Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Uppa Baby Vista Moms who traveled with their strollers.

I have a question to all Uppa Baby Vista moms who traveled with their strollers. I am going on our first vacation with DS. I am planning to buy the stroller bag, is it worth it? I heard a lot of people have issues fitting the stroller in the bag. I have Uppa baby vista in Drew. I think its the newest one I'm not sure. I also don't know, do I check the stroller with all the baggage? I just think its a lot of walking at the airport, to the gates etc. Did anyone check it at the gate? how does that work? does it depend on the airline? Also any info on traveling with a 10 month old is appriciated!! Thanks!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Uppa Baby Vista Moms who traveled with their strollers.

• We just traveled abroad with 8 month baby and our vista and we did purchased travel bag. Definitely worth it every dollar. Its keeping stroller clean, protects from damage and uppa baby garantee stroller replacement if it will be damaged while you traveling. Just don't forget to register it. Its not so hard to put stroller in as I saw in reviews. Try to do it at home couple times and you will be ok in airport. When you check in in airport, tell them you are traveling with stroller and they will give you special baggage tag. You can take and use stroller up to the moment you will board airplane. Right by entrance to airplane you give it to airport workers. When you land you will find your stroller right by airplane exit. Very convenient.
  • I didn't get the travel bag. If you read the fine print, it doesn't cover all damages you think it would. We just checked it at the gate. I've been on two trips with with with 2 different airlines and it was a cinch. One trip I brought the seat and our Chicco key fit 30. It was too much to juggle, even with 4 adults. So the next trip I just brought the car seat attachment. It made the stroller easier to manage at the gate. We checked both the car seat and stroller at the gate with no problems (since she flew as a lap child).
    Tips for traveling: I'm sure you've heard, bottle or nurse at take off and landing. For each way, we had a new toy to distract her. She slept the entire way the first trip we took coming and going, because we were able to schedule flight during her normal nap time. The second trip she was awake both times, but between the new toy, bottle, finger food and switching laps back and forth when she got antsy, she did great. We also let her play with misc items like napkins, whatever kept her still for more than two seconds. I also let her crawl around before we boarded the plane, to get it out of her system. Sorry for winded reply. Hope this helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the uppababy vista and we purchased the bag. Helpful if you travel a lot. Yes it's a bit of a squeeze trying to fit it in the bag so make sure u do a few practice runs before you go on a trip. I prefer to make sure my stroller is taken care of. They are pretty rough with your belongings. It's a bit of a hassle but worth it if you don't want your stroller getting banged up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"