July 2013 Moms
Options

5.99 cough syrup (asking for a friend)

My friend has triplet 4 month olds with cough. They've been to the doctor (and she plans on going back ASAP).

She wanted to ask me about cough syrup, but at that age my doctor didn't permit any type of meds (save atabuterol breathing treatments).

I remember @etoille‌ used Zarbees cough syrup? I've never used it-- but would you recommend a mom-card type call for some relief for the LO with a cough?

I told her to ask her doc, but I figured I'd ask here too.

https://www.zarbees.com/zarbees-all-natural-baby-cough.html

This one says ages 2 months plus.

WWJuly13D?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 5.99 cough syrup (asking for a friend)

• Options
    We used it. It has agave syrup in it. It is very thick to go down so watch for choking.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. She is concerned they'll end up in hospital & I am trying to help her out. Y'all are the best! :x

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Addie's doctor allowed us to use Benadryl when she had a terrible cough - alleviating the congestion should alleviate the coughing. But I know Addie was at least over 6 months at the time.

We also buy the Vick's plug in things. Who knows if it really helps, but it makes you feel like you are doing more to help.
  • Options
    We use it, but now, now then. Honey would be my concern.
  • Options
    Ditto what @casey78‌ said. When Oliver was 3 months he had a nasty cough and cold and we did vapo bath, rub, humidifier, and elevating. He slept way better in the rock n play, too. We didn't start using zarbees until much later, but it does help a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"