July 2015 Moms

Saturday Randoms

Re: Saturday Randoms

• caymarkscaymarks member
    edited January 2015
    I just had a terrifying dream and it included a super creepy guy about 6 inches from my face and now I'm scared to go back to sleep because I'm afraid he'll be staring at me again. It's still dark and DH is leaving for work soon :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been awake since 3:45 am playing games on my phone. Hopefully I'll be tired enough to fall back asleep soon.
  • DD woke up with the worst sounding cough at 12:30. We called the on call doc and they said it is croup. :( Poor baby. She felt better after we steamed up the bathroom to help her breathe and we have an appointment to go in today (apparently they always want to check kids with croup). Anyone with croup experience before I go freak myself out on Dr. Google?

DH was up with DD for several hours so I expect and hope they both sleep in. Happy weekend...

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I forgot I had to take my dog to the vet at 9:15 until my phone reminder went off a few minutes ago. I am so annoyed because it's below zero out and all I wanted to do was sleep in.... Oh well... Guess I will get up and get moving..
  • @JuneBug0611‌ sorry to hear that DD is sick. No experience but I hope she gets better soon.

I'm up early DD and DH are asleep. I should catch up on grading now.. but I just want to relax. and I also want a bowl of coco krispies now. I have the cereal but not the milk. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going to try to sleep some more. I've been up since 5:30. I guess baby doesn't like sleeping in. I have to do laundry and we're hitting the mall for maternity clothes today! Also, trading in my phone and upgrading finally. :) The great thing about the mall is that they have a Taco Bell. The bad thing is that it's a 20 minute drive and it's so cold outside!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Fireflies_titleimage
  • Andindria said:

Don't feel bad @shawnabm1320. I've been up since 6 playing Cinderella myself, not because I have company but because I've been lazy extremely lazy. DH has been filling in some of the holes but not enough to make me feel less lazy lol. My house is a total wreck! And today I get to start tearing apart my closet and cleaning it to make room for a gun cabinet.. Ugh. I hate the fact I'm loosing closet space to that!

This is totally my life. Our gun cabinet is currently a source of contention (not major) because it is in what will be baby's room. It locks, so no biggie on the safety side; but there's something weird to me about having a gun safe in a baby's room... Hopefully it's a boy, lol. I keep saying - we can build like a closet around it or something, right!? It's too heavy to move anywhere.
  • DH and DS are both up and I am laying in bed but all I can hear is DS running back and forth so I guess I should get up too.

We are also having friends over to play games tonight so cleaning will have to be done unless the cleaning fairy came while I was sleeping.... hey I can dream right LOL!
  • DH just left for his 1 hr commute to work. His heater is broke in his car, and it's 11 degrees out :( I try to let him take my work car whenever I'm home, but he refuses on Saturdays because he knows I like to run to the Amish market (and likes that I do the grocery shopping). I really wish he would just buy the new car we need, but he refuses until we buy the house. I just don't get it - his commute is all small town back roads, NOT a place I'd want to get stuck, especially with a crappy old car with no heat! And we have the money for the house and the car, so waiting is just to suffer? Boys will be boys, I guess...
  • Sitting in the lab waiting for my blood draws. They've added 5 more tests since the last time I was pregnant!

And my super excited adult moment is we are going to pick out flooring today because I'm a mean wife and making my husband install new floors throughout my whole downstairs by spring.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Dh is cooking bacon and eggs and the smell of bacon is disgusting me today. Not cool. Bacon is life.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just had a Bojangles Cajun filet biscuit for breakfast, it was delicious but I can already tell I am going to regret it later.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• I am telling my parents and my extended family today. I know they will be thrilled because they have been nagging me for years for a kid (I am 27)

Exciting! :)

My dog has been crying to go outside. Not because she has to pee but because she LOVES the snow. The second she sees the white ground she flips. It's so cute but she is going to want to be out there all day!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Today is the day we break the news to hubby's best friend that we are due July 4. He's getting married July 11 and DH is the best man. He'll go unless I'm actively in labor, but I almost definitely can't and I hate to put them in this position. His friend is such a great guy and I feel so terrible to make them nervous and stressed out on top of wedding stress.

