September 2013 Moms

Paleo/Organic Diet

At my sons one year check up our physician said she prefers a paleo diet for our son.  I agree with limiting processed foods and buying certain things organic.  I don't think we are going to be as strict as she was suggesting.  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone follows a paleo diet for their children.  What kind of snacks do you give your kids especially when you are on the go?  Please feel free to share recipes, fav snacks etc.  
BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Paleo/Organic Diet

• Hi there. I did paleo for awhile but am not right now. I recommend checking out the paleo parents website... They and their 3 boys eat paleo. I follow them on Instagram and get an email newsletter. They have lots I recipes and snack ideas for kids.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Awesome, thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yw! Hope that helps you out!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Interesting that a doc would recommend a paleo diet if your family didn't already eat that way and/or you expressed interest.

Personally, I wouldn't be ok cutting all dairy, grains, legumes, etc from my LOs diet without a reason like a food allergy.

I think it is completely possible to follow a very healthy diet without strictly adhering to one "plan" (unless you want to!) Aside from putting an emphasis on whole/unprocessed foods, we made a loose rule that we don't buy anything that has sugar in the top three ingredients. Now, of course, there are occasional exceptions.. because, c'mon, ice cream is a food group ;)

Paleo or not, whatever you decide, Pinterest has tons of snack ideas for toddlers if you do a quick search.

• DS has a lot of allergies.He can't really eat any processed food. We are not Paleo (we are grain free but can't have dairy or eggs) but I do use a lot of their recipes. I get them from google searches or Pinterest
    This is not a paleo website but I have found good recipes here https://detoxinista.com/
    I take organic pouches when out and about or sliced fruit, or fruit cups.

• Thanks ladies for all of your input!  Pigtailsandpinafores, that is more or less the kind of eating we try to do.  It is very disturbing everything that is added to our food!  Do you have any fav clean eating websites?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"