August 2015 Moms

Social Media Announcements

With some of us getting closer and closer to the second trimester, has anyone thought of how they will announce their pregnancy on social media? I'm a FTM so I don't have an already cute child to wear an even cuter big brother shirt and everything else seems kind of lame. 

I feel like I want to announce online as I have so many friends all over that it is hard and overwhelming to think of calling everyone individually. I've told the important people in person but am looking for a cute (not tacky, if that's possible with a FB announcement) way to share our news. 

If anyone wants to share their ideas for their upcoming announcement or even a past one, I would love to see your ideas! I am tired of seeing the same photos over and over again on Facebook!

(Disclaimer: I searched the boards but couldn't find a similar post. If there is one and I somehow missed it I would love the link to it!)
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Social Media Announcements

• Loading the player...
  • I just posted a pic of SO holding our ultrasound in front of my belly!
  • I had a cute sign made on Etsy. I plan on someone taking a picture of DH and I holding it and announcing that way.
    "One Love, One Heart, One Destiny" - Bob Marley

"Louie & Irie -  Fur Babies Adopted 02/16/13 & 5/23/13"

August 15 January Challenge - Mean Girls

• It will be much much later. After the A/S at least, possibly after viability day (24 weeks). I think the Easter ideas are cute.

We're letting family know tonight (we've had a rough road getting here, so we've held off) and H will let his work know and we'll tell closer friends around 13 weeks. Facebook will be embargoed, though. I have always had my wall on lock down anyway, and H's is, too.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We love creative ideas! With our first we did a big couples photo shoot announcing with signs. For this one we will have our DS wearing a full tux holding the sign below. It will be around Vday so it will be fitting.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our announcement will be our nieces and nephews holding signs in a photo collage added to a video. It's similar to older sibling ideas but with our baby's nine big cousins! Our family is very close :smile:
  • We didn't announce on social media until after our A/S last time. We're a little country here so we had tiny boots with a pink bandana tied around one sitting on a hill and we were blurry in the background kissing.

This time, we're not making a big to do. We'll probably post a #tbt pic of our DD on Christmas with her big sister shirt. And most likely after the A/S again.

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Nrt0713 said:

This is how I'm gonna announce it. I'm also a FTM and we have our fur baby who is super spoiled and so I figured this sign is fitting.

Your beagle is ridiculously adorable!
  • LawnDog1216LawnDog1216 member
    edited January 2015
    We did a FB post on my 40th birthday  (which was the end of February) - a pic of our Chocolate Lab sitting in front of a sign that said, "WHAT??? A BABY?!?! I'm gonna need more treats!" with a comment that said "40 is looking fine from here -- blessed and excited to welcome baby [name] this July."

Man, I miss that dog.

I'm pretty sure we won't do a FB post this time - we'll let word of mouth do the job.

eta: February
  • I have no idea.  I feel really weird about the idea of announcing personally, since I'm a private person.  I love the ideas I've seen on the board so far though!  

I feel like I probably have to eventually or it will look weird later on when I randomly have a baby in photos...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The last day of my first trimester is Valentine's day so we'll announce it on that day. I'm torn between two ideas: The coffee cup idea that some one posted earlier (my MIL got up a cute sippy cup with a faux starbucks logo) or something along the lines of Our valentine is due in August 2015 with a copy of the ultrasound I'm having done on Monday.
  • Hubby and I are also planning to use our fur babies. We have a Great Dane, a min pin mix, and a full min pin. In leaning towards daddy's boy, momma's boy, and I'm getting a human of my own!
    Hubby is leaning towards someone else to blame the stink on, guard dog duty, and snuggle boss.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• jgesijgesi member
    edited January 2015
    ABvintage said:

I'm really considering not doing a social media announcement until we know the sex and announce it in one big thing BUT if I do an announcement I'm thinking something like this:

@ABvintage‌ I have the same picture saved on my phone that I plan on copying in some sort of way. That was the only idea I found on pinterest that I really thought was cute.

ETA: too much use of the word really
  • I'm thinking of taking a picture with all 3 of my dogs sitting by the ultrasound and saying something like "adding another one to our pack" but I don't want people to get overly sensitive like I'm calling my baby a dog. Any ideas how to include all 3 dogs?
  • We announced on Christmas after we told our families. None of them can keep their mouths shut. Lol. We just posted our u/s pic saying Santa came early this year! It was simple and clear and I think it went over well. I say, keep it simple and something that people will understand right away. I would hate to have to explain it to 800 people lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• I'm thinking of taking a picture with all 3 of my dogs sitting by the ultrasound and saying something like "adding another one to our pack" but I don't want people to get overly sensitive like I'm calling my baby a dog. Any ideas how to include all 3 dogs?

I'm trying use ours, and I'm leaning towards 'daddy's boy', 'momma's boy', and 'I get the new one'

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I didn't really 'announce' my first pregnancy on Facebook since it's mostly close friends and family on mine, but I did post a picture of me and my puppies titled 4 month baby bump for those that logistically were far away and didn't see me regularly.
  • We love creative ideas! With our first we did a big couples photo shoot announcing with signs. For this one we will have our DS wearing a full tux holding the sign below. It will be around Vday so it will be fitting.

I might have to steal this idea and do it instead!
    @runningmommy519‌ as long as you post so I can see too :)
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We arent allowed to have an ultrasound until march (18 weeks) so hopefully I can wait until then. I have a really cute star wars announcement planned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy

• I might go the route  of @queenb+ and just post a pic of myself/belly much later on.  That would only be for people who were periphery on facebook, everyone else I will just tell in person or on the phone after our 1st ultrasound. 

TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We FaceTimed immediate family and DD recited a poem for them. Took a video of her reciting it, thought I way just post that.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • I'd rather tell my friends in person so I can enjoy sharing the experience. From what I've seen, everything from shoes to cakes and balloons has already been done and it seems like families are constantly competing to out-do and out-cute one another. It makes me want to use the mystery of surprise to my advantage.
    **Paraguard removed 10/30** **BFP 11/29** Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"