March 2015 Moms
Options

Clicky poll: What is your soft-structured carrier of choice?

Joon+Joon+ member
edited January 2015 in March 2015 Moms
OK ladies, I know we've hashed this one out in previous threads, but I was hoping to get a black-and-white breakdown of your preferences. Please note, I'm not talking slings or wraps of any kind here - from what I understand, that's a whole 'nother ball of wax. Please feel free to leave a comment as to why your fave is your fave, or why your non-fave isn't! Also, FTMs chime in too on how you came to a decision! I spent hours at the baby stores on Saturday and only left with a headache... TIA!

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

Clicky poll: What is your soft-structured carrier of choice? 118 votes

ErgoBaby Original
50% 60 votes
Beco Gemini
7% 9 votes
Boba Baby Carrier
7% 9 votes
BabyBjorn Classic
5% 6 votes
Other - please name
21% 25 votes
SS - please explain
7% 9 votes

Re: Clicky poll: What is your soft-structured carrier of choice?

• Options
    Love our Ergo, but I'm more a ring sling sort of girl. Tulas get tons of love and I'll be getting one for E soon (good for toddlers).
  • Options
    I love my ergo but have been wearing my friends Tula and I am sooo willing to shell out the money for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also I am getting into wrapping and RSs!
  • Options
    I love my ergo... but I'm only here because of @Joon+ s amazing siggy gif... yes please!

• Options
    FTM, but I registered for the Lillebaby Complete Airflow.  My friend loves her lillebaby and still uses it with her 20 month old, and I tried it on and found it very comfortable and supportive.  It also has good reviews online.  I picked the Airflow version because I figure I'll be wearing him a lot in the summer in Atlanta and it gets hot! 

A coworker has also offered to loan me her Moby wrap, so I figure I'll give that a try too if I can figure it out.

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a FTM going with the Boba 4G based on the recommendation from Lucie's List. I like that it comes with the newborn insert, and I can use it from a very low weight. If it turns out to not be my favourite as the kid gets older, I'll move on to something else later.
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • Options
    I completely forgot about Tula! Should have been included in the choices - Kinderpack, too. Holy smokes, my head is going to explode... But thanks for all the input! I definitely need to re-consult Lucie's List on this also (there's a teensy chance I may be overthinking it at this point)... :P

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
    Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
    4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    FTM, but after lots of advice from veteran parents, got the Ergo! However, PPs are spot on. I hear great things about Tula and they are super cute if you can afford.
  • Options
    I got a tula this time because of all the rave reviews they get. I didn't baby wear much with my first. (I only had a moby)
  • Options
    FTM, but I'm planning on buying an ergo. I reeeeeaaaaaalllly want a Gracie and Sam, but it's not in the budget. So I'll have my pretty LF ring sling and an ergo DH will also use (that I will be customizing). Id love to pick up a mei tai just to round out the collection.
  • Options
    Anyone know what the return policy is for babies r us on things like a carrier? I'm registered for a bjorn that my husband chose, but am wondering if we get it home and try it out and don't like it if we will be able to return it
  • Options
    We have the Ergo performance version and like that fine for how we use it, which is not a ton. Mostly for some hikes, walks and around stores or events before baby can sit up. I love back carrying best. A ring sling is nice for short trips, very easy on and off, but the Ergo's pretty quick too once you get the hang of it, and much more comfortable for wearing longer. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Options
    FTM, but I'm registered for a K'tan and I have a friend that is giving me an Ergo. I follow a mom vlog on YouTube and she is very high on the Tula so I might give that a try if the other carriers don't work.

• Options
    etherhay said:

I clicked ergo original, but really what we have is an ergo performance sport. I LOVE it, and so does my H- we bought it based on the recommendation of a good friend who owns a local baby boutique. After DD was born we were both a bit bigger- my H is about 6'3 and was around 350; I am 5'2 and was around 250 at the time. Even after losing weight it still fits both of us well and is easy to adjust; I initially purchased it because it fit both of us with our larger frames without needing additional extenders. FWIW we bought it when DD was about 6 months, and I'd used a mei tai and Moby wrap in the early months.

I also have the Ergo Sport. We loved the Moby for the first two months, then I used the ring sling allllll of the time. It wasn't until she was getting six months plus, I'd say, that we more regularly got into SSCs. We also would rely more on SSCs for longer stints of wearing, whereas the ring sling was great for popping in and out. Wrapping never really worked for us.
  • Options
    Kinderpacks for sure, I love the ones with the mesh panels. My second choice would be Olives and Applesauce. They have a built in infant insert and fit all the way up through toddler-hood.

