International Bumpies
Options

Moving countries whilst pregnant, any advice?

My DH and I found out this past week that I am pregnant with our first baby! Currently we live in my home country of Scotland, but I will be moving back to Denmark in June, when I will be 7 months pregnant. However, DH will have to see when he can get a job over there, so he might be moving earlier than me or later. We both are fluent in Danish, so I'm not really worried about a language barrier, but I am worried about moving, possibly by myself, very pregnant. Anybody got any advice?
BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moving countries whilst pregnant, any advice?

• Options
    I moved from Canada to Switzerland but I was only 15 weeks at the time of our move.
    As long as you aren't moving heavy boxes and furniture on your own it shouldn't be a problem.
    I would suggest you look for doctors before you get there. That has probably been my biggest challenge.
    Good luck on your move!
  • Options
    We moved from the U.S. to Germany when I was 24 weeks. I would try to find a dr and/or midwife before moving. Maybe have an appt set for when you arrive. I would try to find out as much as possible about the birthing process there. Lastly, I would get connected with a new moms group as soon as possible. Making connections with local moms was key for me. I ended up with complications and the women I had met were so kind and helpful. Good luck!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"