May 2015 Moms
Options

Finally felt the baby kicking *tip included

I'm 22 weeks but until yesterday I hadn't felt the baby kick. I read online that the baby can see light through your stomach (thought I was skeptical and still don't quite understand how it filters down there). Anyway, last night my husband and I were lying in bed with the lights out and I had him shine his cell phone flashlight on my stomach. The baby went nuts! She moved around for several minutes and kicked a few times. I just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there in case there are any other women out there still waiting for movement.

Re: Finally felt the baby kicking *tip included

• Options
    I'll try it :) I'm twenty two weeks too and desperate to feel baby move. I'll let you know how it goes.

Me (28) DH (34) actively TTC since 2010

2011 dx by RE: Severe mfi- Treatment option: IVF w/ ICSI ( I declined the RE recommendation to use ds),  2012  IVF#1 w/ICSI long Lupron protocol + follistim + menopour.  Transferred 2 day 3 embys, ended in early m/c, 2013 IVF#2 w/ICSI bcp, lupron, & a lot of friggin follistim. Received a call the morning of transfer that they ceased, 2014  1/11/14 -cycle day 1, unmedicated AI w. DS.  AI #1 1.23.14, scheduled again for 1.25.14, & 1.27.14

My baby lives in my heart.  Juliette Marie 1/17/2008 - forever 

• Options
    Great suggestion, thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good idea:). I honestly never would have thought to try that!
  • Options
    I think you are correct...I was up late Friday night and couldnt sleep, so I had my Ipad out using it and I wouldn't neccessarily say I had a flashlight on the baby, but I did once I felt the baby move to see if I could see anything and he just kept moving around.
  • Options
    Hmm...I'll have to try that out!! I'm 20 weeks and just felt the first kicks a few days ago. Since then baby's been very active (feel kicks a few times a day!). I notice it more often 20-30 minutes after I consume something sweet. I guess he gets a 'sugar rush' lol! My husband's cousin is at 22 weeks and said she hasn't felt anything yet, I'll have to tell her about the light trick!!
  • Options
    Sounds like the game I play with my cat and a laser pointer. No offense OP but I will not be trying that :-S
  • Options
    The reason the baby moved was bc the little eyes are sensitive and they were trying to get away from it. I wouldn't advocate doing that to your baby.
  • Options
    I've been feeling movement since 20 weeks... I love it. My DH still can't feel it, though I think he's just being silly. I can feel it with my hand!   But then...  now I also feel movement more because there's less cushion with my water broken and all. Still cooking!
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BABY NINJA!
  • Options
    I'm 21 weeks and I don't know if I'm feeling movement yet. Noting that feels like kicks. Can anyone explain what the baby moving will feel like?
  • Options
    at first it felt like flutters, or maybe gas bubbles popping. and then after a few days it was like, okay, that was a kick!
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BABY NINJA!
  • Options
    If the baby is moving you'll know. I'm a FTM and my baby moves all the time. It just feels like someone is poking you in the stomach from the inside.
    First comes love = November 2012
    Then comes marriage = July 19th, 2014

Then comes baby = May 19th 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Praying for #2
    ~6 week loss in January 2016
    ~7 week loss in April 2016

• Options
    I told my husband about it and he was like "no way! I feel like I would be torturing the baby, what do I say when it comes out blind?!" Lol, thanks for the tip though, with an anterior placenta I'm not sure the light would shine through anyway
  • Options
    I have been feeling flutters for the past few days and I'm almost 22 weeks. I don't know why but shining a light on the baby makes me feel bad. I just feel like he won't like it. In sure full kick feelings are coming soon anyways.
  • Options
    I feel the baby a ton, but have to say that last night when I flashed my iPhone light on my stomach the baby didn't react. He did move again a few minutes later, but I think that was unrelated. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"