Stay at Home Moms

What do you think?

A month or so ago DS2 was really tired for about a week….like sleeping an extra two hours a night, plus napping again, plus just all around listless and he kept telling me he was cold. He never had a temp or any other symptoms. After a week I took him to the pedi. He took a look at him and said it was probably a virus, told me to try not babying him to see if that helped, and sent me on my way. Things seemed better for a week or two but now he is back to sleeping a lot. He's not napping but he is sleeping 13 hours a night. He seems normal during the day, except complaining of being cold randomly. Do I take him back? I don't know what they are going to do for us…..Its just odd. He has been sleeping a lot for the past week if that helps for time frame. Thoughts?
Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13

Re: What do you think?

• How old is he?
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I would have them do some blood work. My DD (also 3 yo) had similar symptoms and it turns out she was pretty anemic. It took a couple of weeks of her taking an iron supplement, but we've seen a huge improvement.

• I would bring him back to the doctors and see if they can run some additional tests. If his behavior is not normal for him something is probably going on.
  • I would ask for blood work- definitely check for anemia, and possibly thyroid. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with taking him back. I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism and those were some of my symptoms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Ditto the suggestion for thyroid and iron tests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the iron testing. Those are two of the symptoms. Poor little guy :(
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    edited January 2015

I'm in agreement with the other ladies - D, iron, and thyroid tests (which blood tests just suck as a Mom but so is having either problem!)..  You know something isn't right and can't pawn it off on a growth spurt or something of the sort, go back in and if they give you the run-around, it's time to find a new Doc. 

<soap box> Also, docs like you're dealing with annoy the ever-living **** out of me!!!!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"