August 2012 Moms

New Years resolutions?

Jeffreysmom24Jeffreysmom24 member
edited December 2014 in August 2012 Moms
Anyone making any parenting-related ones or for yourself generally?

For me - parenting related: I want to try to make more of an effort to expand Jeffrey's food choices. He will live on Mac and cheese and meatballs for dinner every night if we let him! For Jacob (9 weeks old now!): I still have the goal of breast-feeding for a year!

No other resolutions yet!

Wishing everyone a happy new year! Hope 2015 is a great year for all of us!

Re: New Years resolutions?

• Congratulations on your new little boy! How is everything going so far? I know I found adding #2 exponentially harder, but we have gotten into a really nice routine by now. I think I may adopt your resolution! Now that DS is almost a year old, we're no longer just treading water and I have a huge list of things that I want to do better next year. Like just enjoy my kids more after work, cook more, get more organized, find another regular babysitter for date nights, and get rid of lots of stuff! Plus the regular ones of eating better/getting in better shape. I'm hoping that our first vacation without kids in a month and our trip to Disney in 2 months will help motivate me on that front. Happy new year to the August 2012 moms :)
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • to try and enjoy everything; stress less. plan activities to get her out and make family memories. continue introducing her to God. create a big girl room with space and organized room for all of her favorite things.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and breast feed DD2 for one year (she's 3 weeks old!). 
  • I don't really have one in terms of parenting other than expanding our family.  We're still TTC but now I've actually started charting temps and using OPKs so hopefully we'll have a BFP sooner rather than later. 

I also have the more traditional resolution of exercise and lose weight.  I'm at the heaviest I've ever been (except when I was pregnant) and I decided that I need to stop being a blob and finally do something about it.  I'm trying to eat better and exercise.  My goal is 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day.  I'm only 1 week in but I feel better about myself already and my pants are already a little less snug.

I have a few other things I'm working on but those are the big 2.

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh and I almost forgot @jeffreysmom24 congrats on your newest little one!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Jeffreysmom24Jeffreysmom24 member
    edited January 2015
    @sdlaura: things are going ok so far! Jacob isn't sleeping great at night but now that I am back at work, I am enjoying all of the cuddles in the evening even more! Both of your upcoming trips sound awesome!
    @ginabina11 : always good to hear from you! Hope all is well with all four of your kids!!
    @sandybananas‌ : so excited for you that you are expecting no 3!
    @tumblefluff‌ : good luck with your new year's goals! Btw, did you recently change your screen name? I don't recognize it (just wondering and it could just be that I am really sleep deprived lol!)
    @becc77: happy new year! Hope all is well with you, Kate and DH!
  • @Jeffreysmom24‌ , Griffin was a pretty terrible sleeper (especially compared to his sister), and I didn't realize what a zombie I was when I first went back to work until later. We started sleep training at 6 months, and it took several iterations, but by about 9 months he was sleeping 11 hours straight reliably. Now that he is almost a year old and I'm getting good sleep, things are so much easier! Hang in there!
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • 2014 was really rad for our family, I can't ask for better! My resolutions are to read six new novels and to sing karaoke. 
  • @Jeffreysmom24, yup recent name change.  I was previously IslandMommy81.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Jeffreysmom24, yup recent name change.  I was previously IslandMommy81.

Thanks! Hard to keep up with name changes but I do remember you now! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"