Any tips to make it go smoother?
  • I'm glad it's Saturday and DH is home. I need to be Cinderella today too and clean.. I'm having lunch with friends later which I'm looking forward to..but weekends in the winter can be kind of blah. I miss summer time.. The summer is so much more fun.
  • @traceyos DH and I had a similar situation when we got married. His best man's wife was pregnant and die close to our wedding. They told us in private and we had a backup best man in case the wife went into labor. Perhaps you and DH can take this guy out to lunch and suggest a similar plan. Good luck and hopefully he will understand.

It's too cold to go outside and because of the Patriots game today we have limited access to things to do near us. So DH went to run some man errands, DD and I are chilling in our pjs and listening to kid books on CD.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

http://media.giphy.com/media/itcEfP0RuRfQk/giphy.gif
    July '15 January Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Fun

• I've been wide awake since 6:30 and I really hoping to have a nice sleep in. Now I'm hungry but im snuggling on the couch with the dogs and don't want to move.

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 30, DH: 30, Married Since 2009
  • shawnabm1320shawnabm1320 member
    edited January 2015

Andindria said:

Andindria said:

Don't feel bad @shawnabm1320. I've been up since 6 playing Cinderella myself, not because I have company but because I've been lazy extremely lazy. DH has been filling in some of the holes but not enough to make me feel less lazy lol. My house is a total wreck! And today I get to start tearing apart my closet and cleaning it to make room for a gun cabinet.. Ugh. I hate the fact I'm loosing closet space to that!

This is totally my life. Our gun cabinet is currently a source of contention (not major) because it is in what will be baby's room. It locks, so no biggie on the safety side; but there's something weird to me about having a gun safe in a baby's room... Hopefully it's a boy, lol. I keep saying - we can build like a closet around it or something, right!? It's too heavy to move anywhere.

This is why I finally gave in to move it to our closet. Yes, it locks. But I think I'd kill DH if we were to move it anywhere near a baby's room. It freaks me out. I keep trying to talk him into moving it into the garage.. But that arguments not worth it anymore lol.
    --------quote fail--------------

I hate our ugly gun safe, and I don't like having it in my room, but it's the only way I'm comfortable with having guns in my home. It's an occupational thing for DH, so there's no other option. I would not be comfortable having it in a baby's room ever, regardless of the fact that it locks. The sex of the baby would have zero bearing on my comfort level.

-------
    Well I am really not worried about the safety of it for several reasons: 1) It's a safe lock, so there's no way that a baby/toddler could find a way to unlock it accidentally or something. 2) My husband is super anal and responsible and never leaves it unlocked. 3) We aren't planning on being in this house longer than 3/4 more years anyway, and if we are, the kid would be moved out of that room anyway, because it's small.

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of bedroom options in our house. Either the baby sleeps there, or I will have to navigate steep narrow stairs in the middle of the night to go upstairs several times a night - which I find to be more dangerous than the baby sleeping in a room with a locked gun safe that's hidden in a closet. I can picture myself falling down the stairs with baby in my arms - not cool.

But anyways - I grew up around guns and hunting, and I realize that it's a polarizing issue. I probably shouldn't have brought it up.
  • ch10chch10ch member
    edited January 2015
    @shawnabm1320‌ I grew up with a gun safe in my bedroom closet. I knew what it was and had been taught about safety, but it was locked and I don't think I ever saw it opened anyway. There was no way I could have gotten into it even if I cared to (which I didn't). Honestly, I paid no mind and thought nothing of it. It was also the only space in the house for it. My mom tells me now she didn't like it there, but it was really not an issue.
  • DH just left to drive three hours to help his brother move into their new house. I'm excited about a day to myself, I'm a total homebody and enjoy alone time. I'll be getting groceries for next week and attempting to cook a bit if I can stomach it. I'll also be tackling a massive pile of laundry. Other than that, it should be a relaxing day. Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday!
  • So yesterday my SIL (H's step-sister.. Important later) and my sister start bugging me about dates for my baby shower. I got all flustered because it's not for months and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Finally I gave them a tentative date and they moved on to continue planning amongst themselves. Then later that afternoon I get a call from my MIL... She's going on and on about how amazing the pics are from the u/s blah blah blah. And then starts her "ummm.. Uhh.. Sooo.." Bs she does before she tries to pitch bs toward me.

