October 2013 Moms

Raisins?

Do you give your LO raisins?  I haven't because I'm afraid they are a choking hazard since they're kind of rubbery.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Raisins?

• Same here. I almost freaked out on my MIL when she asked if she could give him some.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmm, I didn't think about that.  LO started eating raisins a few weeks ago.  I give her a couple at a time and she hasn't had any issues.

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I juSt started giving Georgia raisins last week and she loves them! She's never choked once. They are too small, I think.

imageimage    

• Yup, actually lots of dried fruits.  He loves dried blueberrys 
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• I have been wondering this. My mom got us some because I love them but I have been wondering if they were too small or too rubbery to give Ethan. I really like he would like them though. I may try it this week.
  • I have but pay very close attention.  He has eaten them in breads and done well.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Abby looooooooooves raisins. No choking at all even when she shoves 15 in her mouth at once.
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

• She loves them and has never once choked. I can't remember when we started giving them to her, but it was quite a while ago.
  • Yes, they are Nicholas' favorite snack!!!  We've been giving them to him for a while, but I don't remember exactly when we started.  No choking issues that we've encountered with them so far!
  • wooohoo! Sounds like O is going to have something new to try.  Thanks ladies!

Now, blueberries.  Are you all still cutting them?

• I haven't but mostly because I've never had them on hand.  Considering the size of pieces of food i've see in her diaper or (unfortunately) during a recent stomach bug, I'm confident she could manage to swallow them whole and be just fine.

• Haven't tried raisins yet but I'm going to now.

• Yes, we give raisins and we don't cut blueberries in half anymore. DS LOVES both!
  • I'm neurotic, so yes, I've still been cutting blueberries, but I probably don't need to anymore. 
  • jessicat2inWAjessicat2inWA member
    edited January 2015
    Yes, raisins are yummy (to DD - I think they are nasty).  Also, prunes but I cut those up because they are big.  Just be aware with any dried fruit that too much can cause constipation because they suck up the stomach juices and re-hydrate themselves on their way through the system!  Gross but true!

• Yes, raisins are yummy (to DD - I think they are nasty).  Also, prunes but I cut those up because they are big.  Just be aware with any dried fruit that too much can cause constipation because they suck up the stomach juices and re-hydrate themselves on their way through the system!  Gross but true!
    Good to know!

• Yes, raisins are yummy (to DD - I think they are nasty).  Also, prunes but I cut those up because they are big.  Just be aware with any dried fruit that too much can cause constipation because they suck up the stomach juices and re-hydrate themselves on their way through the system!  Gross but true!
    Good to know!
    Yup, DD was constipated so I gave her prunes and it made things worse!  Prune juice or baby food pureed prunes are good to go though.  Those raisins will become grapes again :D

• wooohoo! Sounds like O is going to have something new to try.  Thanks ladies!

Now, blueberries.  Are you all still cutting them?
    I never cut blueberries for him.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes I give my son raisins all the time. He loves them and has yet to have an issue with them.

• She eats raisin cinnamon toast for breakfast everyday. She likes to pic the raisins out and eat them 1st!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• I never would have thought to give her raisins but I found out last week that my mom has been giving them to her and she loves them.
  • Lia1303 said:
    I think I might stop cutting the blueberries. Thanks for bringing that up @deedee1017‌. I've still been doing it, but it's a pain in the ass.

every time I say I'm done cutting them, I get paranoid and cut them anyway.

• Considering D had a severe choking episode today. Luckily she ended up gagging and it came back out. I think I might cut everything forever! I was just about to pull her out and do the heimlich when she gagged and it came out!!!
    (It wasn't from raisens)
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"