their birthday. Then has a big party for them in July.
  • Options
    Eh I don't think it's a big deal. Holidays are crazy and stressful enough without adding a birthday party in there.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It wouldn't bother me. In DH's family, apparently people only have sex in the late winter/early spring as there are birthday parties every weekend from before thanksgiving until January 3rd (ha,ha). One SIL has three parties in a row - for her and her two kids. It makes it hard for us to be able to celebrate the holidays with other friends and my family. I would prefer if they would space it out a bit. After would be great.
  • Options
    I would probably do this if I had a Christmas season baby. A friend in school used to celebrate her September birthday right after school let out in June. She had a pool and always did a pool party.
  • Options
    I have a December kid and while I haven't done that, I understand the plan. I would opt for something summer. 12 mo is a long time to wait @ 3-4.
  • Options
    N0702 said:

No big deal. We had N's party on June 21st and she was born on July 2nd.

That seems normal to me. I think she honestly wasn't going to do one and then since she got so much heat for it changed her mind.

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I might do Oliver's on July 4th this year since I'm planning on inviting family over anyway. I think parties get a little overboard anyway. So no, I don't think she's crazy.
  • Options
    I really would prefer a baby any month but December for this reason. I'll probably get a Dec baby, and will be thrilled of course!
  • Options
    My family had a group "unbirthday" party in July. I think celebrating a birthday outside of a busy travel season is reasonable.

This could be a "bitches eating crackers" situation for you. You just don't like the woman or how she parents.

I might have a small family birthday dinner on the actual birth date & then a larger party later.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Haha! My absence must have coincided with the BEC remarks, but I still think it sounds funny. She's anti-vax as well. #-o

View Full Size Image

• Options
    biggunsbo said:

That cracker eating bitch.

=)) *dead*
  • Options

A friend of mine celebrates her December kids birthdays (12/25 &12/20) with only immediate family on their birthday. Then has a big party for them in July.

I did the opposite lol My birthday is July 1st so I usually didn't have any friends in town because of 4th of July so I usually had a half birthday party in the first few days of January so I could have people over before school started up.

I really don't have an issue with moving birthdays away from a holiday. Holidays are stressful enough without having to plan a birthday party, too.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Cfreymc‌ I knew it sounded familiar. Thanks! It's definitely a BEC thing.

View Full Size Image

• Options
    My little sisters birthday is December 15th. One year when she was probably 10 or 11 she decided she wanted to have a summer birthday party with water balloons and squirt guns so she postponed her party till June. She had so much fun and I don't think anyone cared.
  • Options
    Things like this don't ruffle my feathers. I just can't care about silly things that don't really matter either way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"