July 2013 Moms

Toddler Rage

Has your 17/18 month old started to rage or tantrum yet? Holy Toddler Rage. @-)

He ran about the house screeching like a banshee on the moors because I wouldn't let him surf on his truck. Then jello at the table was an absolute affront to his order of the universe. :-??

It only lasts 3 minutes, but holy guacamole! Has your toddler tried to bring the house down yet?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Toddler Rage

• Yes! I know it's normal, but it still shocks me each time he flips the switch from all smiles to acting like he's possessed by a demon. Just in the past week, he starts head butting things when's he's lost his temper. And then he's pissed cause his head hurts so it just makes the tantrum longer. I'm not liking these mood swings one bit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • KittenD said:

We get a brief full wet noodle then he's back in business. Please tell me it doesn't get worse.

Abby still has the occasional melt down. The difference is now she can sass me with actual words vs. Screeching & crying. :-??

The rage gets intense, but I have never known if the speech/communication issues make the average tantrum more of an event (in duration or intensity).

Abby used to have tantrums/rages that lasted 2 hours. :|

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• We get screaming/screeching with some foot stomping and throwing himself on the floor. It lasts quite a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • we haven't gotten to full rage yet. Usually he just collapses in a heap.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Alexa's rage involves tears. She can cry at the drop of a hat. Real, big, soggy tears. (It's usually when she's not attached to me.) Im scared about overly dramatic teen years....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

• rondokyerondokye member
    edited January 2015
    Yikes - two hours?!

So far, just the throwing of ones self to the ground in a heap of tears. The occasional throwing of a cup. I'm really hoping the she takes after me. Apparently, tantrums were rare. [-O<
  • Yes! Noah has been having rage issues more and more. He's such a doll and turns into the spawn of Satan in mere moments. I love him but geeze.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Mainly just since he's been sick, but yes. Yesterday was crazy. I wasn't cutting up breakfast fast enough. Total meltdown. And pretty much any time we try to wipe his nose/face. He sounds like a little Nazgul for you Tolkien fans.
  • KikiCohen said:

Mainly just since he's been sick, but yes. Yesterday was crazy. I wasn't cutting up breakfast fast enough. Total meltdown. And pretty much any time we try to wipe his nose/face. He sounds like a little Nazgul for you Tolkien fans.

Nazgul! That's it. I joke that socks & shoes "they burn us!" Like Golum. =))

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Not really yet.

That means it won't right??
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • KikiCohen said:

Mainly just since he's been sick, but yes. Yesterday was crazy. I wasn't cutting up breakfast fast enough. Total meltdown. And pretty much any time we try to wipe his nose/face. He sounds like a little Nazgul for you Tolkien fans.

Nazgul! That's it. I joke that socks & shoes "they burn us!" Like Golum. =))
    Haha yes Gollum shrieking too!
  • Loud screeching and screaming, really loud crying, red face and tears. The worst was at Traget when we took a Duplo dump truck away from him, he wailed for 15+mins. DH took him outside and by the time I checked out and joined him he was still freaking out.

Occasional stomping and throwing himself on the floor. Lots of stiff body and arching his back.
  • No tantrums yet from being mad. She does sob if we sternly tell her "no".
  • Yes and usually in response to not being allowed to climb on something like the table or piano...ugh. Sometimes we can distract her out of it, but times like this morning where nothing changes her mind are brutal. A lot of it seems to be independence related, like if I pull the laughing cow cheese out and try to give her one, meltdown! If she takes the package out of the fridge and opens if herself, happiness!! Toddlers are tough.....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"