2nd Trimester
Options

Gallstones !!!!

Anyone else experiencing pain from gallstones and what are you doing to cope?

Re: Gallstones !!!!

• Options
    GSUDavisGSUDavis member
    edited January 2015
    I had my gallbladder removed about two years ago and the best thing I found was apple cider vingegar. I don't know why it worked, but it did. Also, try sleeping on your left side or take a tylenol as soon as you feel the pain coming on. That would usually help knock out any gallbladder attacks that I had until removal. 
    Best of luck!

Edit: You should drink about 1/4 cup. 
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Options
    I have gallstones as well. Apparently I developed them during this pregnancy. They have put me on a strict low fat diet. Nothing deep fried, no fast foods, etc. Also drink TONS of water, that helps too. I know how you feel, the pain is terrible - I was in the ER once. What the doctor told me is that if the pain doesn't go away, then they have to remove the gallbladder. I don't know how bad is your pain, I know mine is pretty low now but I'm on a strict diet. Eating salads, soups, lots of fruits and veggies. I also always have TUMS handy, it helps quite a bit. Hope you feel better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the apple cider vinegar. Mix it with apple juice and it greatly shortened the attack. I also had a script for Percocet to get me by until I had it removed.
  • Options
    I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and I had to follow a low gas/fat diet. You can google it but it eliminates things high in fat and other things like cucumbers, beans, soda. It really did help. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I had my gallbladder removed when #1 was 5w old.  I had a weird ache at the end of pregnancy that amplified into full blown attacks after she was born.  I wasn't diagnosed until she was 4w old. 

strict low fat diet, bland foods, and calming breathing got me through until the surgery.

Work with your doctor to determine if you need it removed while pregnant or if it can wait until after delivery.

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"