July 2015 Moms
Options

anyone else having a hard time eating healthy?

fuss444fuss444 member
edited January 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Ahhh!!! I used to eat lots of fish and veggies and hardly any processed food or breads or pastas...now the mere smell of the healthy stuff makes me gag. I'm about 14 weeks and all I want is carbs carbs carbs..and when I try to eat healthy it all just goes in the trash because I cant.

Any tips? Trying some smoothies with spinach today but I need more ways to incorporate the leafy greens. Fruit is NO PROBLEM!

Re: anyone else having a hard time eating healthy?

• Options
    I have a hard time eating proteins in the past couple weeks. Basically all protein makes me gag. I've been making smoothies with spinach and whey protein. I also try to cut up veggies and meats really small in my pastas so I can get it down!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes its bit tough but if it's like my first pregnancy this passes too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. Living on carbs still.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MaritimeMama3MaritimeMama3 member
    edited January 2015
    That's what the second trimester is for! Give it another week. You may start liking fish and veggies again.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Phew!!! I feel terrible when I only eat carbs and processed foods! It's the only thing that keeps the nausea at bay...
  • Options
    Carbs are the only thing I can stand.
  • Options
    Water and the thought of it made me gag. I can drink it ice cold now at night, lol. I also can't really eat full meals, I'm a snacker now and they aren't healthy snacks
  • Options
    I look for other ways to get protein like cheese, greek yogurt, and nuts. Those have been ok, while most meat has been off limits until like this week. 

I'm just going with it...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup.  It is awful.  I had a super clean diet before and now I just eat gross.

My little goofball born 1/2012
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When my husband eats a salad, just watching him makes me gag! It's so bizarre, we used to have salad with dinner every night.
  • Options
    Smoothies work for me sometimes and my favorite veggie broccoli now taste like soap. Occasionally I can eat a salad and soups with veggies in it other than that healthy food is a no go. I'm hoping this passes soon.
  • Options
    Carbs and milk are my life right now
  • Options
    I'm pretty much surviving off of carbs and fruit. Veggies and protein are tough.
  • Options
    My water has to have ice init and it has to be super cold or else I can't drink it. And I haven't been eating very healthy also. Basically Speghettios and ramen instant lunches.
  • Options
    It's so weird. I can't stomach meat and only a couple veggies. No cooked veggies at all. No salad. I can eat carrots, cucumbers, and sweet peppers with plain hummus. I eat carbs (mostly cereal, Pierogies, and baked potatoes), plain almonds, fruit, cold water, Hot tea. That's pretty much it.
  • Options
    Same here, I was primal /paleo with dairy before, now I eat carbs, dairy, and fruit. I'm 14 weeks too and it has been slowly getting better. Meat has been really gross to me
    Unless it's a chicken finger or a taco. I try to chug down a v-8 when I think of it just to get some kind of veg. I think it's going to continue to get better for all of us.
  • Options
    We are TWINS. All I want is carbs and fruit is amazing... But anything else just sets me off..
  • Options
    I'm definitely in the carbs and fruit camp. Tater tots with lots of ketchup is something I'm always able to eat. I'm also eating a lot of green grapes and other fruit, but I think that's mostly because I crave the water content. Drinking actual water grosses me out. Although I can drink sugary iced tea like there is no tomorrow.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    YES. Salad and raw vegetables in general are so gross to me right now, I just can't eat them. Cooked veggies are fine, but what I crave is carbs, cheese, and sometimes fruit (and ice cream but I suddenly seem to be lactose intolerant, so I'm trying to avoid it.) I really thought I was going to do better- my first couple weeks of pregnancy were all about the healthy eating and tons of veggies. I'm hoping I'll be able to get back to that, but for now I'm just focusing on staying hydrated, getting the calories I need, and taking my vitamin every day.
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's so weird, because I still WANT to eat like I did pre-pregnancy, tons of fresh veggies, fruits, and barely any processed foods. I just cant, anything remotely healthy makes me sick immediately :( I've even tried the v8 juice just to get some vitamins, but it has to be RIGHT before bed so I fall asleep before getting sick - and I LOVE v8! So pierogies, chef boyardee, and ramen noodles it's been...every.single.day. hopefully things get better soon!
  • Options

It's so weird, because I still WANT to eat like I did pre-pregnancy, tons of fresh veggies, fruits, and barely any processed foods. I just cant, anything remotely healthy makes me sick immediately :( I've even tried the v8 juice just to get some vitamins, but it has to be RIGHT before bed so I fall asleep before getting sick - and I LOVE v8! So pierogies, chef boyardee, and ramen noodles it's been...every.single.day. hopefully things get better soon!

My mom, husband, and I are making home made pierogi tomorrow. It's been sooo long, I can't wait!
  • Options
    I have no energy to cook, especially healthy. DH steps up but most of the time I can't eat it. Carbs are my mainstay, but I suck at processing them so it's not the best situation right now. We ate mainly veggies and proteins before. Now I eat pasta, rice, pizza, cheeseburgers, etc. I can do yogurt as long as I eat something with it. So terrible!!
  • Options
    I'm struggling to get enough carbs because I have to eat a certain way or my auto immune disease flares. I'm very jealous of all the carbs you all can eat! I have gluten free pancakes with choc chips every day for breakfast - it feels like a carb but isn't because they're made with almond meal (they're so good though!).
  • Options
    I was in the same boat until about 2 weeks ago. I was a carb monster- which is completely out of norm for me. I started with adding any fruit that seemed appetizing, then gradually was able to tolerate more and more veggies. Now I'm back to eating about 80% normally. Good luck, ladies.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I really only want to eat sushi and hot dogs but luckily I can eat everything. Before the 2nd trimester I couldn't eat a whole plate of food and it was all very specific and random. Now it's whatever. I have developed a new love for mayo that I need to kill...
  • Options
    I was having a hard time eating much of anything but the last few weeks not only is my appetite back but I want to eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. I also started drinking homemade protein smoothies in the morning.
  • Options
    My idea of "health eating" nowadays is to manage to eat at least 3 meals, regardless of what they contain, and keep them down. If I can manage that, then my eating for that day is counted as a success.
  • Options
    I try to eat at least a banana a day. It's about the only thing "healthy" I can want to eat. Also I can finally eat veggies as long as they're with a ton of hummus. I'm trying to fit that in regularly also. Unfortunately all I want is carbs, cream cheese or peanut butter
  • Options
    Im im the same boat as the rest of you. As much as I don't want to eat in the morning. Since im a school bus driver I can't afford to skip a meal and feel faint. What has been saving me is making a Nutritional shake in the a.m. Like the balanced meal shakes. It holds me over for a couple hours until my stomach is ready to put something real in it. By that time I am able to come home for my break and eat.
  • Options
    Carbs, only carbs, all the time :( so bloated from them. My favourite this week is vegetarian lasagna - at least I'm finally getting some veg
  • Options
    The carbs are killing my stomach and they go straight through me...wish they weren't the only thing I could eat. My body is playing cruel tricks on me.
  • Options
    I'm too exhausted to cook. So it's a lot of unhealthy takeout for me. But I'm eating a lot of citrus... Does that cout?
  • Options
    Between just getting over a nasty stomach bug and having zero interest in food since I got pregnant, I'm having a hard time eating ANYTHING.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Marinewife81Marinewife81 member
    edited January 2015
    Oops, double post

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm only able to eat healthy foods. Fast food, greasy stuff, pop or heavy carbs make me nauseous. I've been eating a lot of fruit, veggies and cheeses. Its the only thing that keeps me feeling well lately. So much different than my last pregnancy when all i wanted was Whoppers from Burger King ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"