March 2015 Moms

Terrifying experience.... *Update*

13»

Re: Terrifying experience.... *Update*

• Ok well I'm done defending myself. I came to you ladies because I was freaking out and I appreciated all the support and helpful advice at the time. Now it's just gotten ridiculous and I don't need to listen to this bullshit. I've been a member of this community since I found out I was pregnant, and don't feel I deserve to be treated this way. :(
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• The windchill around here has been hovering around -20 and the advisory says that frostbite can occur within 25-30 min to exposed skin. I'm thinking that after falling through ice and walking that far home in soaking wet clothes there would definitely be a huge risk of hypothermia.

The other thing I wanted to mention is it can be dangerous (for cardiac reasons) to warm up too quickly after hypothermia so it's surprising to me your doctor wouldn't want you to get evaluated for that reason, even if they weren't concerned about the baby. It just seems like a huge liability for them to not advise you to be seen after calling in with something like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • OK, I am getting entirely too much amusement out of imagining her pulling clothes out and piling them at the front door before pouring a pitcher of water over all of it while muttering "I'll show them all!"
    I chortled.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • You have got to be shitting me!! Your explanation makes it sound even more of a lie and your pictures don't help! That pond might not be deep and your clothes don't even look wet. I'm going with this was a foot broke through sort of thing and you need some attention for some sick reason. I seriously don't get it.

But oh my fucking goodness, you have to realize how ridiculous this all is. 
  • And you can't even be chest deep in a retention pond.

Just stop.
  • Here is the sweater I was wearing. So looks like the water line was more like just above the belly button. Like I said, at the time I didn't really look down to notice. It was deep enough that I freaked out.

Yes, our health care system is free. But that also means that they don't order unnecessary tests. Things that people have expressed concern about in the past I've asked the doctor about, and unless you are bleeding, having contractions, or aren't feeling the baby move anymore, they don't seem to order any tests. She said that I took the right steps to warm myself up slowly, and since the baby was still moving then she didn't think it was necessary to come in. She said to come in if anything changed in my health but that the baby is well insulated in there and would be fine.

• ettamicheleettamichele member
    edited January 2015

cmcintos said:

Here is the sweater I was wearing. So looks like the water line was more like just above the belly button. Like I said, at the time I didn't really look down to notice. It was deep enough that I freaked out.

Yes, our health care system is free. But that also means that they don't order unnecessary tests. Things that people have expressed concern about in the past I've asked the doctor about, and unless you are bleeding, having contractions, or aren't feeling the baby move anymore, they don't seem to order any tests. She said that I took the right steps to warm myself up slowly, and since the baby was still moving then she didn't think it was necessary to come in. She said to come in if anything changed in my health but that the baby is well insulated in there and would be fine.

Wait, wait, wait, so this is a current picture of your still-wet sweater 10+ hours after the supposed ice incident, or did you immediately take the picture knowing that we'd eventually call bullshit?  This just keeps getting better and better.

Edit: Quote fail----------

I think she filled the tub and dipped the sweatshirt in to give it that "just fell in a pond" look.
    BFP 7/10/14--EDD 3/17/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If this happened and your doctor just advised you to do nothing, PLEASE find a different doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm glad that my experience has lead to so much entertainment and joy for so many of you.

To the earlier posters, thanks for your support and concern. I really appreciate it.

Clearly this is just getting out of hand, so I'm done.

• AleWife said:

Well done, @chaysefaith‌, pulling Rescue 911 out of the archives. Man, I loved that fucking show. Totally forgot about it.

I have rescue 911 stories burned into my memory..

I also, will go out of my way, not to eve. Step on ice on the sidewalk... I'm very confused by this whole story, I think we all are.

I don't let pregnancy stop me from doing a whole lot.. I still go to concerts, sporting events, late dinners with my H... I still have a good time. But I won't even stand on a chair to reach something, never mind walk on ice that I assume is frozen... I just can't wrap my head around this entire post...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• That's it, you caught me..... I just had a pregnancy craving for internet strangers attention, so I concocted an elaborate story for fun. Didn't really expect to have to rub my clothes in a field of bullrushes and then dip them in the bathtub for effect, or throw fresh dog shit on my floor.... but hey, anything for attention right?!?!

Also, I didn't really get a puppy. I just googled cute puppy images. And my husband didn't really buy me a low-back chair instead of a glider. Hell, I don't even have a husband. I'm really a man. 

• Ya except that when I open completely unrelated threads I still see references to the girl who lied about falling through ice, or people who's new hobby is breakdancing on ice. So if people want to continue badgering me about it, then I am going to continue to defend myself and my actions.

• gnomemom said:

Okay. Thanks for the update. Glad you're okay.

Can this thread die now?

At this point, that's really up to OP.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • I can't love tit for some reason (I keep getting a stupid error), but just know I've wanted to love most of the comments in this thread.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"