1st Trimester
Options

Anyone with viable pregnancies experienced/experiencing slow rising HCG levels?

D4isyD4isy member
edited September 2014 in 1st Trimester
This is my first pregnancy after many months of anovulation and finally getting pregnant after the second round of Clomid (although it seemed like the follicles were not growing as they should have - big surprise!). I have calculated I should be about 6-7 weeks now (4-5 weeks since conception) and my HCG level is around 1500. My level was around 700 five days ago and around 1000 three days ago. That means my HCG is not doubling every two or even three days. I am going for an ultrasound tomorrow, but am not sure if anything will be visible yet since my levels are still quite low. Has anyone had a similar experience? I am very worried, especially because I am what you would call a "high risk" case due to a history of hormonal imbalances, PCOS and endometriosis. Hopefully I will have better news tomorrow. I'm really scared this is leading towards a miscarriage or that I am having an ectopic pregnancy. No severe cramps or bleeding yet. Thank you for your support!

Answers

• Options
    D4isyD4isy member
    edited September 2014
    Dear LittleBunnyFuFu

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding your first comment, I had a few ultrasounds around CD11-CD15 to track my follicles, but they were not big enough to administer the trigger shot. I then went on holiday, so we did not track the follicles after that. Conception had to happen some time during our holiday, but it is obviously difficult to tell when exactly until we can determine how far I am along with an ultrasound. I found out I'm pregnant a little less than a week ago after doing a home pregnancy and blood test. The day before that, nothing showed on the ultrasound.

Regarding your second comment: The 1000 and 1500 were unfortunately three days apart. From my original post: "[...] my HCG level is around 1500. My level was around 700 five days ago and around 1000 three days ago. That means my HCG is not doubling every two or even three days."

Hopefully I will have more info tomorrow. The waiting is the hardest!
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    UPDATE: Ectopic ruled out. Small sack visible on ultrasound. Dr saw something tiny that might be the baby, but nothing conclusive yet. Dr suspects imminent miscarriage, but we'll see again in four days.
  • Options
    UPDATE: In the process of miscarrying. Will probably have to go for a D&C as it has been 5 days and the sac has not passed. Good luck to everyone who are also going through this. It is truly heartbreaking.
  • Options
    Sorry about your loss
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    D4isy I am so sorry about your loss. Prayers for you.
  • Options
    Can someone help. Not sure where to post this. But can or has anyone had hcg levels be up. And then drop and go back up. I'm not spotting or pain.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies. x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"