March 2015 Moms

Baby boy name help

Still debating on our boys name. Thinking about Malakai Rome or Kai Phoenix. Any suggestions are welcome. Husband likes the name/nickname Kai, and our daughters middle name is a city name, so we were trying to stick with that.

Re: Baby boy name help

• Frankenstein.
  • FWIW, I think of Kai as a female name; though that's simply because i know 2 women with that name. I personally don't adore either name suggested. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Is anyone else confused why naming your kids after cities is even remotely on a list of importance? What does it achieve? Do the parents just really fucking love cities in general?

So many questions!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Just curious whether wanting to use a city name that we like is any different than just picking a random name? Pretty sure they are all of same importance. Sorry not wanting to name son John David or whatever it is that might appease ignorant people.
  • Let the games begin!
  • If you insist on that name, try spelling it Malachi instead. It looks funky spelled like that. Also do not like the middle name "Rome". You asked for suggestions..,
  • kbmackey said:
    Just curious whether wanting to use a city name that we like is any different than just picking a random name? Pretty sure they are all of same importance. Sorry not wanting to name son John David or whatever it is that might appease ignorant people.
    WTAF? People aren't ignorant b/c they choose normal names, if anything speshul names are what looks ignorant.
    This.  Speshul snoeflayk names make me question if their parents are unintelligent or were just high when they named their children.  
    Based on the grammar of all of these name posts, I'm going to go with unintelligent.
  • stine28 said:

stine28 said:

Here's a thought... Use a city that you actually give a crap about. Like somewhere you've been. Or have ancestors from. And we can't help with that because we don't know who the fuck you are.

So my suggestion will be the city my ass is currently in: Malachi Jasper. And I'm awarding myself bonus points because I know actual normal humans who have named their kid Jasper.

But Intercourse is better, I like Pennsylvania.
    You lost me. You mean she should name her kid Malachi Intercourse? Intercourse Pennsylvania? Sexytime Malachi?
    It was a bad attempt at a joke, she said she wanted a city name. So if it's going to be ridiculous, why not go all out.
    I'm with ya on going all out. Just not at catching jokes. Let's call it pregnancy brain and all go have a nap? ;)
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • Pennsylvania can also offer up some fun names if you want cities. We've got Blue Ball and Virginville.

BabyFetus Ticker

• etoille said:
    There's a Vader here in WA.   

Once we found out we were having a boy, I jokingly suggested this as a name.  The look on my husband's face told me he thought I was serious for a second.  Good times.

Anyway, my vote is for Anus (France) or Middlefart (Denmark).  The latter would be great if you intend on having a third kid after this one, OP.
    I so want to name my kid Garth Vader now.
    Jeff Vader is head of catering on the death star. Not so good with making the trays dry though. This ones wet this ones wet this ones wet....

Did you dry these in a rain forest?

Oh, Eddie.  <3

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Boring? We have a Boring, Oregon!
  • Lol, I think I'll go with Middlesex for a name, so English! No matter that I haven't been there, or really don't care about it. THEMES MEAN EVERYTHING!!!11!1
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow, its nice to know that people are cruel when just wanting to get genuine suggestions. You will cry freedom of speech if anyone calls you out for being malicious. What happened to common courtesy. It's ok to ridicule guys, but just remember that some of you were in the same boat just wanting honest suggestions. I never thought changing a name to be different would be chastised as much as it has been on here today but what I do know is what goes around comes around . And by the way, for all the insensitive people who have obviously enjoyed being bullies on a baby website go F**K yourselves:)
  • I find it hard for you to complain about common courtesy when you have practiced none yourself.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• kbmackey said:
    Wow, its nice to know that people are cruel when just wanting to get genuine suggestions. You will cry freedom of speech if anyone calls you out for being malicious. What happened to common courtesy. It's ok to ridicule guys, but just remember that some of you were in the same boat just wanting honest suggestions. I never thought changing a name to be different would be chastised as much as it has been on here today but what I do know is what goes around comes around . And by the way, for all the insensitive people who have obviously enjoyed being bullies on a baby website go F**K yourselves:)

Also, look up what freedom of speech is, sparky.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • kbmackey said:

Wow, its nice to know that people are cruel when just wanting to get genuine suggestions. You will cry freedom of speech if anyone calls you out for being malicious. What happened to common courtesy. It's ok to ridicule guys, but just remember that some of you were in the same boat just wanting honest suggestions. I never thought changing a name to be different would be chastised as much as it has been on here today but what I do know is what goes around comes around . And by the way, for all the insensitive people who have obviously enjoyed being bullies on a baby website go F**K yourselves:)

Actually, my husband and I picked our name. Mostly because I don't want strangers naming my child, nor do I need their input. (Nothing against you ladies!)
  • RQuinlin said:

I want a donut.

Gah. Wrong thread.

They do tend to jumble together sometimes, don't they?

Yes! Thank god for freedom of speech!

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Friedom Eegle Jones. There's your name!
  • goofygoff said:

kbmackey said:

Also, look up what freedom of speech is, sparky.

@goofygoff‌ - I had to quote you just so I could keep the gif alive on the next page as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• @jnowosielski‌ It's never wrong to want a donut, no matter what thread you post to. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"