Minnesota Babies
Options

Any recommendations for midwives in the east metro that deliver at a hospital?

I live in St. Paul, but I'm willing to travel north within 20-25 for a good midwife. I'm looking for for a more natural experience, but want interventions when necessary. I went to a private practice in wbl for my first pregnancy. I had few probably, but was 41 1/2 when he was born.

Answers

• Options
    I delivered with Healtheast Midwives at Woodwinds in Fall 2013 and loved them.  Every single midwife I worked with was excellent :-)  I wanted to have a drug-free natural birth but ended up having to have an epidural/pitocin due to complications.  It was great being with a midwife because I was able to try other natural methods before introducing the epidural, and then eventually the pitocin.  Highly recommend them :-)  
  • Options
    also from saint paul. i'm going to morningstar birth center in saint louis park. it's a great place, but they only accept low risk. they're about two minutes from the hospital if you need to be transferred. highly recommend this place!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is also https://health-foundations.com/ They are on grand avenue in St. Paul. I loved it there. The whole place feels like a yoga studio. I did not end up going with them because of insurance reasons but they were great. Oh wait, they don't deliver at a hospital but they have all the medical stuff that a normal delivery room would have in them and they are very close to the downtown hospital (I don't remember which one they use...)
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Options
    I've used Generations Women's Health midwives for my first 2 pregnancies and using them again for this pregnancy. Love them! They deliver at St Johns or St Joes.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"