She starts going on about how at my bridal shower there were too many people so she had to take her family inside. Which wasn't really fair to them (she did that on her own.. Everyone was very polite and having lots of fun at the shower). Also my shower was at her house because she demanded it (swearing that her family wouldn't come if it was at H's dads house.. Which she's done with many other parties as well).

Currently this party is being planned to be at a park, and if not there a neutral location.. But my MIL is forcing me to have a second one that is her family only. I told her I really would like to only have one. She didn't care. I explained to her that I do not know her family well and my H will have to agree to be there and also get the time off of work or I will not be there. I explained to her that I absolutely HATE having all the attention on me, which she said "get over it" to. When I said "then you get over needing your own party, were only having one" she completely ignored me.

Then she called my mom and said that she can't get my H on board so she's willing to have only one as long as it's at her dads or brothers house and my SIL has nothing to do with the planning. I am so pissed at how unbelievably selfish and a bitch she can be!

Sorry for the rant but I did everything I could not to scream at her. Thank god my H is on my side with this one.
  • Anyone play Trivia Crack? I'm not big into crap like this, but I'm hooked on this one.

I got pulled in and am now playing it religiously. Why!?

@wineandwalter I refused to go with DH (because going to the smelly mechanics with a 3 year old is so much fun) but he was good about it.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Anyone play Trivia Crack? I'm not big into crap like this, but I'm hooked on this one.

I just downloaded it yesterday and I can't stop playing!
  • @kristhegirl‌ I can't even explain how frustrating it is. She did the same thing with DH graduation last summer because the party was being hosted at his dad's house. I wasn't even allowed to invite her family because of that. They got divorced 25 years ago! Get over it already.
  • Another lazy Saturday morning for me...made DH pancakes, eggs, and bacon and plan to clean later on.
  • Time to take down the Christmas tree :( I get irrationally sad about this. I'd probably leave it up until spring if it stayed alive until then...
  • I'm jealous of all of you who have a DH home on Saturdays. My DH has never had weekends off. I liked when he worked 10s and had Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, but they moved to 8s and now he's off Wednesday & Sunday.

It didn't matter when the kids weren't in school. We miss out on a lot of Saturday events and there are plenty of fun things I'm stuck doing by myself with 3 kids. It can be a bummer sometimes.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I already had breakfast, but I can smell bacon and sausage at the resturant in the hotel in staying at. Hmmmm...

July 2015 Siggy Challenge

Snow Fails

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I started developing a UTI last night. So glad my OBGYN practice is relatively big, and they always have a doctor on call. Got some antibiotics in within half an hour from the call, and already feeling better. This sucks. Apparently one of the tubes connecting my kidney with the bladder is longer, and tends to hoop around, and with a protruding uterus, doctors said that UTIs will be a norm for me in pregnancy. And here I am - 12 weeks and 1 day, and it burns when I pee!! :-/
           BabyFruit Ticker      
                Our Rainbow Baby 
                                                                 Image and video hosting by TinyPic                                                    
          Me- 28, DH- 32 ----> together six years, married June 2012
    TTC ---> since the wedding night
    Initial diagnosis of PCOS, currently labeled as unexplained infertility
    Clomid and trigger shot regimen
    BFP 12/20/13, EDD 8/25/2014, baby got his wings at 11 weeks and 3 days.
    IVF - 2 day6 frozen embryos transferred 11/5/14, 9 frozen babies
    BFP 11/9/14, EDD 7/24/2015

Yes I play this too! So addicting!
  • @3timemom‌ it's only her. His dad doesn't care to be around her but won't cause a fuss. She is the one that needs special treatment all the time. It's incredibly frustrating.
  • Apparently I'm having a hungry day. Already ate first and second breakfast, and I want a snack.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"