Trouble TTC a Sibling
Options

Oh FB you did it again...

So I have a couple "friends" on FB who had only 1 child.  I often find myself looking at their pictures and finding some relief in thinking that they seem happy and content with just 1 child (since my negative nancy head just assumes that I will never be able to conceive another child).  Well I just saw that one of the families (their daughter is probably around 7-8) is now pregnant with their 2nd.  It is obvious they had TTC a Sibling because they kept saying in the comments sections of their post things like "It took us a long time to get here" and etc. 

I know this sounds crazy, but I am disappointed.  It is some how in a super crazy way reinforcing my feelings that 1 child isn't enough.  That I won't be content with my life if I can't give DD a sibling. 

Ugh.... TTCAS has now made me a crazy FB stalker

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Oh FB you did it again...

• Options
    Hey, don't beat yourself up about thinking those things. I was thinking this morning that I needed to let go of what I imagined our family would look like and start embracing other possibilities. We might end up being one and done. We might have a huge gap in between and that will be ok. I have to be ok with whatever outcome. We're nowhere near done trying, but I recognized that my outlook needed readjusting. Sorry to hijack your post! Just be kind to yourself and try to reinvision all the possible ways your family might look like in the future. I'm sorry if it sounds like lame advice. I'm clearly struggling with the same feelings. Hang in there.
    BFP 2/14/14, m/c 4/14/14 at 12 wks
    BFP 12/24/11 happy and healthy baby boy!
    BFP 11/23/11, m/c 11/25/11 at 4 wks
    BFP 7/10/09, m/c 7/23/09 at 6 wks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I know how you feel! I do the same thing with FB friends with 1 child. I have recently discovered something about my reactions to friends announcing 2nd or 3rd pregnancies...I'm okay with it if I knew they were trying to have another and I am NOT okay with it if in past conversations they told me they were done having kids and then I see them announce they are expecting again. I have no idea why this makes a difference in my reaction, but it does. Sorry to thread jack!

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• Loading the player...
  • Options

No apologies needed for any "thread-jacking!"   I am glad to see that others have similar kinds of reactions to other people's family size.

The crazy thing is I am more upset about this family who I am, at best, acquaintances with adding a second child, than the fact that my overdue SIL posts every single day about not having her baby yet.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I know what you mean. But I do know lots of families that are happy with just one! And only children that are perfectly happy without siblings! But I can totally see your disappointment.  Hugs
    DS: Born November 2011
    TTC #2 since April '13
    DH 35, Me: 34
    DX: Unexplained Secondary Infertility, Slight DOR
    Sept 14 - IUI (Clomid + Ovidrel) = BFN
    Oct 14 - IUI (Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone) = BFN
    Nov 14- Benched due to cysts Looking for New Doc
    Feb - IUI #3 (Letrozole + Ovridrel)
    March/April - IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - Follistim+HGH+Low Dose HCG - 11R/9M/5F - 2 8 cell 3dtransfer - BFN on April 23, 2014

• Options
    I would feel the same way. It hurts when you're on Team "This isn't what I wanted but I'm really OK with it!!!" and someone on your team switches sides. Because in your own acceptance process, you looked to them for inspiration, and then you find out they were never really OK with it after all, which makes you feel worse.

My daughter was born the same week as yours :) I also feel so depressed about the prospect of her being an only child. She will also have no first cousins (which also makes me sad because I had 20) and I worry that is she has no siblings, no cousins, and doesn't get married for whatever reason, she will be totally alone one day. Ughhh...
    baby girl  5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"