Babies on the Brain

I guess I've come to terms

I always, ALWAYS, envisioned having 3 kids my whole life.  DH only wanted 2, so 2 it was, because I definitely agree that no child should be unwanted in any way.  I did have to struggle with it though.

I went to see a newborn cousin over the weekend and I was prepared to have my feelings attack me and bring on the baby fever.  I held her for an hour, and nuthin' so I guess I'm really ok with being 2 and through.  Not what I expected at all, but I'm glad about it.

Anyone else unexpectedly NOT have baby urges when you thought you might?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."

Re: I guess I've come to terms

• No. I was the exact opposite. One and done! Then every baby made me want more.

Where is your H standing now?
  • I have always wanted more than one, and I still want some more, but I also love our family how it is right now.  I still have strong urges to experience pregnancy, but unless a miracle happens, that's just not in the cards for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • No. I was the exact opposite. One and done! Then every baby made me want more. Where is your H standing now?
    He's standing strong on his position.  Even texted me a potential vasectomy date yesterday, which I'm actually excited about because, if we're really done at 2, I really REALLY do not want any oopsies even though I'm religious about taking my BCP.

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
  • I have always wanted more than one, and I still want some more, but I also love our family how it is right now.  I still have strong urges to experience pregnancy, but unless a miracle happens, that's just not in the cards for us.
    I still hope you'll get your miracle, but not in a false hope way.  I hope you know what I'm trying to say.  Words are hard.

I still hope you'll get your miracle, but not in a false hope way.  I hope you know what I'm trying to say.  Words are hard.
    Thanks.  I still hope so, too.  But it would be easier if I didn't! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"