Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Feedings for six month old?

I recently started introducing some purees to my baby's diet. He is still eating about 7 ounces of formula every 3 (to sometimes 3.5-4) hours. He usually sleeps from 7:30pm to 5:30am (wakes to feed, then back to sleep).

Right now since I am just introducing purees, I am giving him about 3/4 ounces with his morning bottle and 3/4 ounces at dinner time with about 4 ounces of formula (gets another small feeding before bed).

Am I on the right track? Our pediatrician told me he should be eating 4 ounces of purees each day... I can barely get the 3/4 ounce down when I try with him. He doesn't love the spoon and whines for his bottle.

What is your feed 'schedule' for your six month old? I know every baby is different, but should I be concerned that he is still eating so often?

Re: Feedings for six month old?

• Options

If he doesn't like it much & wants his title, I'd cut back a bit. Also, feed a normal bottle & offer solids 30-60 min later instead.

This is what we do. I get home, she nurses, I cook dinner and she eats with us.

I was told a couple of tablespoons at a time. I think 4 ounces is a lot at first unless they are showing extreme interest in them

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

• Options
    I breastfeed and pump and he nurses or has a bottle 6 times a day so when I am away he has 4-5 ounces in a bottle.  We do a couple tbl of cereal and half a jar to a full jar of fruit in the am.  It is given to him a couple hours after a morning bottle then he has a couple hours later.  At dinner he has food (one jar of veggies) in between his last two bottles
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first I liked the schedules provided by the Baby Whisperer. She pretty much said bottle, 2 hours later food, bottle, food, bottle, food, bottle. It worked well with my first. This time we are giving the bottle first and following up with some food at breakfast and dinner.

I follow baby for amounts. My DD had a FIT tonight when we cut her off at 2oz of food. Then we gave her more.

Wholesomebaby has some good baby info for feeding as well. Not sure if they provide schedules though.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"