Trying to Get Pregnant

Femara & Monitoring Question

Hey ladies, so it's CD1 for me and since we're moving on to IUI this month, I went in today for a baseline sonogram this morning. All looks good, ovaries are all clear. So I'm starting Femara on Sunday, CD3. I've seen on numerous "my ob gave me clomid" threads that, when being monitored while on Clomid, there is CD3 blood work that needs to be done. My RE did not order any CD3 blood work. DH and I are both going in on Monday for blood work, but it's infectious diseases testing that is required by my RE prior to the IUI. We've had this paperwork for months now.

My question: is CD3 blood work only for Clomid? I'm assuming not. Is there any reason he WOULDN'T order CD3 blood work? I will be going in again on CD12 for a follow-up sonogram prior to the IUI, and my RE's office makes it sound as though this is my monitoring. Sound strange to anyone? Just want to make sure that, with my history of cysts, I'm not headed into a potential fertility disaster here!
Married to the love of my life since September 2013.
TTC #1 since January 2014
Met with RE Nov 2014: Cyst on left ovary. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy 12/3 to remove cyst, endo, polyp, and fibroid
12/14: Natural cycle = BFN
1/15: Starting Femara for IUI #1

Chart Stalk Me
PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

Re: Femara & Monitoring Question

• Thanks, @kensie5226‌, I'll ask over there! I post here more, so felt more comfortable starting here.
    Met with RE Nov 2014: Cyst on left ovary. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy 12/3 to remove cyst, endo, polyp, and fibroid

Chart Stalk Me
  • I've had two different sets of blood work done through my RE. One was prior to my lap, so not CD3. The first may have been but I wasn't ever explicitly told. My guess, based on that, is that they probably have the information they need, then? Since we made a treatment plan early on, and have been moving forward with that since November.

Chart Stalk Me
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't before the first round of femara, but I did before the 2nd round to check for residual cysts. I assume I will from now on.
    someecards.com - Everyone's getting pregnant and having babies....... And I'm just sitting here making ovarian cystsimage

My Ovulation Chart
    Me-30 PCOs  DH-32
    April 2013-Came off BCP
    Cycles1-3: 70+ days ending w/ Provera
    Nov 2013: Dx w/ PCOs and started Pregnitude
    Cycles 4-5: Cycling with Prometrium- Still no ovulation
    Cycle 6: Finally O'd by myself on CD 29 (7 day LP)
    Cycles 7-10: Late ovulation and short LPs
    Sept 2014-Finally making an RE appointment! 9/24
    10/1-began metformin; 10/16 HSG= All clear! SA= super sperm
    Cycle 12: Nov 2014-2.5 mg femara + TI = BFN
    Cycle 13 Dec 2014 2.5 mg femara + TI =?
    TTGP December Siggy: Favorite Christmas Movie SNL Digital Short

• edited January 2015
    Thanks ladies! Sounds like this is probably one of the blood works I did when first meeting with the RE, he just didn't call it that. So I'm thinking all is good :) Thanks for the input!

ETA: is "blood works" a thing? Blood work ups, maybe? Drinking thread; lotsa wine; words are hard.

Chart Stalk Me
  • Sorry...I just realized you asked about cd3 bloodwork, not cd3 ultrasound. YES, they did cd3 b/w before my first round, and they continue to stick me every time I go.
    someecards.com - Everyone's getting pregnant and having babies....... And I'm just sitting here making ovarian cystsimage

My Ovulation Chart
    Me-30 PCOs  DH-32
    April 2013-Came off BCP
    Cycles1-3: 70+ days ending w/ Provera
    Nov 2013: Dx w/ PCOs and started Pregnitude
    Cycles 4-5: Cycling with Prometrium- Still no ovulation
    Cycle 6: Finally O'd by myself on CD 29 (7 day LP)
    Cycles 7-10: Late ovulation and short LPs
    Sept 2014-Finally making an RE appointment! 9/24
    10/1-began metformin; 10/16 HSG= All clear! SA= super sperm
    Cycle 12: Nov 2014-2.5 mg femara + TI = BFN
    Cycle 13 Dec 2014 2.5 mg femara + TI =?
    TTGP December Siggy: Favorite Christmas Movie SNL Digital Short

• No knowledge about the bloodwork, but just wanted to wish you GL @longhornwino0907!

Me: 33  DH: 39  Married 5/17/14
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015

Formerly known as JennyH81

DH has one son (11) from prior marriage
    Baby Girl Pug is my furbaby

Come peek in my ute!

• Yes, @NariaDreaming‌, I was told there would be an ultrasound at the beginning of each cycle. This first cycle, I'm also having a mid-cycle ultrasound to see how I'm responding to the meds.

Chart Stalk Me
  • @KateLM, I started five pills of Femara today, CD3. I'm supposed to start OPKs on CD11, the 19th, mid-cycle ultrasound on the 20th, and doc says he expects I'll ovulate and do the IUI later that week, Thursday-Sundayish. Just my situation, though.

Chart Stalk Me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"