Parenting
Options

Older Siblings.

BoogsybabeBoogsybabe member
edited January 2015 in Parenting
How will did your older children handle you bringing home baby? My son will be 20 Months old when the new baby arrives and I'm terrified he will be jealous of the baby being held or breastfed. My grandma says I've done him wrong by having another so soon, but DH and I want our babies close. I just got my bfp blood test from doc and so happy but she is kind of making me worry!

Re: Older Siblings.

• Options
    My oldest was exactly 23 months on the day we brought my youngest home.  To be honest, he really didn't care much. He didn't really want to interact with the baby, but he didn't get jealous or upset.  The only jealousy he showed was when my husband held the baby, he wanted DH to hold him too, but then, he's a daddy's boy so that doesn't really surprise me.

The one thing i remember is when my youngest was about 5 days old, we had to take him to the pedi.  DH was getting both boys ready while I got dressed and put the baby in the infant seat, then left the carseat on the floor for me to grab when I walked out of the house.  DH walked out with Gabe (oldest) and not the carseat and Gabe flipped his shit thinking DH was leaving his brother behind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD 5 was totally in love with DS when he got home. She has her moments where she requires a little extra attention.  But on the whole she has been pretty great about it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you all so much. I have been crazy nervous and y'all have really settled my nerves. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"