March 2014 Moms
Options

what's up with my kid?

LO is 9.5 months, been sleeping in her crib,in her room since day one and sttn since two months. The last two or so weeks though she's been a little strange at nap time and bed time lately she always cries when I first put her down and will generally cry and whimper for 5 to 10 minutes till she falls asleep.

she's been waking up one to two times a night, just crying for seemingly no reason, not wet, not hungry (I assume) and I have a hard time comforting her, she wiggles around in my arms and pushes my hands away as if she doesn't want to be held, but if I put her down she will scream bloody murder.

Last night before I went to bed I saw on the monitor that she was awake, but figured she'd go right back to sleep but she started crying and screaming so I went in but again she was hard to console. I would have thought nightmare had she not lay there perfectly fine for several minutes prior to screaming.

Tonight, on my way to bed I went in and took her stuffed animal out of the crib, in the past this likely wouldn't have woken her but it did and she screamed and cried, again hard to console but cried every time I put her back down.

She does seem to be having a hard time adjusting to her mattress being lowered, we just did it the other day, but she's been like this for a couple weeks now. I know kids sttn until they dont, but I am finding the screaming and crying to be a little odd fir her and I hate that I can't comfort her, she has her two middle bottom teeth and I was thinking maybe she's about to cut some more that are really painful but I can't see or feel any, and it's just odd to me that her screaming proceeds and follows nap and bedtime. Any ideas?
Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: what's up with my kid?

• Options
    babycaps said:

Teeth!
    Have you tried teething tablets?

I have, they seem to help. I just never really know when she needs them. I know they are homeopathic but I am hesitant to just blindly resort to meds whenever she is cranky

It makes sense tho and I feel her pain. I just got invisalign and my teeth are achey and hurt and I've been pretty dang cranky too.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    @angelsnight‌ we struggled with this too and have concluded it was a combo of teeth and various things at night. We fed her more during day, which helped keep her belly full. We had very similar behaviors and circumstances (such as lowered crib and inconsolable) as your LO. We would give her 2 hylands teething tablets and that also started helping tremendously. Also, we stopped having her fall asleep w the bottle. She still gets it, only now she drinks it awake. Also started dressing her warmer...but my kid is so weird with the temp...she's very picky and I hope I get it just right every night! :-\"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"