October 2013 Moms
Options

Bedtime poll

edited January 2015 in October 2013 Moms
Our 15 month check up is on Friday and I know we are going to get yelled at by the pediatrician because I still give a bottle and rock to sleep. I really don't want to stop because sometimes with working that's the only time I get with her. I'm just curious if I'm alone or not.

Bedtime poll 143 votes

Bottle and rock to sleep
13% 19 votes
No bottle, just rock to sleep
5% 8 votes
Give bottle and then put in crib drowsy
29% 42 votes
No bottle, no rocking, just lay them down in crib and they go to sleep
37% 53 votes
My kid still doesn't sleep
3% 5 votes
SS
11% 16 votes

Re: Bedtime poll

• Options
    Rock and bottle to sleep here.

If it's working for your family, and LO is happy and healthy, I don't see why your pediatrician would yell at you for it.  Do what works for you (and LO).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    SS- we still nurse to sleep at night. for naps, i think he gets bottles and rocked.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe poll fail on my part. I'm not questioning the milk part so much as that I am questioning using it to get her to sleep, that along with the rocking has me concerned that the doctor won't be happy. But I agree with @deedee1017‌ and it does work for us so I don't plan to change it. This was more just out of curiosity to see what everyone else was doing.
  • Options
    I said give bottle and put her in drowsy but really we give her bottle, brush her teeth, play for a few more minutes then put her in her crib.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    SS-I nurse and rock until she's asleep.

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    No more bottles but he does get milk in a straw cup at night before bed while we are playing.  Then I just put him in his crib.  Ive stopped laying him down I just stand him up let him walk over to his sound machine thing to turn it on and leave the room.  
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    No bottle because he gave those up on his own basically. But rock to sleep! We tried sleep training but it doesn't work he lays there and never sleeps. Sound machines don't work nothing. He just plays so we rock to sleep
    So momma can sleep.
  • Options
    DD gets milk about an hour before bed, while we are hanging out downstairs. Then at about 7:45-8pm, we go upstairs, brush her teeth and I put her in her crib. I turn on her music and close the door. She's usually asleep within 15 minutes.

imageimage    

• Options
    No bottle.  Haven't used one at bedtime since September.  Never really rocked to sleep unless he was not feeling good or having trouble going to sleep.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I chose bottle and then put in crib drowsy.  I'll be switching from his bottle to his sippy cup this week.  His only bottle currently is the nighttime bottle and I've been holding off to make sure the switch to the sippy cup didn't mess up his nighttime routine. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm jealous of all you ladies who can just put LO to bed without rocking. I actually think we could give up the bottle and just rock (ok, we don't really rock but I hold her and pat her butt) but she refuses milk most days but will take a bottle from me before bed. So I've been keeping the before bed bottle so she's at least getting SOME milk in her diet.

Anyone have an older LO that had to be rocked to sleep? Did they eventually grow out of it? (Please say yes..)
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Bottle and rock to sleep

• Options
    We just put him in bed, lay im down and turn on the seahorse, sound machine, night light, and turtle projector.  He is usally out within a couple of minutes.  I do this for nap time and it works as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • Options
    Nurse to sleep. Who cares if the doctor is happy? If it works and you don't mind it, rock on!
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    No bottles ever for us here.  Sometimes she will let me rock and sing to her, mostly I try it (she's my last baby darn it!) and she just points to her crib.  Sad mama here!

• Options
    ElleStaxx said:

Bath at 630. Lays on my lap and drinks his bottle by 7 latest. As soon as the last drop of milk is down his throat he pops up and points to his crib and says "bed?" I put him in his crib, he grabs his lovie, turns over on his belly and is out like a light.

I thank God every night for such a good boy.

I'm jealous of all you ladies who can just put LO to bed without rocking. I actually think we could give up the bottle and just rock (ok, we don't really rock but I hold her and pat her butt) but she refuses milk most days but will take a bottle from me before bed. So I've been keeping the before bed bottle so she's at least getting SOME milk in her diet.

Anyone have an older LO that had to be rocked to sleep? Did they eventually grow out of it? (Please say yes..)

We had the issue of refusing milk during the day too. I switched to unsweetened vanilla almond milk and she likes it better. Might want to try the other 'milks'.
  • Options
    We gave up bottkes on the 1st, but I still give her milk in straw cup, and will hold her IF she lets me.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    I still give my 15 month old milk when he takes a nap or its bed time... Our pedi here said no more than 3 bottles of milk past 12 months but he drinks about 5 bottles usually 7 oz.... I dk why he doesn't drink more than that?
  • Options
    I give her a small snack and milk in a sippy around 6:30 then at 7:00 we cuddle on the couch a she usually passes out and I lay her down. I will cuddle/rock her until she refuses to let me anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Milk in a sippy while watching bubble guppies or a kids movie for half an hour, then put him down drowsy. Some nights are easier than others.
    imageimage
  • Options
    SS- during the week, we get home so late that she's always getting her dinner, milk included, right before bed. For naps, she lets me just lay her down. For bed, she insists on her story and her song while we rock. Then I can lay her down and she'll sleep but sometimes I keep rocking her until she is asleep because I like it.
  • Options
    Bottle and rock but it's getting tough. She always wants to play more. I moved her bedtime to later (around 8). It worked for a short time only. The good news is she sleeps much later (8:30 or later).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Options
    Lay down wide awake, turn on music, shut the door. She loves her bed and let's us know when she is ready. If I try to rock her, she just gets squirmy til I lay her down.
  • Options
    I used to have a terrible habit of just waiting till I was ready for bed, then bringing him in with me and nursing him to sleep... he was perfectly fine to play until 10pm.. Never seems tired! But I realize that's not healthy and he wasn't sleeping well.. Anyway so i just started a routine of rocking him to sleep and putting him in his crib. Most of the time he wakes up when I put him down but cries himself back to sleep within 10-15 min. It sounds sad but given the big change in routine, he's actually doing really well. I had a much more appropriate routine with DD when she was a baby... Poor second child :-/
    DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"