Late Term and Child Loss

~ Loss Check-In 1/7 ~

Hi ladies, I hope you have been kind to yourselves this week.  I'm posting the check-in early because I will be out of town and far from a computer on Friday!

Welcome to the check-in! I am sorry to have to welcome new loss moms this week but am so glad that you have found us. I hope we can bring each other some much needed comfort and support. Please feel free to join in when you are ready and share as much or as little as you wish. Also, if you have any questions you would like answered, just ask! Any lurkers out there please don't be shy, we would like to be able to support you too. 

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? 

QOTW: How has your anger level been lately?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                    motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ~ Loss Check-In 1/7 ~

• Have you taken any new steps toward healing this week?

Not really.  The last couple of weeks have been rough, I've had to desire to get up in the morning.

It's gone back up.  I hate that this is my life now and Ava isn't here.  It doesn't take much to get me feeling down

• Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?
    No. Honestly don't know wat to do that will help me heal. We are getting carter cremated and it has been such a hassle because the doctors would not give him a birth certificate, but the process has finally started.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?

I want to get a candle to light every night for my son.

I find myself getting irritated a lot. I take it out on my boyfriend and I know it's not fair to him. I need to work on that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? No. It sounds like this has been the week to get angry. I've gotten really angry lately and it ended with a blow up between my husband and I. We yelled and screamed and ended up crying together. I think we needed to get that out. I didn't realize how much he had been holding back and he didn't realize how his holding back was making me feel. It was cathartic, but hard at the same time.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? I like @justyhaunani 's goal of lighting a candle every night. If it is alright, I might borrow that one.

How has your anger level been lately?

Well, I answered this in the first question, but it has gone down now that some things that were hidden were said.
  • @Morena Mama‌ please take my idea! We are thinking about getting a plain candle and decorating it, then light it wen we go to bed.

& I totally get the anger, I've been struggling wit it as well

Best wishes
  • Hello Ladies, I'm moving over here from the April 2015 board where I mostly just lurked and occasionally posted. My son Noah Gabriel was stillborn on 12/22/14. We had to deliver because I was pre-eclamptic and had developed Class I HELLP syndrome and almost didn't make it myself.

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? my husband and I are just talking to each other when we have a bad moment right now. 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? Planning Noah Gabriel's memorial service and working on finding a therapist. 

QOTW: How has your anger level been lately? Haven't really gotten to the angry part, still working through the numbness.
    Noah Gabriel due:4/21/15 born sleeping 12/22/14

Hoping for a Rainbow in 2016
  • Thank you, @justyhaunani !

@Vicki1985, I'm sorry to have to welcome you here because no one wants to be in this position, but I hope you can find some comfort here. These ladies are wonderful. I came over from April '15 as well.
  • Thanks @Morena Mama Ive been reading through some of the threads here and like the feel of the board so far. I'll miss the A15 mamas we have had a lot of losses from that board lately it seems.
    Noah Gabriel due:4/21/15 born sleeping 12/22/14

Hoping for a Rainbow in 2016
  • @Vicki1985‌ I am from the April 15 board too, so sorry for the reason your hear but I'm glad you found this board these women are so helpful and supportive and understanding.
  • @Vicki1985‌ - I'm so sorry for your loss of Noah. No one wants to join this group and I'm sorry you're here. ((Hugs)).

@justyhaunani‌ @Morena Mama‌ - we light a candle every month on the 28th marking another month without Colton. I bought a small vase that we set a small candle in and then I photograph it every month and post it to our blog (link in my siggy if you're interested) and no matter where we are on the 28th, I bring it with us to light. It is a fairly simple thing, but it is important to me to acknowledge the day, even in a small way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Morena MamaMorena Mama member
    edited January 2015
  • cochran234cochran234 member
    edited January 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"