February 2015 Moms

Baby kicks?

My kid is kicking me in either my spleen or some other internal organ. It hurts like a kidney stone. Is he supposed to be kicking an internal organ? Is that what that is?!

Re: Baby kicks?

• Your organs are smushed all over the place in there and the baby is running out of room. If you are concerned or the pain is severe, call your doctor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't see inside your belly to know what organ your baby is kicking. As the PP said, your organs are all over the place. I'm sure you are fine.
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't even imagine what my spleen would feel like to know if I'm being kicked there. I am convinced baby purposely squeezes my bladder though.
  • The only thing I can distinguish what baby is kicking or bouncing off of is my bladder. And on special occasions I get a punch in the vagina! Can't really mistake that one. But good job at knowing your spleen is being kicked. I'd say call your dr if your experiencing a lot of pain.
  • carlyford said:

My kid is kicking me in either my spleen or some other internal organ. It hurts like a kidney stone. Is he supposed to be kicking an internal organ? Is that what that is?!

What is he supposed to kick if not your insides?.....
  • As a nurse I would really like it if you could enlighten me... What exactly does it feel like to be kicked in the spleen? Does it feel different than the gallbladder or appendix? What do you expect your baby to kick? An external organ?
    Pregnant with baby BOY #1 due 2/24/14 after 4 years of TTC and IUI #3
  • Well, now in all fairness my little guy was sitting up tight to my liver and gall bladder a couple weeks ago and causing pain from it. I knew it was my either one of those organs because I'm familiar with human anatomy and it felt just like when I had a cholecystitis flare up several years ago.. But yeah, I prob would not immediately jump to spleen if I was having pain that area... Maybe kidney...

Op- either way, unless you have baby Chuck Norris in your belly you don't have to worry about baby's kicks causing damage. Some discomfort once and a while? Absolutely. Just remember, the end is near!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"