Cloth Diapering

Prefold suggestions

I have lots of AIOs and Pockets but I don't really have any prefolds except for 2 Thirsties prefolds that I use in my night rotation. Does anyone use Geffen hemp prefolds? Any other suggestions to what I should buy? I'm planning to trifold instead of snappi. I'm just looking for something soft and new to try. Thanks!

Re: Prefold suggestions

• I have GMD prefolds. The bamboo ones are so soft!
  • Do you use them a lot? Are they worth having in addition to pockets and AIOs?
  • Loading the player...
  • I use GMD prefolds as well. They quickly became my favorite. I just ordered the next size up! I like to use the snappi because it keeps the poop off my covers, but I have also tried trifolding them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I trifold the nb and small sizes I had from when he was small in covers a lot but actually prefer flats now.
  • GMD prefolds were our go-to for the first 18 months or so. We have AIOs and pockets for daycare now that DS is a bit older (and squirmier), but the prefolds still get used, just not as much.
  • I've tried a bunch. Sweetpea were the softest 100% cotton by far.
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I waited awhile to try prefolds because I was afraid of folding them. That seems so silly now- I use them almost exclusively. They're soft, super absorbent, easy to use. IMO No stash is complete without prefolds. That being said, I recently bought flats and love them even more! The nice thing about flats is you don't have to worry about sizing.
  • I love the Osocozy unbleached cotton prefolds. The price was right for starting a stash and they quilt up nicely. That said, with all the wonderful things I have heard about GMD prefolds here I am hoping that by the time we are thinking about LO#2 we can expand our stash to include a few of those. 

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • I actually have 6 Blueberry flats that I bought when I was pregnant, put in his dresser and completely forgot about. I'll try using those instead of buying something new. Thank you everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"