Cloth Diapering
Options

New/Prefolds Question!

Hi guys! I've been lurking here for awhile in my preparation to start to CD. Babe isn't due til end of June, though, so I may be obsessing a tad early.
Anyways, I recently received a large lot that I bought used online and I'm very excited but I was wondering if any of you have used AMP hemp inserts as newborn prefolds? I have 12 newborn Bummi's prefolds and 18 hemp AMP inserts which are exactly the same size as the Bummi's prefolds but the inserts do seem a bit... Stiffer? Than the prefolds? Like maybe they wouldn't fit to the baby as well as an actual prefolds. I don't see a lot about AMP here but just thought I'd ask! Thanks!

Re: New/Prefolds Question!

• Options
    I've never tried it, but my guess is it would work other than you might have a hard time getting the snappi to grip. Do you have a teddy bear or something to try out getting a snappi to grip?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    I definitely do! Good idea! Pretty simple solution haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just for reference if anyone else is looking for the answer to this in the future... It works but not well? The snappis held but didn't seem as secure as on the actual prefolds.
  • Options
    You could always trifold them and just lay them in a cover. Wouldn't contain NB poo, but if you like the absorbancy of them, it would at least give you a usable option.
  • Options
    I've heard of them used as a prefold and that you can Snappi them. I don't have any so I haven't tried it, but I feel l like I saw that on a stored website. AMP hemp inserts are on my wishlist, they are really soft and super absorbant. They are a Canadian brand and always go super quick on the swap site I'm part of (for Canadian moms).
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"