September 2015 Moms
Options

Morning sickness hit me like a truck

SHutch94SHutch94 member
edited January 2015 in September 2015 Moms
so the past couple days I have felt nauseous and thought "oh okay, morning sickness isn't going to be too bad"

Boy was I wrong, I woke up a little before six this morning and threw up. Tried to eat some yogurt, threw it up, tried to drink some water, threw it up, tried to eat some saltines, threw them up, stopped trying to eat, threw up, threw up, etc.

I was finally able to take a nap and just woke up and tried to eat a small bite of food and sip of water but from the way I feel, I will be throwing that up again soon too.

Anybody out there having bad morning sickness? Please help!

Re: Morning sickness hit me like a truck

• Options
    Zofran. Call your doctor and ask.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Yes for Zofran. I took it last pregnancy weeks 6-30. They come in dissolvables so you don't have to swallow a pill.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ask your doctor about Diclegis. The only category A drug on the market in pregnancy. You can also try vitamin b6 and doxylamine (unisom sleep tabs) these are the same ingredients in Diclegis but over the counter.
  • Options
    Yikes. The nausea is just starting to hit me. I was pretty much in bed all weekend because standing up makes it worse. Plus : lethargy to the MAX. I haven't thrown up yet (but I know it's coming) and I'm surviving on my favorite ginger snaps, so that's a win! I do still have an appetite, too, so I think that's good!

My sister had MS with both of hers and she said no caffeine/carbonation, naps, and always something in her stomach helped. I'm trying to break the caffeine addiction and it's so hard! Good luck!
  • Options
    That sounds pretty severe. There's a 12hr stomach bug going around where I'm at. I wonder if maybe you caught something that's making it worse??? Hopefully not a long term thing for you and hopefully you can get something from the doctor.

I have been on the verge of throwing up all day and came close while brushing my teeth but I haven't...yet. Today has been the worst so far, might just be ramping up. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you all so much for your help.
    I'm definitely looking in to all of these options ASAP. Today has been miserable.
  • Options
    My new go to fos MS is vinegar and sea salt chips. Cuts the nausea I better than ginger for me, and the effect lasts longer than it takes to eat a chip
  • Options
    @missliz53 I will definitely have to try that. I might go buy a bag today!
  • Options
    @missliz53‌ that actually sounds good right now. Might try that.

imageimage

• Options
    @SHutch94 that sounds awful.  I hope your doctor can give you something to help you feel better quickly!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been nauseous nearly 24/7 for about a week now and I ended up getting the Seabands.  They haven't made it go away but it is easier to tolerate today than it has been!   I hope you find relief soon I am sure the actual throwing up is in my near future :(
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and only 5 wks 4 days so I don't have much experience to back me up, but I started feeling nauseous this Sunday. I saw where numerous ladies recommended Sea Bands Ginger Lozenges for nausea. I couldn't find them at the store but they had Sea Bands wrist bands which use kind of an acupuncture thing to relieve nausea. Anyway, I'm using them today and I feel a lot better. My nausea wasn't as bad as yours sounds but every trick is worth trying :) I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    I was sick from 8-16 weeks with my daughter and it was not fun.  I was teaching and had to run out of the classroom several times a day.  I am very wary about taking anything while pregnant so I chose not to ask my midwife for a prescription.  It wasn't easy to deal with it but I found that keeping gatorade and granola bars next to my bed helped.  I would wake up around 3-4 and eat one.  Rice krispy treats also seemed to help my stomach.  Hope you find some relief soon! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    jen83182jen83182 member
    edited January 2015
    If it continues go to the doctor and get Zofran. They might give you some fluids depending on how dehydrated you are.
  • Options
    These are all amazing suggestions. I live in a small town do my options are limited until I go into the city this weekend so I'm taking notes on things to pick up while I'm out! I haven't thrown up today but I have been very nauseous, I'm definitely looking forward to trying these remedies.

@beachbabe22 I actually did something similar this morning! I woke up at 4 in the morning, had some saltines, greek yogurt, a couple sips of ginger ale and some Powerade and it was able to hold me over to go back to sleep a couple hours, so that was very nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"