• Options
    I'm a FTM but also registered for the Lillebaby. I did a bunch of research too and didn't come across much negative on it. Plus my husband and I both tried a bunch on with baby dummy dolls and we both found this most comfortable. Hopefully it'll work out as such once our real baby comes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just have so much love for the Gemini. No additional inserts needed, good pretty much from birth (7lbs+) on, four different carry positions, doesn't hurt my back (eff the Ergo and Bjorn!), easy to wash, organic cotton, cute patterns if you want them (we just have black), doesn't get hot like the Ergo, easy to put on, adjust and take off by yourself... I could go on and on.
    1st timer here, but reviews like this helped me choose the Beco. It works great for my cat... ;)
  • Options
    Love my tula, it's so comfortable and I love feeling my sons body right through the fabric. I absolutely hated the baby bjorn, especially all the padding. When I switched to the tula, I felt so much closer to my boy. Can't wait to get this LO into the carrier!!! I actually fantasize about it haha.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

Can I piggyback on this a bit and ask if any of you ladies do hiking/outdoor stuff with your carriers and what you think of the ones you have?

I pretty much bought my Boba for when we went to vermont/NY when DS was 9 months. It was great! I wore him on my back with no problem.

There actually us no infant insert for the boba. It just snaps up which is another plus (seems cooler to me which is important)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I voted Ergo, but it's the only SSC I tried with DD1 until very recently. It worked well for us and DH was even comfortable using it. I recently splurged on a Toddler Tula for her, but haven't really had the chance to use it yet. DH wore her in it a couple weeks ago and seemed to like it.
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • Options
    Tula or kinderpack.

BFP#1 1/23/12, EDD 9/25/12, MC 2/2/12 
    BFP#2 3/3/12, EDD 11/09/12 DD born 10/27/12
    BFP#3 1/12/14, EDD 9/16/14 MMC 3/6/14 @ 12w, measuring 8w, D&C 3/7/14
    BFP#4 7/4/14 Team Green EDD 3/16/15
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got a free Ergo at a baby expo, and we were just gifted a never-been-used Moby from a friend.  

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    I loved my ergo with DS. I have one for the next baby but I am also branching out and j bought a mei tai, a moby, and am on the hunt for a ring sling.
  • Options
    FTM and most of our friends don't have kids yet. I've been researching carriers recently, so this thread is so incredibly helpful!!! I originally registered for an Ergo and was planning on getting one in the next month unless we happen to get one as a gift. Now I'm thinking of ordering a Tula instead. The reviews are great.

Thanks for everyone's input!
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • Options
    FTM here. We registered for a beco gemini, because my husband liked it. I really want a tula, and we already bought a little frog ring sling and a woven wrap. My sister also gave us her moby. I want to try everything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have an action baby carrier that I love. I started using it when DS outgrew the wrap around 4-5 months but it can be used earlier with no insert. It's also pretty durable and folds up into a reasonably sized carrier that stashes well in my diaper bag.

PP asked about outdoor activties and we used ours for hiking, camping, riverbank fishing and probably more that I can't name off the top of my head. He always did really well in it and rode contently.
    -We also have a Kelty hiking backpack but I HATE it. Anytime we've been hiking I just wore him in the abc and DH carried anything we needed in his daypack so we didn't have a space issue. The hiking backpack just seems so top heavy bulky, I just can't do it but some people love them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I voted ergo, but I would probably go Tula if I could. I have an ergo though and love it.
    Baby 2.0 
    BabyFetus Ticker 
     Maya 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Our Family Easter 2014

My Blog

• Options
    I'm all about the Boba. I had a 3G with DD and now have a 4G for DS. I prefer the fit and comfort of it - DH used an Ergo but I just didn't love it like my Boba.

I also loved my Toddler Tula as DD grew and got bigger.
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I have a bébé confort Easia. I hope I love it. I choose it because it doesn't require inserts and it's won awards by the French Pedriatics Association for spinal development.
  • Options
    FTM, received a Lillebaby Complete at a Big City Moms event and see no reason to get anything else right now. Reviews are great, and I love the print (finches with charcoal trim).
  • Options
    I have an Ergo that a friend passed down to me that I like.  My four year old used it this past summer at the beach.  It was really comfortable and easy to use.  I'm excited to use it on a little one!  I also have a Moby wrap and a ring sling.  I used the Moby with DS when he was little and it worked well, once I got it figured out.  I haven't used the ring sling before, so we will see how that goes.    
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"